U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2010, 04:04 PM

2,788 posts, read 4,404,601 times

Advertisements

Here is a story I have
The other day my boyfriend and I were working out at the workout room at his apts. We were in there alone and in comes some guy with his girlfriend and her little boy. He started to work out, and his girlfriend was watching him. His girlfriend had made a comment that she used to work on the machine he was on. She was on the chunky side, and he was just bashing her, telling her USED TO thats why your fat now cuz you stopped. My boyfriend and I didnt find that amusing.
Then he tells her why dont you work out, and see how long you can last on this B###H. My boyfriend said he was only putting her down to make himself look good, but it only made him look like an ass.
The funny part was he started trying to lift weights and kept on looking at me to try and impress me..
Let me tell you he was no GQ
My boyfriend told me he is glad we dont disrespect each other in public or private.
My moral is if you fat and not happy try and lose weight
and dont be with a man who finds humor in putting you down.
You should always love yourself first and foremost
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2010, 04:24 PM

1,164 posts, read 1,740,734 times
That's so terrible! I feel bad for that poor woman! I hate to admit it, but I've said harsh things to my ex-boyfriend in public before, and it's not kosher! It's all about treating others with respect people! Unfortunately, I learned my lesson the hard way---hence the "ex-". That guy was lucky she didn't break up w/ him on the spot...or put him "in his place" at the very least!

Old 06-30-2010, 06:32 PM

158 posts, read 506,930 times
Mr. Bench Press isn't setting much of an example for his girlfriend's little boy, either, is he? Don't think that the little kid isn't absorbing everything he is seeing and hearing. If I was her, I'd kick the jerk to the curb. Why should anyone put up with such disrespect?

If Mr. A and I are arguing, and someone happens to come to the door, we clam up immediately and put the issue on 'hold' -- and once the visitor(s) leave, we have usually forgotten all about the argument.

I remember a friend of ours came to pick us up to take us to a BBQ, and his wife was sitting in the front seat of the car. She was in a snit about something, maybe it was because our friend came to collect us, but she repeatedly called him "***t for brains" during the car-ride and shrieked at him. I was so embarassed for him. I'd never met the woman before. I didn't know where to look. I've never forgotten that incident, and that happened a good fifteen years ago.

We have another friend. He's married to a shrew who will plonk herself down on a chair outside in his backyard, trot out her household financial accounting ledger and a pen, glare at him, and start hollering at him in their mother tongue. They are European immigrants, and not only do Mr. A and find it embarassing, we find it insulting that the woman uses a foreign language that we do not understand to curse her husband out, or curse about us, for all we know.

Some people are incredibly rude and tactless.

Last edited by ladyaugusta; 06-30-2010 at 06:47 PM..

Old 06-30-2010, 07:24 PM

17,751 posts, read 15,660,469 times
So the moral of the story is what? She is still with him. Some victims walk down a dark alley and are ambushed. However in that case the victim does not say lets do this again tomorrow. With both carry on and check in luggage, it appears to me that she has, at the very least, felt that she has exhausted a better option.

Last edited by gwynedd1; 06-30-2010 at 08:13 PM..

Old 06-30-2010, 07:29 PM

42,677 posts, read 44,339,152 times
I would never put up with that kind of guy. I would probably insult him right back.

Old 06-30-2010, 08:42 PM

10,425 posts, read 44,675,976 times
That guy is a useless waste of human flesh. It sounds like something out of the mouth of the rap generation. Street thug crap.

I spend a great deal of time working out and I never heard any crap like that in the gym. I really really really believe most men are good and caring people but just a few like that azzhole makes us all look bad.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:23 PM

24,757 posts, read 33,990,829 times
I saw something like that happen once when I was a trainer in a gym. A man was making fun of his beautiful but overweight girlfriend as she worked out. I told him quietly but firmly that that type of behavior was forbidden in the gym. He got the hint.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:55 PM

10,996 posts, read 11,485,207 times
That guy is a dbag. I grew up with a verbally abuse father who used to put down my mother, and she never would say anything back. I'd rather end up alone in prison, than end up with a guy like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships