U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 11:51 PM

42,837 posts, read 73,693,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
Ohhhhhhh so it's YOU whippin out my old threads!

I feel so used...can't let me go, can yah!
Don't give yourself THAT much credit, Opti! I searched for the thread. Didn't have any idea it was yours.

Old 06-30-2010, 11:53 PM

3,437 posts, read 5,043,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
What I am seeing out there with women is a lot of extremes in a bad direction. Lots of addiction, lots of medication, lots of shanky behavior, lots of low rent street talk and gibberish, lots of tattoos, lots of debt and bad financial decisions. Seems like a lot of women aim for the dumpster. Maybe the best way to sum it up is there are a lot of women out there with no class.

I really am not seeing a lot of well adjusted, normal, decent women with manners out there on the market.

My own opinion is that much of issue is from influence in media and crap they read in womens mags and see on TV.
This is exactly what the problem is and I know I am not the problem. I didnt have a dysfunctional upbringing, and I have a few friends who are very decent people, well adjusted and seem to have the same problems I am having.

Old 07-01-2010, 12:00 AM

314 posts, read 338,003 times
yeah bars are full of drunks some drink because they have problems
try geting to know them more before making it official try more stable
environments to find a girlfriend

Old 07-01-2010, 12:30 AM

112 posts, read 212,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Bar girls are some of the WORSE women to pic up if you're looking for a relationship. Also, meeting women (or men) at a bar is good place to pic up an STD. Leave those bar girls alone!

i have often thought that myself but how many girls do you know that go to bars. Pretty much every girl I know has spent some time in a bar and they are not STD filled bar-who*es. They're normal girls for the most part.

With that said though I still wouldn't really want to pick up some girls in a bar for a relationship

Old 07-01-2010, 06:34 AM

8,416 posts, read 32,826,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Something is definitely wrong with our society, I was in a long term relationship for 6 years, and although we had our differences, we agreed to break it up back in October. Since then, I moved to Iowa and we are still friends.

I have been dating since this past January and I must have met at least 20 girls since I moved here to Iowa. I was in a short term relationship for a month and the girl was totally messed up, I would say probably 90% of the women I have met at bars, through mutual friends or online are totally messed up, very weird or extremely flaky.

I went on a date with a girl last Thu night and it went very well, so far I have not seen any red flags, but it is almost like it is hard for me to believe that someone could be "normal". We have only met once but if she turns out to be "normal", I would say the ratio is about 1 normal for each 20 women you meet, something is definitely wrong!
Yeh. Democrats do it better.

Your quote on the jewish people:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Bunch of big nosed crooks, almost always involved in some type of illegal activity, names that come to mind, Madoff and Sholom Rubashkin, the very religious Jew who ran a kosher meatpacking plant here in Iowa where all his employees were illegal immigrants.
Seems you have your own issues. Don't ask for what you can't deliver yourself. I can't think of many quality people that would want to be with a racist.

Old 07-01-2010, 06:49 AM

9,017 posts, read 18,165,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
What I am seeing out there with women is a lot of extremes in a bad direction. Lots of addiction, lots of medication, lots of shanky behavior, lots of low rent street talk and gibberish, lots of tattoos, lots of debt and bad financial decisions. Seems like a lot of women aim for the dumpster. Maybe the best way to sum it up is there are a lot of women out there with no class.

I really am not seeing a lot of well adjusted, normal, decent women with manners out there on the market.

My own opinion is that much of issue is from influence in media and crap they read in womens mags and see on TV.
Women? Make that people in general and you'd be just as accurate.

I think it probably is the fact that the OP is fishing in the wrong pond. There's nothing wrong with going to bars occasionally, but after awhile it does become the common denominator for most losers.

Maybe if he joined some sort of service organization where the common denominator was altruism combined with professionalism he might meet a different kind of women. But then, maybe he's shopping for a party girl...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships