U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 08:26 PM

3,195 posts, read 3,305,541 times

Advertisements

Something is definitely wrong with our society, I was in a long term relationship for 6 years, and although we had our differences, we agreed to break it up back in October. Since then, I moved to Iowa and we are still friends.

I have been dating since this past January and I must have met at least 20 girls since I moved here to Iowa. I was in a short term relationship for a month and the girl was totally messed up, I would say probably 90% of the women I have met at bars, through mutual friends or online are totally messed up, very weird or extremely flaky.

I went on a date with a girl last Thu night and it went very well, so far I have not seen any red flags, but it is almost like it is hard for me to believe that someone could be "normal". We have only met once but if she turns out to be "normal", I would say the ratio is about 1 normal for each 20 women you meet, something is definitely wrong!

Old 06-30-2010, 08:31 PM

7,373 posts, read 7,401,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Something is definitely wrong with our society, I was in a long term relationship for 6 years, and although we had our differences, we agreed to break it up back in October. Since then, I moved to Iowa and we are still friends.

I have been dating since this past January and I must have met at least 20 girls since I moved here to Iowa. I was in a short term relationship for a month and the girl was totally messed up, I would say probably 90% of the women I have met at bars, through mutual friends or online are totally messed up, very weird or extremely flaky.

I went on a date with a girl last Thu night and it went very well, so far I have not seen any red flags, but it is almost like it is hard for me to believe that someone could be "normal". We have only met once but if she turns out to be "normal", I would say the ratio is about 1 normal for each 20 women you meet, something is definitely wrong!
It's the Sex and the City effect... I think we are on the tail end of it, fortunately. It's finally trending down. "Flaky and vapid = cool" is almost done.

Old 06-30-2010, 08:52 PM

4,491 posts, read 3,976,434 times
Without a lot more information, I wonder if it's you who's the odd one, rather than them, since you think so many of them are weird or messed up. How do you define that, anyway?

Old 06-30-2010, 08:55 PM

1,225 posts, read 1,667,298 times
Or those are just the women you attract?

Old 06-30-2010, 09:00 PM

34,142 posts, read 20,370,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swmrbird View Post
Or those are just the women you attract?
That's what I was thinking.

Old 06-30-2010, 09:00 PM

2,732 posts, read 1,658,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post

Bar girls are some of the WORSE women to pic up if you're looking for a relationship. Also, meeting women (or men) at a bar is good place to pic up an STD. Leave those bar girls alone!

Old 06-30-2010, 09:05 PM

156 posts, read 123,831 times
Yep, I was kind of thinking that the one common denominator is you. Maybe, just maybe, you are the messed up one.

Old 06-30-2010, 09:12 PM

221 posts, read 174,102 times
Hmm, maybe, maybe not.

I see lots of well adjusted males with this problem. I think a lot of young women power trip because they hold a lot of the cards as far as sex and relationships go until their 30's

Old 06-30-2010, 09:15 PM

3,062 posts, read 4,226,422 times
Not to dis you or anything Repubocrat, but the saying " We are attracted to those as healthy or as unhealthy as ourselves" has some merit. Why aren't you attracting women as well-balanced and emotionally healthy as yourself - everyone else seems to be able to do so...

Old 06-30-2010, 10:16 PM

9,718 posts, read 12,466,920 times
What I am seeing out there with women is a lot of extremes in a bad direction. Lots of addiction, lots of medication, lots of shanky behavior, lots of low rent street talk and gibberish, lots of tattoos, lots of debt and bad financial decisions. Seems like a lot of women aim for the dumpster. Maybe the best way to sum it up is there are a lot of women out there with no class.

I really am not seeing a lot of well adjusted, normal, decent women with manners out there on the market.

My own opinion is that much of issue is from influence in media and crap they read in womens mags and see on TV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships