U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-15-2010, 08:15 AM

1,561 posts, read 1,049,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
It works out if you're in it just for the sex, otherwise the faithful part is a gamble.
Now that sounds like Logic.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:25 AM

10,635 posts, read 10,257,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
Giving and receiving is not sharing? That does not sound logical. Unless you imply different Status to each side of the exchange, or it is one sided because the giver receives nothing back.
No it dosent sound logical, but according to most responses a woman is just giving "it" away. That sounds cold and as one sided as the guy is "getting" some. Yes sharing is giving and receiving. Im am giving and receiving, sharing a sexual experience. Not giving myself away.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:37 AM

12,339 posts, read 7,526,354 times
How many people would give the key to their house to someone they met the first day?
How many people would give them the keys to their car?
How about social security numbers?
How about bank account numbers?

If you have sex in one day, what is your priority? They could have a nasty compulsion to lick the rim of a toilet for all I know. On the list of things I care about, I am on the top of the list. The action is what matters, not the pontification. The reason that people act differently on the list above is because it does not involve orgasms.

This does not even bring up the idea of using the build up for a bonding experience. Have you never sat down before a meal and enjoyed the smell before? It makes it better. People that survive together bond together. If all of us as strangers were stranded on an island it took years to get off, we would be life long friends. The greater the impact, the harder it is to throw away during the hard times.

A lot of people have said how wonderful their lives have turned out. Two can play at that game. Not only did I avoid the bad, I got the nuclear fusion. I did better.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:41 AM

12,339 posts, read 7,526,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
No it dosent sound logical, but according to most responses a woman is just giving "it" away. That sounds cold and as one sided as the guy is "getting" some. Yes sharing is giving and receiving. Im am giving and receiving, sharing a sexual experience. Not giving myself away.
Hi 2mares,

Just look at the sex industry. When the sex is quick, its the men that pay. Male prostitutes serving women are a joke in the movies. The economics don't lie.

Its not even a debate.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:56 AM

5,148 posts, read 1,467,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
How many people would give the key to their house to someone they met the first day?
How many people would give them the keys to their car?
How about social security numbers?
How about bank account numbers?

If you have sex in one day, what is your priority? They could have a nasty compulsion to lick the rim of a toilet for all I know. On the list of things I care about, I am on the top of the list. The action is what matters, not the pontification. The reason that people act differently on the list above is because it does not involve orgasms.

This does not even bring up the idea of using the build up for a bonding experience. Have you never sat down before a meal and enjoyed the smell before? It makes it better. People that survive together bond together. If all of us as strangers were stranded on an island it took years to get off, we would be life long friends. The greater the impact, the harder it is to throw away during the hard times.

A lot of people have said how wonderful their lives have turned out. Two can play at that game. Not only did I avoid the bad, I got the nuclear fusion. I did better.
I agree with you. Sex outside of a relationship is not something I wish to experience. However, I believe the problem most have with this thread, is that the guy is claiming he's having sex with these women...then looking down at them. I don't know how that even makes sense.

I mean they talk about STDs and pregnancy....both those things can happen to a guy just as easily. Obviously he can't become pregnant, but he is still responsible for a child he makes.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:39 AM

1,517 posts, read 1,185,509 times
This kind of thing works too ways. If you are having sex with a woman that you feel gave herself away too easily, you did the exact same thing. Do you not value yourself just because you happen to be male? Why shouldn't you take the time to get to know your partner too? You don't know what kind of person you are sleeping with, or who she has been with before. In today's world the double standard no longer applies. If you want to meet women that are not easy, stop being easy yourself.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:44 AM

1,561 posts, read 1,049,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
Women hate sex so yes you are giving it away and the guy is getting some, how can you as a woman be "getting" some when you hate sex?
I am not a woman (IANAW) but knowing a bit about people and history I can say your understanding is wrong. Many women love and want sex. It is the reason that many men are suspicious of them. Will they be faithful? The odds are not good and that is why throughout History men have came up with methods to try prevent women from straying. After all we (men) want to know we are the Fathers of any children produced. Why raise someone else's genetic heritage unless by conscious decision on our parts?

Old 07-15-2010, 09:52 AM

4,900 posts, read 2,522,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
Women hate sex so yes you are giving it away and the guy is getting some, how can you as a woman be "getting" some when you hate sex?
Maybe people think women "hate" sex or "give it" because of how common it is for women to say they have headaches, are tired, don't feel like it, use it to manipulate men, etc. But not sure if we can really say women dislike sex. They have sexual urges, lust, most of them masturbate just like guys (not many admit it), they fantasize, etc.

2mares,
Well said on the whole "giving it...receiving it".

Old 07-15-2010, 09:54 AM

2,795 posts, read 1,646,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Respect? I don't respect any woman who is Ok with giving it all away on the very first night, I have been with some pretty messed up girls and even many of them would not do it on the first night, I have to agree with the theory that women who have one night stands consistently have some major issues, I think any woman with an ounce of self respect would understand why sleeping with a guy on a first night may not be a good idea.
Out of curiosity, do you also not respect people who easily to resort to hypocrisy? In my opinion, sex is less immoral and less unethical than hypocrisy.

Why is respect a consideration when having social intercourse with a fellow human being concerning sex? Does our Ninth Amendment cease to exist, simply for being easy? Would that be justification to trample individual liberty and natural rights?

From a practical consideration, isn't the point of view you present more conducive to simply bearing false witness for relationships? What incentive would any otherwise true witness bearing person have to be honest about their sexuality, instead of simply engaging in false witness bearing which could become an abomination of hypocrisy? Morals should be used for goodness and not badness whenever possible.

Old 07-15-2010, 10:00 AM

10,635 posts, read 10,257,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi 2mares,

Just look at the sex industry. When the sex is quick, its the men that pay. Male prostitutes serving women are a joke in the movies. The economics don't lie.

Its not even a debate.
Forgive me as I was under the impression the discussion was of real life and normal relationships. I didnt realize we were discussing the sex industry and movies.

It is usually men that pay for sex (tho im not sure what prostitution has do do with the topic) true, but just as often they are paying for sex with other men. So what was the point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.