U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 11:31 AM

7,824 posts, read 4,706,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
A man who has sex at any opportunity, particularly with women he despises and calls disgusting names, is not worthy of a woman's trust. He has no respect for himself, and she will not respect him.
I definitely agree with this. This is the one thing I can fault Repub for. You shouldn't sleep with women you don't respect, or even particularly like. Sharing an intimate moment with someone and then talking sh*t about them makes you untrustworthy in my mind ... if nothing else, it just makes you a bad friend.

Old 07-16-2010, 02:28 PM

8,681 posts, read 7,303,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I definitely agree with this. This is the one thing I can fault Repub for. You shouldn't sleep with women you don't respect, or even particularly like. Sharing an intimate moment with someone and then talking sh*t about them makes you untrustworthy in my mind ... if nothing else, it just makes you a bad friend.
It's also illogical. Not that logic has anything to do with a double-standard, but if the reason he doesn't respect someone is because she went to bed with him "too early," and therefore he assumes (correctly or not) that she does that with her whole zip code, then is there no worry about catching an STD?

Not thinking with the big brain, he.

Old 07-16-2010, 04:48 PM

3,140 posts, read 3,112,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
It's also illogical. Not that logic has anything to do with a double-standard, but if the reason he doesn't respect someone is because she went to bed with him "too early," and therefore he assumes (correctly or not) that she does that with her whole zip code, then is there no worry about catching an STD?

Right, women who are willing to to sleep with you on the very first night usually are very respectful and classy, and like they often say "I don't usually do this" They make me feel so special!

Old 07-16-2010, 07:25 PM

1,589 posts, read 1,347,655 times
Repubocrat, why don't you hold yourself to a higher standard? If you did, you might find more respectful and classy people to date.

Sleeping with women whom you have nothing but contempt for is just... icky.

Old 07-16-2010, 09:16 PM

4,838 posts, read 4,964,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
Here's the old double standard. When men do it its okay when women do it too early you're basically saying she's a sh|t. I do agree that people have sex way too soon in the relationship. Why is it that you don't lose respect FOR YOURSELF when you have sex too soon with a woman. It should work BOTH ways.
Sorry to burst your balloon, deary, but nearly all men do respect themselves and would NEVER consider giving themselves away too easily.

Of course, things might be different if they had any say in the matter!

Old 07-17-2010, 07:25 AM

2,795 posts, read 1,721,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Right, women who are willing to to sleep with you on the very first night usually are very respectful and classy, and like they often say "I don't usually do this" They make me feel so special!
It usually depends on whether the guy has a five thousand dollar an hour petty cash fund for that purpose.

Old 07-17-2010, 07:33 AM

2,795 posts, read 1,721,593 times
Quote:

What if we consider a safe sex scenario for your rationale. Would the guy really have a problem if he could also practice multitasking with his whole zip code, as easily as women can?

How many guys who have enough money complain about women being too easy? The same could be said of rock stars who can get "money for nothing, and their chicks for free".

In my view, it is more a double standard in regard to the effort involved to get sex from women when compared to men. Women can bear true witness for sex, but seem to prefer to lie for a relationship. Men, by comparison and contrast, usually are required to bear false witness for sex, and tend to be honest for a relationship.

Consider that sex may involve a short-term relationship, while a serious relationship may involve a long-term, legally binding social contract for some people.

Old 07-17-2010, 07:43 AM

7,824 posts, read 4,706,629 times
lol @ "I have never done this before" or "I never do this; I just feel a special bond with you" -- Uh huh, sure.

Old 07-17-2010, 01:47 PM

8,681 posts, read 7,303,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Ok, so now I'm kinda wondering.....

If it's men with Neanderthal views like this, that are the ones who end up complaining that after they get married they get no sex.
It would [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/15075421-post28.html"]seem so[/URL].

It seems that such men therefore only want women who will make them wait for sex, then proceed to have sex with them forever thereafter, without any further commitment.

The irony is that women who make men wait for sex because it's "special" are often the very same women who will expect a proposal of marriage sooner or later.

Guess it sucks to be a Neanderthal!

Old 07-17-2010, 01:55 PM

8,258 posts, read 5,469,775 times
Quote:
This is going to be blisteringly heretical for this board, but here goes: Marriage ain't all that. It's not a mark of a woman's worth or some kind of badge of honor. I, personally, do not give a flying fart at a rolling donut if men or society consider me "marriage material" or not. That men's opinion of "women you marry and women you don't" is even still a factor in this day and age is testimony that given their druthers, certain men would prefer the patriarchy to remain intact.

Screw that.
Avienne, that is just the most hilarious quote this month. I nearly peed myself laughing so hard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships