Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2010, 03:04 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,360,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutEve View Post
In Gwyn's case, I think that's what most of us would be thinking

We are blessed with more class.

Old 07-15-2010, 03:30 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,643,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
and female sluts dont have a problem getting in a relationship either as long as her reputation is unknown.
Ding, ding -- we have a winner. A woman may have her cake and eat it too, as Avienne put it, but she better be planning on moving to a new town, with a new circle of friends when her wild days are over, because the only man she's going to be able to entice into marriage after having sex with the better part of a zip code will be a loser, sucker or both.

Old 07-15-2010, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Gwynn, I am saddened that you haven't tried to re answer my question.

In the 21st century...where both partners make a conscious choice to have sex with each other on a first date...why should a man look down on a woman cuz of that?

That is kind of horrible...what is the thought process? "Wow, that chick just shagged a loser."

It's ok if it is just simple hyprocrisy.
Hi JSizzle225,

I have answered it in spades. We are, in part, just like animals. We sure act like it. If you think we are just learning machines, and don't have any instinct, prove it. Do you think men learn to be attracted to women? I mean, really?

Speaking of acting like animals, all I do is present arguments and facts, but all I get are animal insults. I am insulted with barks, snarls and hate because I believe something fits with the facts. Is this the higher level of being?

Is simple biological hypocrisy good enough for you? The price for not having the pain of childbirth is parental uncertainty. Have a look at men who find out their child is actually not their child. They are practically suicidal. Its genetic death. The genetic response is to ruthlessly punish males for being duped into raising another man's child. Its akin to rape.

I already asked you to explain why people smoke when its bad for them and then to reconcile this with humans beings being perfectly rational. Why are you asking me again?

Old 07-15-2010, 03:39 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,405,820 times
Hey Gwynn...I'm going to give you the win on this one.

I really can't argue against you, I guess. Makes me kind of sad cuz I hoped people were more evolved and rational than this...but you win.

All I can do is feel blessed that I'm not that way, and that I'm "Vanilla," and quite frankly that I'm JSizz, and I'm awesome.

Old 07-15-2010, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Ding, ding -- we have a winner. A woman may have her cake and eat it too, as Avienne put it, but she better be planning on moving to a new town, with a new circle of friends when her wild days are over, because the only man she's going to be able to entice into marriage after having sex with the better part of a zip code will be a loser, sucker or both.
Hi WestCobb,

Close, a woman would be having the man's cake since he is the target of deception. Its an odometer roll back. She has her cake and eats his too.

Old 07-15-2010, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Hey Gwynn...I'm going to give you the win on this one.

I really can't argue against you, I guess. Makes me kind of sad cuz I hoped people were more evolved and rational than this...but you win.

All I can do is feel blessed that I'm not that way, and that I'm "Vanilla," and quite frankly that I'm JSizz, and I'm awesome.
Hi JSizzle225,

I never said I was happy about it. Though, if anything, it probably helped me not hate women. I fully expect a good deal of hatred from women by taking this position. Though I grew up being quite used to hatred, and it does have a comfortable familiarity. Sometimes you are just made to be on that side of the tracks. I am all thumbs when receiving awards in admiration, especially in lieu of the truth.

Old 07-15-2010, 04:23 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,319,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi smel,

If you are going to be in a successful relationship, I suggest you consider doing things from someone else. Is the right guy going to do nothing for you? That will grant you a match.

I have eaten free pizza before, but its never as good as what you pay for. I do lots of things for other people. I get a lot back too.

I would do things for someone I was in a relationship with. However, I will not have sex just to make someone else happy. I will have it when I decide the time is right. There are other ways to show you care about someone.

Old 07-15-2010, 04:28 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,212,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
A woman who is willing to give it all away to me has very low self respect
For me this all just goes right back to the horrible double standard - men can go out and sleep with whoever they want, enjoy and explore their sexuality, while if a woman does it, she is a low down dirty 5lut and thought to have self esteem issues. For guys it's just "normal". It's very unfair. I have single female friends who go out and have flings. They are stable women with good jobs who just happen to like exploring their sexuality and like different men. I am sick of seeing them be judged by people like you.

Last edited by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa*; 07-15-2010 at 04:41 PM..

Old 07-15-2010, 04:42 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,682,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smel View Post
I would do things for someone I was in a relationship with. However, I will not have sex just to make someone else happy. I will have it when I decide the time is right. There are other ways to show you care about someone.
smel, maybe I misunderstood his point, but I thought he meant that waiting for the right person at the right time could be something that you are doing not only for yourself, but also for your future Mr. Right.

At least that's how I took his meaning. I'm sure he'll correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, good for you for knowing yourself so well. There's an awful lot of pressure for women to be casual in their attitudes about sex. It's refreshing to see a young woman willing to wait for what she truly wants and deserves from a man.

All the best to you!

Old 07-15-2010, 04:44 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,319,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post
smel, maybe I misunderstood his point, but I thought he meant that waiting for the right person at the right time could be something that you are doing not only for yourself, but also for your future Mr. Right.

At least that's how I took his meaning. I'm sure he'll correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, good for you for knowing yourself so well. There's an awful lot of pressure for women to be casual in their attitudes about sex. It's refreshing to see a young woman willing to wait for what she truly wants and deserves from a man.

All the best to you!

Thank you. I learned to value myself from my late mother, and she was a true lady.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships