Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 07:58 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,671,921 times

Advertisements

I know quite a few nice guys and girls with old-fashioned values. Perhaps it's because I'm in the Midwest. People often say we're about twenty years behind here. I think there are people out there that would fit your criteria, but it may take some time to find them. Best wishes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 08:20 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
Conservative Christian Colleges. The girls who don't come out engaged will be anxious.

Old 07-09-2010, 04:32 PM

2,632 posts, read 4,049,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I can't relate, but I do understand. Perhaps there are other people who feel the way you do. Good luck!
I can. I have the same beliefs as you do, Knight2009, but I'm not from the Mid-Atlantic. I'd agree with those that say there are others out there who share your beliefs too, and that they'd be harder to find because they're few and far in between.

Don't give up: you'll find her... or she'll find you.

Old 07-10-2010, 01:25 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,759,827 times
Many thx for the kind & encouraging words LexWest...also it's great to know there are still quality gals like you out there (I guess I just have to find one of them is all, lol!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post
I can. I have the same beliefs as you do, Knight2009, but I'm not from the Mid-Atlantic. I'd agree with those that say there are others out there who share your beliefs too, and that they'd be harder to find because they're few and far in between.

Don't give up: you'll find her... or she'll find you.

Old 07-10-2010, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
I know quite a few nice guys and girls with old-fashioned values. Perhaps it's because I'm in the Midwest. People often say we're about twenty years behind here. I think there are people out there that would fit your criteria, but it may take some time to find them. Best wishes.
Thank you for the warm wishes Sunnydee!

Old 10-27-2010, 08:22 PM

19 posts, read 50,206 times
Knight2009 just wondering, how long have you been in the NOVA area? Are you well established in the area that you might have a group of friends that are willing to help you out?

And if you dont mind me asking how old you are cause it seems like you are still young. whats the rush?

Old 10-29-2010, 09:29 PM

86 posts, read 359,440 times
i applaud your honest opinions...I believe that having old fashioned values and self-respect is not outdated...Always do what feels right for you, even other people see you as "different". Yes there still are ladies that like the old fashioned courtship, but it is less common to see guys who would be interested in someone with old fashioned values too....society is pushing our youth, including us , the young people, to be like everyone else, that values and self respect is a thing of the past...I am no one to judge what's right from wrong, but i only believe that doing what you feel is right for you is enough....don't lose hope, you will find a great young lady for you, trust in God....ask and you'll receive, knock the door and it will be opened....

Old 11-23-2010, 01:21 PM

Sorry for the delay in responding to everone...lol, sorta been away from C-D for a while!

In response to 1tmarund's questions: have been here in NOVA since 1997, but unfortunately, not really any close circle of friends (or even acquaintances, realy). Kinda long story as to why...the short answer is, college was not exactly the most pleasant or fulfilling social experience b/c of some major personal/family dependency/academic issues going on at the time, and have been working very long and grueling hours at work going up to 80 hrs per week, ever since about 2004 when we lost half of our staff. As a result, there hasn't really been a lot of time time for socializing, for years now -- even if I had friends available to go out with

I'm in my early 30s...have always dreamed, as long as I can remember, of finding that one, special, beloved girl...getting married...starting, my own loving family...alas, one must actually *find* their soulmate though, before they can do all of that...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1tmarund View Post
Knight2009 just wondering, how long have you been in the NOVA area? Are you well established in the area that you might have a group of friends that are willing to help you out?

And if you dont mind me asking how old you are cause it seems like you are still young. whats the rush?

Old 11-23-2010, 01:27 PM

Thanks ladyturquoise! I deeply appreciate all of your kind words, and your positive encouragement Thx again

Never fear, I'm not giving up by any means...may have hopefully found, a very nice, special girl recently...anyway we'll see how things turn out, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyturquoise View Post
i applaud your honest opinions...I believe that having old fashioned values and self-respect is not outdated...Always do what feels right for you, even other people see you as "different". Yes there still are ladies that like the old fashioned courtship, but it is less common to see guys who would be interested in someone with old fashioned values too....society is pushing our youth, including us , the young people, to be like everyone else, that values and self respect is a thing of the past...I am no one to judge what's right from wrong, but i only believe that doing what you feel is right for you is enough....don't lose hope, you will find a great young lady for you, trust in God....ask and you'll receive, knock the door and it will be opened....

Old 11-23-2010, 06:43 PM

3,734 posts, read 4,546,199 times
I admire your values. All the best to you with this new woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships