Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 08:04 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,965,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
You need to revisit your expenses because your future earnings are going to remain grim without going to college.

News flash: there are many people raising children on $15/hour and you think you'll just 'get by' as a single person. LMAO. Too funny!

Personal income in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As a matter of fact 54% of Americans over the age of 25 make less than $15/hour and 47% of Americans make under $12/hour.

These statistics are based on Americans over the age of 25. Americans under the age of 25 make MUCH LESS MONEY.

Most young adults move out of the house making only slightly above minimum wage.

Get a reality check. You're not moving out anytime soon until you realize that you CAN'T HAVE IT ALL when you're first starting out.

My must are rent, cay payment (if I have one), gas, car insurance and health insurance, bills and food.

I can't cover that making min wage.

I HAVE TO HAVE HEALTH INSURANCE TO APPLY TO POLICE ACADEMY BECAUSE WITHOUT IT I DONT HAVE A CAREER.

I have just enough left over for police academy. I cannot do anymore college till I get more money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2010, 09:43 AM

1,429 posts, read 4,278,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
My must are rent, cay payment (if I have one), gas, car insurance and health insurance, bills and food.

I can't cover that making min wage.

I HAVE TO HAVE HEALTH INSURANCE TO APPLY TO POLICE ACADEMY BECAUSE WITHOUT IT I DONT HAVE A CAREER.

I have just enough left over for police academy. I cannot do anymore college till I get more money.
I have pretty much ignored most of your posts because, well, you complain about everything. I have just one question to ask. In the months (could be longer, I really do ignore you) you've been on this board, what have you done to improve your situation?

Ohhh booo hooo, you cannot find a job that offers more than 12 hours a week... funny how an employee can make a position for him/herself by becoming indispensable to their employer by doing just a little extra, that is the employee who will be offered more hours and pay.

Your momma expects you to put things in the place she chooses in her home. Well, even if her logic is off kilter, it is her home, she pays the mortgage/rent and she can be spaztastic in her organization if she wants to.

I do not know where you live, but I have the impression you live in a metro area. There are jobs. It may not be the flash and glamour of being a police officer, but you can make solid money in a menial job while you work toward your career path.

With public transportation a vehicle is not a requirement, so that can wait.

Sweetie, this is your life. If you want to spend it throwing you hands up in the air and saying "look at how miserable my life is and how nobody respects me" fine, this will be your life forever. If you get up, put your big girl panties on, and make your own way in this world, you will get the life you work for, along with the respect and joy that accomplishment and self respect can give you.

Just my opinion. Take it, leave it, or complain about it, I do not care.

Last edited by rockinmomma; 07-10-2010 at 10:08 AM.. Reason: changed where I think she lives

Old 07-10-2010, 11:04 AM

4,471 posts, read 9,827,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
News flash: there are many people raising children on $15/hour and you think you'll just 'get by' as a single person. LMAO. Too funny!
$15 an hour is like $31,000 a year right? I had a friend who lived on her own with a salary of $29,000. She lived in an OK apartment in an OK neighborhood (not dangerous but not a "hot" spot) and lived a fairly nice life. I mean it wasn't the lap of luxury but it was good. She did more than "get by"

Old 07-10-2010, 11:07 AM

110 posts, read 123,949 times
It's Cop2be =)

Old 07-10-2010, 11:10 AM

2,203 posts, read 5,079,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Her house... her rules.

You know, you CAN move instead of complaining every week....
My sentiments exactly. It's getting old.

Old 07-10-2010, 11:11 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,102,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I'm on percocet for my back, I am burning up, I feel like I am going to puke, I am dizzy and its making me pissed off so I am going to rant for a second but I have a legit problem. My dog ripped my fitted sheet earlier today and I got home not too long ago, maybe 1:30am everyone was still up so I went to find other sheets to change them.

I have chocolate brown sheets (the ones my dog ripped) and some white sheets, both are super nice and really soft.
They are the only sheets in my house that fit my bed, everyone elses bed is bigger or smaller
I went to look for my white sheets and they are no where to be found.

My mom insist I leave them in the shared area of the closet where the rest of the sheets are, so there they went and now I can't find them. She MOVES everything, forgets she did it and then can't find where she put things.
Same thing with my shoes. She INSIST I take them off in the house and leave them in the "shoe area". Then she moves them and forgets that she did it and will swear up and down she didn't move them.

I put my duty belt in my room, my cuffs were in my cuff case and the other day they were gone and they were in my mom's room...

My brother is NOT ALLOWED to touch my bike EVER. He since about 6 or 7 has BROKEN every single one of my bikes. He keeps getting my bike down now and riding it and now my padded seat thingy is gone.

Is it too unreasonable to tell everyone to just not touch my stuff?
She moves my stuff and then gets pissed when I get pissed at her for moving it.

I am so sick and tired of my stuff being gone. I am in the process of saving up money to move out and its going as fast as it can possibly go but until then I want to be able to move out with my things and not have to search for them all before I go.

I want her and my brother to not touch my stuff. HANDS OFF!!!!
And if they feel it absolutely necessary to touch my things, move them and place them somewhere else then they need to tell me as soon as they can and where they put it. If I find another thing missing because one of them I am going to start purposely hiding their things.

Its pissing me off people touching my stuff, moving it and losing it and not taking responsibility for doing so....it makes me so angry. DON'T TOUCH MY SH|T!!!!!

Is that too much to ask?
How old are you? If you are over 18, move out and get your own place. If you are under 18, buy a padlock and put it on your bedroom door. Lock everything in your room.

Pour out a few of her drinks and see how she likes it.

20yrsinBranson

Old 07-10-2010, 11:13 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,185,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinmomma View Post
I have pretty much ignored most of your posts because, well, you complain about everything. I have just one question to ask. In the months (could be longer, I really do ignore you) you've been on this board, what have you done to improve your situation?

Sweetie, this is your life. If you want to spend it throwing you hands up in the air and saying "look at how miserable my life is and how nobody respects me" fine, this will be your life forever. If you get up, put your big girl panties on, and make your own way in this world, you will get the life you work for, along with the respect and joy that accomplishment and self respect can give you.

Just my opinion. Take it, leave it, or complain about it, I do not care.
Very good advice, especially from the earlier poster who gave you some solutions like the storage bins. If you are going to be a police officer, you have to be able to recognize the problem, come up with a solution and then follow through with your plan.

If you decide that the best solution is to keep everything in your room, then you may not have to involve everybody in your plan. If you decide that the best solution is to keep things in and around the house, you will have to involve people. If they don't follow through, it has nothing to do with you not getting respect you think you deserve, it is they who cannot respect you. It shouldn't change your attitude in general about adults and having to live with adults.

So instead of trying to change your mom and brother, which is NOT going to happen, what can you do to improve things for yourself. That is really all you have control over.

Old 07-10-2010, 12:00 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,804,362 times
I like the locked storage solution.

When coming into the house, take your shoes off and the door, and carry them to your room.

For your sheets, if you don't lock them up, just store the clean sets in between your mattress and boxspring. That's what I do because my storage space is very limited. Mom and brother won't see them. Don't tell them.

Old 07-10-2010, 12:06 PM

43,011 posts, read 107,936,145 times
The OP isn't interested in logical solutions about shoes and sheets.

Her also ranting about her mother pouring her drink down the kitchen drain when she wasn't done drinking it indicates she just wants to complain.

Old 07-10-2010, 12:17 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,874,896 times
Start hiding other people's stuff, so they know what you're going through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships