U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 08:52 AM

1,301 posts, read 2,131,627 times

Advertisements

nope and....nope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2010, 09:26 AM

81 posts, read 192,023 times
Nope I dont.

Sometimes I feel sorry for ladies out there chasing my male friends who I know are not interested in anything serious, I would love to get them aside and tell them how it is but its a train wreck I watch from a distance.

Old 07-13-2010, 09:38 AM

4,941 posts, read 6,699,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
I don't envy or pity them. To be honest I don't give it much thought at all.
^^^ My thoughts exactly.

Old 07-13-2010, 09:44 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,217,543 times
I have it pretty good. I'm in a relationship but we live about 3 hours away from each other, so I only see him every couple of weeks. I like it that way; I have my space which is a big thing for me, see my friends whenever I want, etc. and I also reap the benefits of having a b/f when we are together b/c he's a really great guy. So, for now, I've got the best of both worlds!

Old 07-13-2010, 09:54 AM

408 posts, read 623,507 times
I've been in a relationship for 5 years! Sometimes, I do feel jealous that they can go out whenever they please (not that I can't but my boyfriend doesn't drink so he just sits at home by his lonesome) but also, I feel that they are lonely because my single friends can NEVER just sit home, they always have to be out doing something. I like staying in watching movies, snuggling, or playing video games. I can't imagine not being able to just sit home and RELAX.

Old 07-13-2010, 09:57 AM

2,788 posts, read 3,963,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
I have seen a lot of men remarking on this forum about how eternal bachelors are living the life of luxury and they envy them.

Just wondering if any married/ltr women feel the same way about eternally single women?

Do you envy them?

Do you pity them?

No I love women...and no I dont mean that way...Im straight
But women are great, We all need to support one another and embrace one another

Old 07-13-2010, 10:01 AM

5,258 posts, read 7,410,344 times
Being single is great, but there are times when I envy my friends who are in great relationships and share that companionship and love

Old 07-13-2010, 10:16 AM

379 posts, read 295,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I am not a woman obviously but I guess, I could add to this discussion. I have a few friends who are married with children and they really jealous of my lifestyle.

I am 33, single, have no children, I travel almost every other weekend, one of my co workers was saying that I am "living the dream". On weekends, I wake up Saturday morning and I can jump in my truck and drive anywhere, or jump on a plane and go anywhere, whereas my married friends are always doing something around the house or some activity that includes children, all the time

One of my co-workers is married, has 3 children and his wife cheated on him recently, he is basically living a lie everyday, he is stuck with all his children, a cheating wife and he is always broke, I can totally understand why he wishes he was single, being married sucks!
Being married to the wrong woman sucks.

Were in the same boat. I'm 34, single, no kids, and I travel as you do. On weekends, I jump in my truck with my fishing rod and head into the woods to fish. Or go to the beach. You can do that just the same if you find a cool woman who is down with that lifestyle.

Old 07-13-2010, 10:22 AM

7,714 posts, read 13,194,420 times
Quote:

Do you envy them?

I'm married and feel I live a life of luxury. No envy on my part. In fact, I would say it's my single female family members and friends who envy me (based on remarks made in the past), not so much for being married, but for the man I married. I'm spoiled. All joking aside, I'm truly blessed to have met and married my husband. He's one of a kind. And I love my children and wouldn't change that for the world! We have a blast with them. We're also fortunate in that we have family that can help us out so we can do things just as a couple (travel, go out, etc..)

Quote:
Do you pity them?
Sometimes. I do feel bad for some of my single (and unhappily attached) female friends and family members because they would prefer my type of life (very happily married with children) if given the choice.

Old 07-13-2010, 10:22 AM

8,680 posts, read 12,069,719 times
Quote:
I have seen a lot of men remarking on this forum about how eternal bachelors are living the life of luxury and they envy them.

Just wondering if any married/ltr women feel the same way about eternally single women?

Do you envy them?

Do you pity them?

Well, for one thing, I don't think the men on this forum accurately represent men everywhere. There's a disproportionate number of grumps on here. Don't get me wrong: There are some awesome men on here. But try to remember that someone who is genuinely happy living the bachelor's life wouldn't be on here complaining about or putting down women or belittling the concept of relationships. They would just be contributing helpful advice without all the negativity. For instance, they would be helping recently single guys see the good things about being single, without nattering on about how evil women are. The negativity is most likely sour grapes and a "pre-emptive" rejection designed to get women to try to convince them of how wonderful we are--in short, attention-seeking drama.

I neither pity nor envy eternally single women. As long as a person is happy and at peace with her own decisions and lifestyle, that's all that matters. I love being in my relationship. That's only because it's a good one, with a good man. When I was married, I wasn't happy. That had to do with the marriage and the man, but also that I don't think I'm necessarily cut out to live with another human being day in and day out. As my guy and I joke, it would have to be one big-arse house. Likewise, were we to break up, I wouldn't go out seeking another relationship. If it happened, great. If it didn't happen, great.

But that's just me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships