U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 09:30 AM

751 posts, read 1,323,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
I have seen a lot of men remarking on this forum about how eternal bachelors are living the life of luxury and they envy them.

Just wondering if any married/ltr women feel the same way about eternally single women?

Do you envy them?

Do you pity them?

As a married woman sometimes I envied the single women.Since I've been widowed in the last 3 yrs how I wished I could've gone through that marriage all over again.So no I don't envy the single women but I do the married women tho.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2010, 09:30 AM

8,680 posts, read 11,952,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Union Federal View Post
Being married to the wrong woman sucks.

Were in the same boat. I'm 34, single, no kids, and I travel as you do. On weekends, I jump in my truck with my fishing rod and head into the woods to fish. Or go to the beach. You can do that just the same if you find a cool woman who is down with that lifestyle.
This would be an example of a man who is NOT one of the grumps. See? No compulsion to denigrate women, relationships, or marriage.

Nice to meet you, Union. Stick around--PLEASE!

Old 07-13-2010, 09:59 AM

2,058 posts, read 2,630,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
I think atached ladies do envy single women and wish they where single again.
But a bunch of attached women just said they weren't jealous..

Old 07-13-2010, 10:06 AM

4,940 posts, read 6,642,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
Most women would rather be single than with a man
In your case, yes, I would rather be single than have a man. I might even consider a really bad case of herpes, shingles, crabs, chickenpox, blindness, gangrene........ in lieu of a relationship with someone like you.

Old 07-13-2010, 10:08 AM

2,058 posts, read 2,630,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
I don't think the men on this forum accurately represent men everywhere. There's a disproportionate number of grumps on here. Don't get me wrong: There are some awesome men on here. But try to remember that someone who is genuinely happy living the bachelor's life wouldn't be on here complaining about or putting down women or belittling the concept of relationships. They would just be contributing helpful advice without all the negativity.
It's funny, the first two guys I thought of here who are level-headed and smart, who aren't misogynists or overwhelmed by bitterness (not that there aren't others, these two just happened to pop into my head first) were coolhand and Lucario. And they're both divorced or divorcing, aren't they? Just goes to show that what you post has more to do with your character than whether a woman has negatively impacted your life or not.

Old 07-13-2010, 10:10 AM

2,133 posts, read 4,908,827 times
Quote:
I have seen a lot of men remarking on this forum about how eternal bachelors are living the life of luxury and they envy them.

Just wondering if any married/ltr women feel the same way about eternally single women?

Do you envy them?

Do you pity them?

I wouldn't trade my DH for anything so no, I definitely don't envy single women.

Assuming that most single women are that way by choice, I don't pity them. I suppose if I knew of someone who desperately wanted marriage and was not able to find her perfect match, I might feel bad for her. It would suck to be alone if you really didn't want to be.

Old 07-13-2010, 10:15 AM

13,035 posts, read 20,413,991 times
No I don't envy them at all. There is nothing wrong with being single ( as long as it's voluntary) but I prefer to be in a relationship, warts and all. I love having my best friend by my side and look forward to growing old with him.

I am a bit of loner so if it wasn't for Hubby I might have become a hermit, would now be wearing a too large cardigan and surrounded myself with musty books and dogs and cats and gone into life hibernation... I exaggerate a little bit maybe...

I am actually a very restless spirit and his influence has moderated me to a certain extent, I am never really happy wherever I am at the time, but he helps make my life a little more bearable.

Being single was never that much fun to me, having a really special connection with someone is something very precious to me. I also think that the more you build a history with someone, the more memories you share the closer you become. And that intimacy is worth a lot to me.

I am glad some people enjoy the state of single-hood but it's not for me.

Old 07-13-2010, 10:21 AM

11,570 posts, read 12,723,440 times
When I was single, I liked being single. However, since I've become involved, I'm happier because he doesn't take away anything from my situation - he only adds to it.

Whether single or taken, I feel bad for some women who are so desperate to be attached, and don't feel whole without someone else.

Old 07-13-2010, 10:26 AM

5,148 posts, read 3,796,281 times
Quote:

Do you envy them?

Do you pity them?
You need to quit taking the Jimmy Dean Boys seriously. I pity them.

Old 07-13-2010, 10:31 AM

2,736 posts, read 5,469,954 times
Definitely do not envy them! I did however get married at 19 (43 now and still married to the same guy) and there were times in my younger years where I was maybe a little envious, but didn't want to be single either....I love my husband/kids more than anything!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships