U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 07:07 AM

1,777 posts, read 1,912,210 times

Advertisements

I'm not jealous of them, but I do tend to see the good things about being single. I'm a very independent individual and my SO is on long-distance business trips regularly, so my life is virtually that of a single person sometimes, at least regarding being home alone, getting to see friends a lot and having full ownership of the remote lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2010, 07:37 AM

1,635 posts, read 1,630,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashcody View Post
I've been in a relationship for 5 years! Sometimes, I do feel jealous that they can go out whenever they please (not that I can't but my boyfriend doesn't drink so he just sits at home by his lonesome) but also, I feel that they are lonely because my single friends can NEVER just sit home, they always have to be out doing something. I like staying in watching movies, snuggling, or playing video games. I can't imagine not being able to just sit home and RELAX.
my feelings exactly

Old 10-14-2010, 05:42 PM

1,994 posts, read 1,799,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashcody View Post
I feel that they are lonely because my single friends can NEVER just sit home, they always have to be out doing something. I like staying in watching movies, snuggling, or playing video games. I can't imagine not being able to just sit home and RELAX.
Is there a reason single women can’t do these things on their own?

Minus the snuggling of course.

Old 10-15-2010, 12:23 AM

9,444 posts, read 10,138,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
I have seen a lot of men remarking on this forum about how eternal bachelors are living the life of luxury and they envy them.

Just wondering if any married/ltr women feel the same way about eternally single women?

Do you envy them?

Do you pity them?
I don't pity those who are single by choice and I truly believe there are some.

But hell no, I don't envy them either. Just by looking at this forum, no offense, slim pickings. Even the most beautiful women here are having problems dating.
I'm not going to lie, over the course of our marriage, there were men that I've met that caused me to go "damn, I wish I was single, I'm missing out"...
But at the end of the day, I have the most incredible husband that I love and he loves me and with all his flaws, he never let me down, he had seen me at my worst, on the floor, crying...saying unpleasant things and yet he stuck by me. I am truly blessed.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:28 AM

924 posts, read 892,041 times
No, I don't envy the single women. .Max's mama, why were you lying on the floor and crying? Unpleasant things ? You poor dear.

Oops, 'tis an old thread.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:21 AM

3,266 posts, read 2,267,953 times
As a single woman, I would say maybe 65% to 70% of women who are married today, settled because they were afraid of 1) getting older and 2) of winding up alone. Stuck with a mate they tolerate when they feel they could have done better.

That doesn't sound like anything to be jealous of.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:10 AM

19,081 posts, read 12,589,270 times
Default old thread, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
As a single woman, I would say maybe 65% to 70% of women who are married today, settled because they were afraid of 1) getting older and 2) of winding up alone. Stuck with a mate they tolerate when they feel they could have done better.

Given that the question is directed at attached women, the nature of your answer suggests otherwise.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:13 AM

3,266 posts, read 2,267,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Given that the question is directed at attached women, the nature of your answer suggests otherwise.
So I'm supposed to go, "Oh boohoohoo...they have someone and I don't?" Sorry, I see too much and I know too much, and it suggests that I do otherwise. There are "prizes" and then there are "booby prizes" and some are kind of confused on what they actually have with them, get my drift?

Old 05-18-2012, 11:19 AM

4,193 posts, read 2,243,888 times
Don’t listen to slander from people in relationships. They will try to make you feel like less of a person because you’re “alone”, but secretly they’re envious because you’re FREE. You can have sex with whoever who you want, go where you want, and not have to call a damn soul when you’re running late

Old 05-18-2012, 11:20 AM

4,193 posts, read 2,243,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post

This is true tho, most women settle with a guy because he's a good provider and father figure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships