U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 11:25 AM

3,592 posts, read 4,171,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
This is true tho, most women settle with a guy because he's a good provider and father figure.
But, if they're really not in love with them, is that fair to a guy? If he is a good provider and father, he deserves to have someone who has fallen for him, not just settling for him. I assure you, after the wedding, a year into the marriage, he will be able to clearly tell if his wife feels she settled for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2012, 11:30 AM

5,368 posts, read 5,214,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
But, if they're really not in love with them, is that fair to a guy? If he is a good provider and father, he deserves to have someone who has fallen for him, not just settling for him. I assure you, after the wedding, a year into the marriage, he will be able to clearly tell if his wife feels she settled for him.

A couple things,

A. Most things in life aren't fair, it's just the way it is
B. a lot of women end up settling because the guy they REALLY wanted was never going to settle down long term with Them. They spend most of their primes chasing him, and eventually have to give up
C. So they settle with the safe boring guy as a husband, around 29-30 years old
D. I honestly think some of these guys do know she settled, but more then likely he hasn't been that successfull with women his whole life, so he can't really be picky.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:32 AM

4,230 posts, read 5,424,328 times
I feel bad for most married couples.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
A couple things,

A. Most things in life aren't fair, it's just the way it is
B. a lot of women end up settling because the guy they REALLY wanted was never going to settle down long term with Them. They spend most of their primes chasing him, and eventually have to give up
C. So they settle with the safe boring guy as a husband, around 29-30 years old
D. I honestly think some of these guys do know she settled, but more then likely he hasn't been that successfull with women his whole life, so he can't really be picky.

There is a lot to what you are saying. Good points.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:42 AM

19,081 posts, read 19,879,790 times
Quote:
So I'm supposed to go, "Oh boohoohoo...they have someone and I don't?" Sorry, I see too much and I know too much, and it suggests that I do otherwise. There are "prizes" and then there are "booby prizes" and some are kind of confused on what they actually have with them, get my drift?
You're not supposed to do anything. The question is not asked of single people. It's asked of attached people. And any married woman with a brain is not going to envy or have pity on people she does not know. When folk disparage groups it has more to do with the individual than the group.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:21 PM

8,738 posts, read 8,884,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
I have seen a lot of men remarking on this forum about how eternal bachelors are living the life of luxury and they envy them.

Just wondering if any married/ltr women feel the same way about eternally single women?

Do you envy them?

Do you pity them?

i think they look down their noses at us as if they are somehow better since a man (or a woman) wanted them for a partner. so what.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:42 PM

21,199 posts, read 18,482,849 times
I don't envy single women. I don't pity them either. I'm happy with my life and hope that other's find happiness as well - whether it is with someone or by themselves.

Old 05-18-2012, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
i think they look down their noses at us as if they are somehow better since a man (or a woman) wanted them for a partner. so what.
A partner would be nice, but: life is good. I work, , sleep as much as I want, wear what I want. eat when and what I want, travel when I want, come and go as I please. A man would have to be pretty secure to be comfortable with as much freedom as I have, if we were together. The best kept secret in the world is that single women have a lot of advantages.

Old 05-18-2012, 01:22 PM

4,230 posts, read 5,424,328 times
Quote:
A partner would be nice, but: life is good. I work, , sleep as much as I want, wear what I want. eat when and what I want, travel when I want, come and go as I please. A man would have to be pretty secure to be comfortable with as much freedom as I have, if we were together. The best kept secret in the world is that single women have a lot of advantages.
Interesting, since in the other thread you spoke of how you gave your ex an ultimatum about proposing to you. Doesn't seem like the actions of someone who's comfortable in single-land.

Old 05-18-2012, 01:32 PM

64,717 posts, read 54,370,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris000 View Post
No, I don't envy single ladies at all. Although I did enjoy some aspects of being single, I prefer my life now. I kissed a lot of toads before I met my hubby, and I would not want to do it all again. Hopefully I never have to, God willing.
Rules to live by: do not feed the trolls, and do not kiss the toads. There's no reason to kiss someone unless you know them well enough that you're motivated to kiss them, and you feel they meet your criteria of someone who's kiss-worthy.

The assumption here seems to be that single women spend all their time dating. This is not the case for the single women I know. Single women are usually busy with career, friends, occasional travel, hobbies. In order for dating to happen (in the absence of online dating), there needs to be mutual interest. You need to be around guys a lot, there needs to be at least one of them who takes an interest in you, and you need to reciprocate that interest. That doesn't happen very often, that reciprocity of interest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships