U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 12:41 PM

4,699 posts, read 4,256,345 times

Advertisements

I'm not jealous.When you are in a relationship as long as mine there are natural ups and downs, but most of the time I'm very happy in my relationship. It's healthy, fun and we like as well as love each other. I wouldn't want to be single because it would mean being without him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2012, 01:03 PM

3,592 posts, read 4,125,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Interesting, since in the other thread you spoke of how you gave your ex an ultimatum about proposing to you. Doesn't seem like the actions of someone who's comfortable in single-land.
Wait findly: In my post, I said I did not give him an ultimatum. Don't be so quick to attack a differing viewpoint. And I will admit it was a mistake to give him two more years. Even though he did what he did, he was not able to escape unscathed. The word is out on him that he is a lightweight and has no follow-through. The only reason he tried to come back to me because he realized he had painted himself into a corner with his little run-rabbit-run game playing. You' think I'd be stupid enough to fall for that, twice??

I've had many moments of happiness in the months following the breakup, especially not to be tied down to a nothing. He deserved what he got.

Old 05-18-2012, 01:20 PM

791 posts, read 1,129,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mizz Pittsburgh View Post
OK?! They're not even on my radar!
STEELER FANS.....

Old 05-18-2012, 03:46 PM

3,592 posts, read 4,125,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
I feel bad for most married couples.
I don't know why. Forget about them. Take them off your radar. They way they lord it over singles, as if they have never sat home on a saturday night themselves in their whole life. Who's kidding whom? So tiresome.

Old 05-18-2012, 04:09 PM

19,081 posts, read 19,702,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
I don't know why. Forget about them. Take them off your radar. They way they lord it over singles, as if they have never sat home on a saturday night themselves in their whole life. Who's kidding whom? So tiresome.
They who? I'd like to read these posts and see what they're saying to you.

Old 05-18-2012, 04:25 PM

21,199 posts, read 18,269,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
They who? I'd like to read these posts and see what they're saying to you.
Me, too!

I stay home on Saturday nights by myself all the time! My husband works on Saturday nights!

I love being married because I love my husband. I think when you are genuinely happy with something - you are not jealous of someone else's situation. Do I feel superior? No. I feel lucky. Not lucky because my life doesn't suck like those of single peoples (since I don't feel this way) but lucky that I found what makes me happy. For some people that is marriage - for others, it is not.

Old 05-18-2012, 04:52 PM

262 posts, read 488,847 times
Being married or in a relationship or being lonely and depressed. It's your choice.

Old 05-18-2012, 04:55 PM

19,081 posts, read 19,702,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beilua Rose View Post
Being married or in a relationship or being lonely and depressed. It's your choice.
Those aren't the only choices available. Maybe for you, but not all.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:00 PM

8,738 posts, read 8,793,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beilua Rose View Post

yea because people that are married or in relationships are never lonely and depressed, not at all.

(hint: read the threads).

Old 04-04-2013, 06:32 PM

40,619 posts, read 44,659,527 times
What is there to envy?

I have never envied single people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships