U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 11:44 AM

21,872 posts, read 21,711,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
friend if you think there existed a state like that, friendly to men- in a divorce, do you think california would be inhabited by men?
dont marry, in TX dont live with her-- common law marriage law.
long term lease (non live in girlfriend) is better and cheaper than outright purchase. why? bek on the lease you know the price in the beginning, in america- they dont tell you the price of the marriage til the end. would you eat in a restaurant that had a pricing policy like that???
I hear some of the wealthy do. Perhaps thats why the end up taking it up the bum.

I applaud anyone who actually does some research on divorce law before concidering marriage, but then as has been suggested, some people do not need to even consider marriage.

Old 07-15-2010, 12:25 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,328,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
You, as a guy, don't have any choices when it comes to pregnancy.
Yes, you do. You can choose not to risk impregnating women.

Old 07-15-2010, 12:27 PM

42,837 posts, read 79,046,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post
Aaaww, how can you be so cruel to the poor manlets?!

Old 07-15-2010, 12:38 PM

31,988 posts, read 36,613,387 times
Quote:
You might need to go into a more detailed explanation. Some of these guys don't completely understand how it all works.

Old 07-15-2010, 01:21 PM

6,307 posts, read 6,097,425 times
Quote:
It takes two for a pregnancy to happen but it only takes the woman to make all the desicions. Accident or not, women decide in the end.

If she doesn't want the baby but the guy wants to, the guy is screwed. She can get an abortion if she wants to regardless of how much the guy wants to have his baby. It suddenly becomes HER baby only.

The guy doesn't want the baby but she does. Too bad. She gets to have the baby and put the guy in financial slavery for 18 years. Which also means having him hand her the house and bunch of other assets. If the guy doesn't comply, then he gets to be best friends with Bubba in jail.

Last edited by onihC; 07-15-2010 at 01:29 PM..

Old 07-15-2010, 01:38 PM

Quote:
It takes two for a pregnancy to happen but it only takes the woman to make all the desicions. Accident or not, women decide in the end.

If she doesn't want the baby but the guy wants to, the guy is screwed. She can get an abortion if she wants to regardless of how much the guy wants to have his baby. It suddenly becomes HER baby only.

The guy doesn't want the baby but she does. Too bad. She gets to have the baby and put the guy in financial slavery for 18 years. Which also means having him hand her the house and bunch of other assets. If the guy doesn't comply, then he gets to be best friends with Bubba in jail.
You have a pretty good understanding of how that works (except for handing over the house and assets part).

If more men would accept this truth, choose wisly and take precautions so that they dont experience unwanted results, we would all be much happier.

Old 07-15-2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
If more men would accept this truth, choose wisly and take precautions so that they dont experience unwanted results, we would all be much happier.
No method is 100% effective so when an "accident" happens, the guy has no choice on the outcome . He has to pretty much just bow down before the pregnant girl and accept whatever she says, which is, either kill the baby no matter how much the guy wants to have Jr. in his arms or be her financial slave for 18 years regardless of how much he doesn't want the baby.

Old 07-15-2010, 01:59 PM

Quote:
No method is 100% effective so when an "accident" happens, the guy has no choice on the outcome . He has to pretty much just bow down before the pregnant girl and accept whatever she says, which is, either kill the baby no matter how much the guy wants to have Jr. in his arms or be her financial slave for 18 years regardless of how much he doesn't want the baby.

That is where discretion comes into play. As women are told over and over to keep their legs together. Men need to keep it in their pants until they are ready to become a father. Choose your partner wisly.
As nothing is 100%, sterilizaion is pretty close, about 99.9%. I decided I did not any more children so I had a tubal. No worries.
If neither options appeal to a man guess y'all just have to suck it up and bend over.

Old 07-15-2010, 02:25 PM

1,561 posts, read 1,918,652 times
Quote:
No method is 100% effective ...
and I was relying on celibacy to prevent unwanted children. Gosh I wonder what the percentage of kids I have left behind me with all the years of practicing it? It must be darn near infinite. Oh well . Teaches me to think anything is safe.

Old 07-15-2010, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
As women are told over and over to keep their legs together. Men need to keep it in their pants until they are ready to become a father.
That's right but it is a bit frustrating when a woman wants to get an abortion because she's not ready to be a mother, wants to keep enjoying life as a single young woman, etc. A man cannot get away with it and say "I am not ready to be in a financial burden for 18 years...I am not ready to be a father..." nope, tough luck, he either hands her the check for 18 years or gets thrown in jail.

Quote:
If neither options appeal to a man guess y'all just have to suck it up and bend over
That's pretty much all men can do in those cases. Men have to suck it up like you said. No options for men at all when it comes to pregnancy I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships