U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 07-16-2010, 09:56 AM
 
Location: syracuse ny
2,412 posts, read 4,393,082 times
Reputation: 2034

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
Yeah,bro pretty sure lol
Here's the move...

hey I take a horrible driving license picture, here look at it...tisk thats a great picture what are you talking about (mines a vanity pic) mine is far worse....(hook set!) ohh yeah, let me see!

 
Old 07-16-2010, 10:23 AM
 
Location: SW MO
23,605 posts, read 30,359,613 times
Reputation: 28970
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I'll give you at clue....it's FAR more common for men to lie about themselves. They lower their age, claim they are "in shape", increase their height (this one is done ALL the time), and wear ball caps to cover their receding hairline.
Well, if I was to lose my wife and go on a dating site, which I wouldn't, I'd be honest. I used to be 5'11". Now I'm down to 5'10 1/2". Gravity works. I used to weigh 185. Now I'm about 210. Hairline? What hairline? I got tired of thinning hair (mostly gray and white anyway) and buzzed it off which is how I keep it now. I only wear ball caps when out mowin' on my John Deere yard tractor.

I'm guessing I wouldn't get many, if any, "hits" but I'd much rather be honest than not. It's a curse going back to how I was raised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Hell, if you've gotten serious with someone, obviously the age is not an issue.
Precisely!
 
Old 07-16-2010, 10:25 AM
 
1,041 posts, read 1,263,022 times
Reputation: 762
Generally, women age faster than men, IMO. Skin is more fragile, they have kids, they are naturally fatter...and so on.

But there are 50 years old women out there I find very attractive, and I'm 28.
 
Old 07-16-2010, 10:40 AM
 
Location: Wichita,Kansas
2,731 posts, read 5,940,417 times
Reputation: 1328
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeLucasLongLostChin View Post
Generally, women age faster than men, IMO. Skin is more fragile, they have kids, they are naturally fatter...and so on.

But there are 50 years old women out there I find very attractive, and I'm 28.
Agree,i have also observed that i notice differences with different..
Income levels.In the upscale part of my city you see lots of..
Women 40+ jogging and at the gym.
Maybe some of it is they have the money to spend on better foods,etc
Im working class so im not being a snob but i notice a huge difference..
Going from one part of town to another.
 
Old 07-16-2010, 11:02 AM
 
17,750 posts, read 15,038,702 times
Reputation: 6377
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeLucasLongLostChin View Post
Generally, women age faster than men, IMO. Skin is more fragile, they have kids, they are naturally fatter...and so on.

But there are 50 years old women out there I find very attractive, and I'm 28.
Hi GeorgeLucasLongLostChin,

The skin thing is correct. The naturally fatter part is irrelevant. They are designed to be. Its when they are fatter than they should be, and thats a wash.

The surf is up on men's middle age guts. Not every gal wants to ride the ripples.

Its really because we descend in part from old men, but not old women. Then of course men die earlier. Its in nature's book of dirty tricks.
 
Old 07-16-2010, 11:09 AM
 
23,952 posts, read 31,170,350 times
Reputation: 28602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Well, if I was to lose my wife and go on a dating site, which I wouldn't, I'd be honest. I used to be 5'11". Now I'm down to 5'10 1/2". Gravity works. I used to weigh 185. Now I'm about 210. Hairline? What hairline? I got tired of thinning hair (mostly gray and white anyway) and buzzed it off which is how I keep it now. I only wear ball caps when out mowin' on my John Deere yard tractor.
Good! I wish men would get a freakin' clue about this. It's far more attractive to keep that thinning hair buzzed! My BF gets his shaved about once a month, and I love it.
 
Old 07-16-2010, 11:11 AM
 
Location: Wichita,Kansas
2,731 posts, read 5,940,417 times
Reputation: 1328
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Good! I wish men would get a freakin' clue about this. It's far more attractive to keep that thinning hair buzzed! My BF gets his shaved about once a month, and I love it.

I dont know why guys hold on the that little bit of hair in the back..
And on the sides(aka Larry David style).You lost your hair,just shave it!!!
 
Old 07-16-2010, 11:26 AM
 
9,891 posts, read 5,736,025 times
Reputation: 9801
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
Agree,i have also observed that i notice differences with different..
Income levels.In the upscale part of my city you see lots of..
Women 40+ jogging and at the gym.
Maybe some of it is they have the money to spend on better foods,etc
Im working class so im not being a snob but i notice a huge difference..
Going from one part of town to another.
No, no excuse. Money to spend on better foods... MickyD's has a rockin grilled chicken salad that costs the same as a McLardMeal. A head of romaine lettuce cost less than two bucks and lasts me a week eating it every day. People can grow their own tomatoes on a window sill. Chicken is cheap at the grocery store. If 40+ women (and men) are not exercising it is unhealthy like smoking. That is the time it is most important to keep moving. For some reason many people stop caring. Then don't complain when you become invisible to the opposite sex.
 
Old 07-16-2010, 11:41 AM
 
Location: Happy wherever I am - Florida now
3,359 posts, read 10,642,922 times
Reputation: 3813
That'a funny about the looking ten years younger. I see that statement more often than any other on men's profiles. My translation - I'm resisting maturity and act like a damned fool.

I have a theory about people that go through divorce or any other traumatic life event, that they try to rebuild from the mindset of the age at which they began the situation.

In my 40's and 50's I routinely attracted men 15yrs younger than me, it wasn't till sixty that I noticed I looked a bit older. Men shouldn't however discount those their own age as having history in common is a much better indicator of a strong relationship. It's can't be too appealing to have to work for another 25yrs because your young wife wants a child.
 
Old 07-16-2010, 11:48 AM
 
Location: SW MO
23,605 posts, read 30,359,613 times
Reputation: 28970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgoldie View Post
It's can't be too appealing to have to work for another 25yrs because your young wife wants a child.
I'd shoot myself! Between us my wife and I have seven children and nine grandchildren. Enough is enough!

Nothing scares me more than women of child-bearing age!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top