Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 09:30 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,773,094 times

Advertisements

Harmless pranks can be fun. Especially around the office. Buttering the bathroom floor is something out of a Wile E. Coyote cartoon, might as well toss a toaster in the shower while you're at it. If my spouse did something like this I wouldn't suspect she was playing a joke, my initial suspicion would be whether or not she took out a fat insurance policy out on me because you are clearly putting someone's safety and well being at risk of permanent damage--not funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2010, 09:42 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Naw...no pranks that would cause bodily injury. And I am a big prankster, but injuring people ain't my thing.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:18 AM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
I think the question is after I slipped and was seriously hurt and I then punched her in the face for it would she stay married to me?????????????

I am not a advocate for hitting women but in some extreme cases like that, what goes around comes around.

Old 07-19-2010, 11:49 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,174,569 times
Anytime some risks the life of someone else it is not a prank. Pink flamingoing someone's yard is a prank. Buttering the floor - that shows absolutely NO common sense.

My brother and I had a plastic lawn goose we passed back and forth for over a year. Example - I came out of a shopping mall once and found it on my antenae. I'd wait a while then the goose would reappear on his porch, tree or bungie strapped to the front of his truck - when it was backed in the drive so he'd never see it. That's a prank.

He also could do incredible voices and used to call my voice mail at work and leave messages like he was a customer. They were voices from all corners of the globe and though he really duped me good a few times - it was pure gold. I even tape recorded them and kept them.

On the flip side, what was described as a prank with the butter, reminds me of a SO who was just messing with the lady behind us in the car because he thought she was driving too close and did one of those slam on the breaks for the hell of it and kept looking in the rearview mirrror and doing it and laughing. I was about to start a new job in 3 days and did not have insurance at that moment and just chewed him out about that - what if I was seriously injured?

I thought his actions were completely childish and reckless and lacked all common sense because he had absolutely no regard for my safety so I couldn't trust him....and it crossed my mind, what if we'd had a child in a car seat and this is how much regard he has. NOPE. I just couldn't look at him the same after that and I honestly don't see the difference between that and the butter.

Old 07-19-2010, 12:30 PM

19,383 posts, read 15,220,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
This. I don't think that kind of stupid prank happened out of the blue. They must do that to one another all the time.

I fell on our honeymoon, getting out of the shower. I busted my chin open and still have the scar. I would be really ticked if someone did that to me on purpose.

We're not big prank-pullers. I am a jumpy person, though--I'm easy to startle when I am focused on something or not paying attention. I was brushing my teeth once and suddenly noticed my husband had snuck into the bedroom and was leering at me right outside the door. I spit toothpaste down the front of myself. We still laugh about that.
Wow, that must have killed the mood. Glad you weren't hurt worse.

LOL, Chow's really jumpy like that, too. The same thing happens to us, but I'm not even trying to scare him. He'll be brushing his teeth or something and I'll be outside the door because I want to ask him something and he'll suddenly spot me and jump about a foot. It's hilarious, but I'm not even trying to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I cut your brake lines, honey! Haha! Wasn't that a hoot? You should have seen your face!
Exactly, LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Harmless pranks can be fun. Especially around the office. Buttering the bathroom floor is something out of a Wile E. Coyote cartoon, might as well toss a toaster in the shower while you're at it. If my spouse did something like this I wouldn't suspect she was playing a joke, my initial suspicion would be whether or not she took out a fat insurance policy out on me because you are clearly putting someone's safety and well being at risk of permanent damage--not funny.
LMAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
My brother and I had a plastic lawn goose we passed back and forth for over a year. Example - I came out of a shopping mall once and found it on my antenae. I'd wait a while then the goose would reappear on his porch, tree or bungie strapped to the front of his truck - when it was backed in the drive so he'd never see it. That's a prank.

He also could do incredible voices and used to call my voice mail at work and leave messages like he was a customer. They were voices from all corners of the globe and though he really duped me good a few times - it was pure gold. I even tape recorded them and kept them.
That'd be pretty funny.

Old 07-19-2010, 12:37 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,174,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
That'd be pretty funny.
Oh it was a riot because we worked in the same industry and they were the voices of customers from the businesses I stole from him. Which is why he got me good. He knew these people and where they worked. And they were always mad about something too. I don't know how he did it without laughing.

Old 07-19-2010, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I think the question is after I slipped and was seriously hurt and I then punched her in the face for it would she stay married to me?????????????

I am not a advocate for hitting women but in some extreme cases like that, what goes around comes around.
LOL, exactly...

Old 07-19-2010, 12:41 PM

245 posts, read 585,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
My husband and I were watching the infamous "buttered floor" video on YouTube last night. Then we clicked onto another video of a woman buttering the bathroom floor as the guy was taking a shower. Of course, when he got out, he busted his a** HARD!! While it provided entertainment, this guy could have really been hurt. It got me wondering what if he had hit head and suffered brain damage, broke his back, etc. could he still be with his wife.

I asked myself this question and honestly don't know if I could stay married to my husband if I were injured so severely even though I know it wasn't intentional on his part.

What say you CD'ers?
That was a very foolish idea and certainly not even a good "prank."
I think that the couple involved needs SERIOUS and immediate counseling.

Frankly,given that women usually have a better grasp on the seriousness of things than a lot of men,I'd be hesitant to get involved w/ a woman that would think that something like this would be "funny."
And that would post it on the Internet.

Old 07-19-2010, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Oh it was a riot because we worked in the same industry and they were the voices of customers from the businesses I stole from him. Which is why he got me good. He knew these people and where they worked. And they were always mad about something too. I don't know how he did it without laughing.
Hahaha

Old 07-19-2010, 12:45 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
My parents and I do that! I got a little fondue pot as a wedding gift and had never used it, so I tried to sell it at my parents' garage sale a couple years ago. Nobody bought it, and it wound up in a big batch of stuff that they donated to a church for a rummage sale. A few months after that, my husband and I moved to Illinois, and my parents came to visit us. They brought some housewarming gifts ... including that little fondue pot. Har har. It was my dad's idea.

I am going to visit them on Thursday, and guess what will be among the gifts I bring them? It's a chunky cube of a box, so it'll wrap nicely, and enough time has passed that they'll be surprised.

Your brother sounds like a riot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships