U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-26-2010, 08:35 AM
miu

12,689 posts, read 20,893,236 times
Yesterday, just before I let my dogs out to play, I noticed some birds hopping around the corner of my yard. I went over to investigate and found that there were two fledgling sparrows with their mom watching above them. As I approached they all went for cover in the plants. I was able to find the fledglings and herd them through the chain link fence and safety. Then I let my dogs outside.

Last year, one of my dogs caught and killed a fledgling that was sitting along the top of the fence. I didn't want a repeat tragedy.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:53 AM

43,412 posts, read 52,135,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Funny story with my son this morning. Didn't make me happy, but made me laugh.

He usually has a limit in how much sweets he can eat through out the day. So this morning, he woke me up in a crack of dawn (like 6 am) saying that he was hungry and didn't want to sleep anymore. I got up with him, fed him his breakfast and gave him a cookie afterwards. Then since I was already up, I started the laundry and other misc. stuff. Max comes up to me and says: "mama, you are tired right?" Thinking how sympathetic my son is I said that yes, mama is still sleepy...He goes: "You wanna go back to sleep? I'll just watch a movie by myself". I thought to myself "you know what, I will go back to sleep, good idea". So I put a movie on and went back to bed.

All of a sudden, I hear him closing the bedroom door behind me. Then I hear a noise like a chair being moved and the kitchen cabinet being opened... I come out of the bedroom and see a very sneaky look on him. He is standing on the chair with a box of cookies in his hands.
So sneaky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hahahahahahahaha - that made me laugh He's a cutie!

Old 07-26-2010, 03:16 PM

1,517 posts, read 1,192,639 times
I drove home from the Smoky Mountains today. I am glad to be back on my beach.

Old 07-26-2010, 04:36 PM

1,517 posts, read 1,192,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Absolutely. I'm making Minestrone soup. I'm inviting my mom and Steve..should I set a 4th place?
Well, since I was out of town I missed the soup. Maybe another time?

Old 07-26-2010, 05:18 PM

15,318 posts, read 13,673,451 times
I watched it rain!! Its about time.

Old 07-26-2010, 05:22 PM

42,851 posts, read 51,451,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Funny story with my son this morning. Didn't make me happy, but made me laugh.

He usually has a limit in how much sweets he can eat through out the day. So this morning, he woke me up in a crack of dawn (like 6 am) saying that he was hungry and didn't want to sleep anymore. I got up with him, fed him his breakfast and gave him a cookie afterwards. Then since I was already up, I started the laundry and other misc. stuff. Max comes up to me and says: "mama, you are tired right?" Thinking how sympathetic my son is I said that yes, mama is still sleepy...He goes: "You wanna go back to sleep? I'll just watch a movie by myself". I thought to myself "you know what, I will go back to sleep, good idea". So I put a movie on and went back to bed.

All of a sudden, I hear him closing the bedroom door behind me. Then I hear a noise like a chair being moved and the kitchen cabinet being opened... I come out of the bedroom and see a very sneaky look on him. He is standing on the chair with a box of cookies in his hands.
So sneaky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eh, what are a few cookies in exchange for some sleep?! He IS sympathetic after all!

Old 07-26-2010, 08:30 PM

5,148 posts, read 1,492,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smel View Post
Well, since I was out of town I missed the soup. Maybe another time?
For you....open invitation. If you want, DM me what you are going to wear ahead of time, so I'm not shocked.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:41 PM

9,444 posts, read 9,383,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
hahahahahahahaha - that made me laugh He's a cutie!
Thank you!!!

Old 07-26-2010, 08:42 PM

9,444 posts, read 9,383,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Eh, what are a few cookies in exchange for some sleep?! He IS sympathetic after all!
Well, right afterwards I just let him have another cookie and went back to sleep. I'm such a weaklink.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:48 PM

8,120 posts, read 5,159,168 times
I stood outside on the porch this evening cuddled up against my beloved, looking at the full moon while smelling the sweet scent of flowers from our hanging baskets.

I felt a deep sense of peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.