U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 09-12-2011, 05:46 PM
 
Location: Beautiful Florida !
222 posts, read 247,780 times
Reputation: 219

Advertisements

Forgave a family member !

 
Old 09-12-2011, 06:45 PM
 
15,117 posts, read 8,511,257 times
Reputation: 11938
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
I'm cooking dinner tonight In addition to being a rather wonderful, intelligent young man (I like tooting my own horn), I can cook when I wanna.
Whatcha making?

I burned my arm and hand before making lasagna...dog got underfoot when I was draining the noodles and I spilled the water down my arm...uggh!
 
Old 09-12-2011, 06:49 PM
 
Location: Middle of the ocean
9,200 posts, read 5,045,702 times
Reputation: 12921
Getting ready for a weekend getaway. Shopped for all kinds of high end picnic foods.... and trying to figure out which bathing suit won't cause offense to the general population!
 
Old 09-12-2011, 06:49 PM
 
2,503 posts, read 1,843,004 times
Reputation: 1723
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
Whatcha making?

I burned my arm and hand before making lasagna...dog got underfoot when I was draining the noodles and I spilled the water down my arm...uggh!
Ouch! One time, I was making top ramen and spilled boiling hot water on my left arm. It was stinging and burning all day! The only thing that made it feel alright was wrapping cold, wet paper towels on it.
 
Old 09-12-2011, 06:52 PM
 
15,117 posts, read 8,511,257 times
Reputation: 11938
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
Ouch! One time, I was making top ramen and spilled boiling hot water on my left arm. It was stinging and burning all day! The only thing that made it feel alright was wrapping cold, wet paper towels on it.
Luckily I had a large bowl of ice water sitting ready to dump the noodles in after I drained them, this way I don't have to wait for them to cool down.

Instead, my arm went in that bowl...but no blisters so it's all good. It's just red and shimmery looking...lol.
 
Old 09-12-2011, 06:52 PM
 
2,490 posts, read 2,101,407 times
Reputation: 2720
Ugh, I've gotten sick today...
 
Old 09-12-2011, 06:54 PM
 
15,117 posts, read 8,511,257 times
Reputation: 11938
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
Ugh, I've gotten sick today...

Sick how? and is that something that made you happy? LOL

Sorry...not laughing at you. Just a chuckle because my post wasn't something that made me happy and sounds like yours isn't either!
 
Old 09-12-2011, 06:55 PM
 
2,490 posts, read 2,101,407 times
Reputation: 2720
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
Whatcha making?

I burned my arm and hand before making lasagna...dog got underfoot when I was draining the noodles and I spilled the water down my arm...uggh!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
Ouch! One time, I was making top ramen and spilled boiling hot water on my left arm. It was stinging and burning all day! The only thing that made it feel alright was wrapping cold, wet paper towels on it.
That's awful! I couldn't imagine the pain! That happened to my dad a little over a year ago. He was frying up some meat in one those frying things (like what you fry large meats in), he accidentally got his leg caught on the plug, he fell over, and the whole thing spilled over. His arm got all burned up from the hot oil. He said it was the worst pain he ever experienced.
 
Old 09-12-2011, 06:57 PM
 
15,117 posts, read 8,511,257 times
Reputation: 11938
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
That's awful! I couldn't imagine the pain! That happened to my dad a little over a year ago. He was frying up some meat in one those frying things (like what you fry large meats in), he accidentally got his leg caught on the plug, he fell over, and the whole thing spilled over. His arm got all burned up from the hot oil. He said it was the worst pain he ever experienced.
Oh man! Hot oil is a LOT worse than hot water. You can cool a hot water burn a lot easier. The oil clings to your skin!

I can't stand making bacon, don't like the splatters at all...considering I can't even eat it I'm not sure why I continue to suffer through it!
 
Old 09-12-2011, 06:58 PM
 
16,202 posts, read 8,530,606 times
Reputation: 11790
When I was barely able to walk I stuck my hand on the hot stove because I didn't now any better.

27 years later I haven't burned myself on the stove again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.



All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top