Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 10:56 AM

44,359 posts, read 20,063,008 times

Advertisements

DO NOT travel to see her. Let go of any thoughts of future communications with her. Stop it now and move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2010, 03:14 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
I drove hundreds of miles to buy a guitar once. I might to see a woman that I know but it would have to be a guarenteed weekend vacation of bedroom sports.

Old 07-19-2010, 04:13 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,677,486 times
I would say that saying hi 10 times in the hall and having a few little IM conversations doesn't constitute an interest or a relationship.

The big mistake was saying you had the hots for her when you hardly knew one another. Maybe if over a year you developed a relationship I could see it, but not the way you went about it.

So I would say driving a couple hundred miles to hunt down someone that doesn't really know you or want to know is probably not going to end well.

Time to move on with life.

Old 07-19-2010, 06:25 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I drove hundreds of miles to buy a guitar once. I might to see a woman that I know but it would have to be a guarenteed weekend vacation of bedroom sports.
And I've driven over five hundred miles to check out a car that I wanted to buy... lol

I did meet my current boyfriend for the first time while he was still living in Florida. We'd met through a car forum and we were best buddies online. But I was down there for business anyway. I didn't drive all the way from MA just to meet him. And we met as platonic friends only.

Old 07-20-2010, 11:16 PM

20 posts, read 74,434 times
Gosh, I feel so embarrassed for asking this question. I only got the idea to ask it because someone told me she may have been unresponsive towards me because she just got out of a breakup, but may be more open now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanACM View Post
With only one conversation, can you really be sure she 'liked' you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
I would say that saying hi 10 times in the hall and having a few little IM conversations doesn't constitute an interest or a relationship.

The big mistake was saying you had the hots for her when you hardly knew one another. Maybe if over a year you developed a relationship I could see it, but not the way you went about it.

No, I'm not 100% sure she liked me. I'm making that guess based on her body language, how she said she noticed me earlier when we had our conversation, and I think she blushed each time we walked past each other

Yes, I know good things probably weren't gonna happen if I told her I liked her. But how was that a big mistake? I had no chance with her anyways, given our long distance from each other, right? It doesn't seem like there was anything else I could've done at the time

Old 07-20-2010, 11:28 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post

It's a word-problem: If a man is heading for disaster at the speed of social darkness and wants to avoid being labeled a real creep, at what speed should he veer from his apparent course of action?

Answer: He should veer so fast that he's actually carried back in time in order to never ask this question in the first place.
Thank you. I've been working all evening and just finished (after 1:00 a.m.), my brain is fried, and you just cracked me up. +1

Old 07-20-2010, 11:39 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,863,416 times
No, dude. No.

How many years has it been it total now since you last saw her and blew your chances at talking to her in person? Three?

And it's now been a year since you told her you were into her and she stopped talking to you?

You would absolutely seem creepy by doing this. Not only that, but the fact that you are still thinking of doing it and thinking about her is creepy in its own right. If I were you, I would forget all about this and never, ever, ever mention it to anyone, especially not if they have a vagina.

There was a girl I had a class with a few years ago who was amazingly freaking beautiful. I was totally into her. It was a language class, and we got paired up a few times. I made her laugh, she would greet me in the halls, she brought me lunch one day, but I didn't pursue her for some godforsaken reason that I don't have the answer to. Because we sent a couple emails back and forth almost four years ago, she pops up in my suggested new friends queue every now and then when I sign up into facebook.

Did I have a chance back then? Yeah, I most certainly did.

Did I miss that chance? Yeah, I most certainly did.

Would I seem creepy if I suddenly facbooked her, told her I really regretted not asking her out at the time, and then offered to cruise 400 miles down the coast to visit here? Yes, I most certainly would!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships