Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 03:56 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,682,209 times

Advertisements

It sounds like you've been seeing him every day? If you don't want to be played, or become bitter and jaded, you'll need to be more disciplined. Don't be so quick to give a man all of your time, attention, and least of all your body. Get to know a man first before you throw caution to the wind.

Personally, I don't think you have anything to talk to him about. It's obvious that he is still shopping around. What more do you need to know?

The talk about marriage and meeting his family is just talk. Ignore what he says and pay closer attention to his actions. When men are sincere, their actions and their words are consistent. When you are being played, a man's actions and words do not match.

HIS TALK = marriage, family, blah, blah, blah.
HIS ACTIONS = trolling for other women while on your computer.

Last edited by boodhabunny; 07-19-2010 at 04:09 PM..

Old 07-19-2010, 03:58 PM

881 posts, read 1,112,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
My brain is hurting now so this will be my last post.

Just because you slept with him doesn't make you exclusive. You are 37, you should know better by now. Next time make sure you have an actual relationship before you start having sex.

That he is talking about meeting family means he is considering you a long-term material. However, you aren't there yet. And I guarantee you, you will never get there if you keep up this lunacy.
*sigh*

I have been wayyyy too far outta the loop, for WAYYY too long obviously....

*sigh*

It's kinda funny actually..... at least I can laugh at myself.

Old 07-19-2010, 04:00 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misswee View Post

Well, I may sound young but I am not. NEW to this dating thing YES, BRAND new, but not young at all. 37.

Well, I know two of his friends will be hearing about it pronto. They added me to their facebook before I even added him to mine, so they are at least a little interested in what is going on with me to track me down on facebook.
I never would have thought you were that age, but thanks for the honesty. The relationship/friendship misunderstanding has a lot to do with your naivete..you read more into the situation than is there and hes playing on that. Not to worry... You can part as friends and you'll learn to spot the BSers, takers, and time wasters.

Old 07-19-2010, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post
It sounds like you've been seeing him every day? If you don't want to be played, or become bitter and jaded, you'll need to be more disciplined. Don't be so quick to give a man all of your time and attention. Get to know a man first before you throw caution to the wind.

And please don't discuss him with any of his facebook friends. It's between you and him, don't involve others, especially his friends and family.

Definatly. I won't be talking to any of my friends even.

MUM's the word until this is completely figured out.

The last thing I need is anyone else finding out about this.

Old 07-19-2010, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
I never would have thought you were that age, but thanks for the honesty. The relationship/friendship misunderstanding has a lot to do with your naivete..you read more into the situation than is there and hes playing on that. Not to worry... You can part as friends and you'll learn to spot the BSers, takers, and time waters.

Well at least I got to give it a try, and get back on the horse.

I think this is going to be fun, living and learning.

Old 07-19-2010, 04:05 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misswee View Post
*sigh*

I have been wayyyy too far outta the loop, for WAYYY too long obviously....

*sigh*

It's kinda funny actually..... at least I can laugh at myself.

I just have to ask...have you been in a coma or a nunnery for the last 20 years? Basically, what IS the reason for your lack of growth in this area?

Old 07-19-2010, 04:08 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
When will women learn.

I can tell you exactly what is going on, because I was that man before I "reformed" myself. He is indeed hedging his bets and playing the field. It's not like he is cheating, but if he finds something better or available, he will be going for it. I guarantee it. Bottom line - he doesn't feel the same for you as you feel for him. You are a convenience for him, nothing more, not at this point. Sure, he is going to take you to visit his family, etc. But you have to be realistic, at this point he has no emotional attachment that would involve monogamy. That point probably will never come at this point, not with you and him. It seems the relationship is already out of balance, with you showing some dependency, and him taking liberties way beyond what he should be doing after a month, and then there is the uncomfortable control issues that he is showing. This goes way beyond even the scumbag tactics I used.

It sounds like you rushed into something you shouldn't have. Men aren't wired like that. There are two things needed for monagomy and an evolving relationship - maturity and a stable emotional attachment. I see none of those qualities here in either of you.

Old 07-19-2010, 04:12 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
When will women learn.

I can tell you exactly what is going on, because I was that man before I "reformed" myself. He is indeed hedging his bets and playing the field. It's not like he is cheating, but if he finds something better or available, he will be going for it. I guarantee it. Bottom line - he doesn't feel the same for you as you feel for him. You are a convenience for him, nothing more, not at this point. Sure, he is going to take you to visit his family, etc. But you have to be realistic, at this point he has no emotional attachment that would involve monogamy. That point probably will never come at this point, not with you and him. It seems the relationship is already out of balance, with you showing some dependency, and him taking liberties way beyond what he should be doing after a month.

It sounds like you rushed into something you shouldn't have. Men aren't wired like that. There are two things needed for monagomy and an evolving relationship - maturity and a stable emotional attachment. I see none of those qualities here in either of you.

Thank you - you are the 2nd poster to use my term "hedging his bets"

Your advice is a lot like mine - spot on

Old 07-19-2010, 04:15 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,753,748 times
May I ask : Are you sleeping with him ?

If so , sex + compatibilty does not always = A relationship

Your idea of what it is and his idea are 2 different things.

Did he sit you down and talk of being exclusive ?

He may be looking at you ( if you are both having sex now ) as a FWB and thats why he still trolls the dating site. ...

Old 07-19-2010, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Well, as long as you don't go to this extreme!

YouTube - LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!
lmao!

No it is more a tear in my eye, that is followed by a giggle after I realize I am just being silly.... no one would ever see it our hear it.

It is a great way to let go of resntment instead of holding onto it.

More like a dissapointmet.

lmao, that guy is just an poor me attention *****, lmao! bahahahaha!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.