Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 02:39 PM

881 posts, read 1,112,710 times

Advertisements

The guy I have been seeing on and off and then for the last month seen basically every day, forgot to log out of a dating site on my computer and is talking to all of these other girls as of yesterday as far as I can see....

Sending them messages, like "hey cutie, how are you?" etc....

Guys do NOT normally do this in the begining if they are interested in a new girl that they hang out with 4-5 days a week do they?

Should I confront him and get it overwith, or just pretend I don't know and dump him?

Guys, do you still flirt around a bit in the begining and I may be over reacting?

PLEASE give me the HARD HONEST answers to this.

I was starting to fall for him.... LAST NIGHT he was talking about meeting his parents in the next month or two.

He also said that he thought he would never want to get married, but now thinks he DOES want to get married and be a real family one day if things work out etc...

Am I being played big time?

is he some woman hater setting me up for some huge burn or something???

I am sooooo confused.

I don't want to over react, but I don't want to be played for a fool either....

Old 07-19-2010, 02:43 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,406,461 times
Here I will try this again:

I cannot speak for all men. However if I was highly interested in a woman...then I do have a natural tendency to ignore other women. Since I'm not a player and don't have casual sex...I'll just have to guess. If I was talking to other women a lot...then you could safely assume that I am not overly interested.

How does it make you feel? That is all you can really ask yourself. Tell him how it makes you feel and establish rules right now. Maybe it's not going to work out. Sorry.

Old 07-19-2010, 02:49 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,336,683 times
The guy is a jerk. He is playing you. I think you should confront him and see what he has to say for himself.

Old 07-19-2010, 02:50 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,326,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misswee View Post
The guy I have been seeing on and off and then for the last month seen basically every day, forgot to log out of a dating site on my computer and is talking to all of these other girls as of yesterday as far as I can see....

Sending them messages, like "hey cutie, how are you?" etc....
This guy is going to dating sites on YOUR computer and you're here asking if he's a player? He obviously doesn't give a damn about your feelings or care to show any respect to use your shyt to talk to other women!

Quote:
I don't want to over react, but I don't want to be played for a fool either....
Sounds like it's too late!

Old 07-19-2010, 02:57 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,675,296 times
Hold on a minute, it has only been a month. You are still getting to know him, you aren't yet committed, and he may be one of those guys who is into meaningless flirtatious chatting. Some people do it all day long and it doesn't mean squat to them.

Instead of "confronting" him, or dumping him, how about do the adult thing and simply share your concerns about what you saw, and allow him to speak for himself. Take this as a chance to define your relationship. If he says, "Hey I like to talking to different girls, it's harmless" or "I'm not ready to commit to you" then you have a choice to make. Then again, perhaps he will give it some thought and realize that he only wants you, or that he'll stop flirting with other people if only to respect your feelings.

Old 07-19-2010, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
This guy is going to dating sites on YOUR computer and you're here asking if he's a player? He obviously doesn't give a damn about your feelings or care to show any respect to use your shyt to talk to other women!

Sounds like it's too late!
I was really starting to like him. I kept my guard up a bit so I am not devastated, but what the hell is wrong with these men!!

Met his daughter, his mom already knows about me, where I live and has dropped him off here with his daughter a few times, met his daughter, met a lot of his friends....

What the hell does he expect me to think????

Do players allways pull in their friends and family like this too?

So I guess the hole bunch are laughing at me as the next victom?

Well, better to know NOW than later I guess... before I truly gave my heart away.

Right now i am at the MAD stage........ hope I don't drive you all crazy one i enter the blabbering sad, crying, stage.

Please be gental on me, I am gonna need it.....

Already feel a tear welling up...

Old 07-19-2010, 02:59 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,563,298 times
How can you assume you two are exclusive? You said you two have been dating on/off up until the last month which basically means this relationship is far from new.
I really don't understand why some women will assume they are exclusive with someone just because they see each other regular. I might understand if he indicated he wanted to only be with you but..........
Like JS said tell him how this makes you feel and set some rules, but be prepared for him to decide to walk.

Old 07-19-2010, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Hold on a minute, it has only been a month. You are still getting to know him, you aren't yet committed, and he may be one of those guys who is into meaningless flirtatious chatting. Some people do it all day long and it doesn't mean squat to them.

Instead of "confronting" him, or dumping him, how about do the adult thing and simply share your concerns about what you saw, and allow him to speak for himself. Take this as a chance to define your relationship. If he says, "Hey I like to talking to different girls, it's harmless" or "I'm not ready to commit to you" then you have a choice to make. Then again, perhaps he will give it some thought and realize that he only wants you, or that he'll stop flirting with other people if only to respect your feelings.
I guess that would be a good first step... He tells all my friends even how much he likes me....

This dating in the 21st century thing, especially in the CITY, is aweful.

In my hometown, you just don't date around. You have to be so careful because SOOOOOO many other peoples feelings are involved and everyone knows everyone.

I am absolutley and utterly dissapointed to say the least.

Old 07-19-2010, 03:04 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,326,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misswee View Post
I was really starting to like him. I kept my guard up a bit so I am not devastated, but what the hell is wrong with these men!!

Met his daughter, his mom already knows about me, where I live and has dropped him off here with his daughter a few times, met his daughter, met a lot of his friends....

What the hell does he expect me to think????

Do players allways pull in their friends and family like this too?

So I guess the hole bunch are laughing at me as the next victom?

Well, better to know NOW than later I guess... before I truly gave my heart away.

Right now i am at the MAD stage........ hope I don't drive you all crazy one i enter the blabbering sad, crying, stage.

Please be gental on me, I am gonna need it.....

Already feel a tear welling up...
I would suggest you get out of the dating game for a little while. You are too emotional and a little too gullible to deal with the many frogs that will lie in your path.

At your current state of mind, you are the perfect prey for a player. Do you want to go through this again and again and again and again???

Take a step back and quit being so quick to define a relationship. Keep your heart tucked away until you know for sure it's deserved. Until you know how to command respect for yourself, I highly doubt you will get it from others.

Old 07-19-2010, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
How can you assume you two are exclusive? You said you two have been dating on/off up until the last month which basically means this relationship is far from new.
I really don't understand why some women will assume they are exclusive with someone just because they see each other regular. I might understand if he indicated he wanted to only be with you but..........
Like JS said tell him how this makes you feel and set some rules, but be prepared for him to decide to walk.

Well, he is already pretty much hinting on HIS end how he wants ME to be totally exclusive.

When we go out and another guy talks to be he will come up, put his arm around me or kiss me.

He also says he glares down any guys who he sees staring at me etc, so on MY end, I am pretty dang exclusive I would say.

So shouldn't that be a two way street if he is already so "possesive" of me or whatever???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships