Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2010, 03:19 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,392,386 times

Advertisements

Well I am being a nice guy here...for once.

Old 07-21-2010, 03:22 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,622,264 times
Little House Gone Wild! The next reality show.

Seriously, big-sister-talk now ... it's normal to get a little crazy when you experience your freedom. Most kids do that in college; you're just a late bloomer. You should just be careful, though, because there are a lot worse things out there than finding out a guy you like is just using you for sex. Like hepatitis.

Old 07-21-2010, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post

Seriously, big-sister-talk now ... it's normal to get a little crazy when you experience your freedom. Most kids do that in college; you're just a late bloomer. You should just be careful, though, because there are a lot worse things out there than finding out a guy you like is just using you for sex. Like hepatitis.
You can only get that from eating urinal cakes. I think...mabey I don't know.

Old 07-21-2010, 03:30 PM

881 posts, read 1,111,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post

Eeeeek! That is a scary thought...... so any other advice for a late bloomer?

Old 07-21-2010, 03:35 PM

881 posts, read 1,111,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Well I am being a nice guy here...for once.

You are being a nice guy.

It helps you know. We listen when the guys are being nice.

I actually LOVE the constructive critisism too, because nobody will ever give it to me in real life, they are afraid to hurt my feelings or something, because I am apparently too nice to everybody....grrrr

Some things are just ingrained in my personality though.

A lot of things I CAN work on, but others I think it is a write off.

Old 07-21-2010, 03:37 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,497,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misswee View Post
That is EXACTLY what it feels like too....

Like I have supressed myself for soooo long, that I am loosing it.
If you want relationships that are just sex thats fine and your business, they aren't necessarily men you're going to want to partner with, thats where you're making the mistake.

Old 07-21-2010, 03:37 PM

Well, if you love constructive criticism, what are you doing to set new goals for yourself? I have said that a couple times...you need to take a full step away from dating (but not life) and rebuild who you are. As it is now, I see this cycle repeating every month.

Old 07-21-2010, 03:43 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,357,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misswee View Post
I am not being defensive, and you are just reading things as "emotional".

That is what sucks about typing, you can't hear a tone of voice, or sarcasim, or contemplation etc.

I am just being open.

Should I put a smiley after every sentence to show when I am happy and just casually having a conversation?

Then the smilies look sarcastic sometimes too...
I mean, do something.

Old 07-21-2010, 04:02 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,822,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
If you want relationships that are just sex thats fine and your business, they aren't necessarily men you're going to want to partner with, thats where you're making the mistake.
I don't think that's it (again, assuming the OP is not trolling). For all I know this emotional basket case may be frigid, I wouldn't doubt it. She is using sex as a tool, a lure and reward for his companionship, assuming that if she gives the man what she wants immediatly, she will be his forever. This lady, if that's what she has, has some serious insecurity issues. She will grasp onto a man at first glance and do whatever it takes to keep a man (and I don't buy that she is dropping this one guy). That's what I am reading into this and her emotional comments, as well as comments on her previous threads. Again - ladies, you are deranged if you think that's how it works, men don't work that way, because they will treat you as a tool as well (convenient booty call until something better comes up).

Stop using that thing as a tool! There is a time and a place for it, casual/serious doesn't matter. But it ain't an emotional socket wrench, don't use it as such.

I also don't get why people put such personal info and ask strangers for personal advise in an internet forum. I don't get that...but, makes for interesting reading.

Old 07-21-2010, 04:24 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,497,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
. She is using sex as a tool, a lure and reward for his companionship, assuming that if she gives the man what she wants immediatly, she will be his forever.

. She will grasp onto a man at first glance and do whatever it takes to keep a man (and I don't buy that she is dropping this one guy).
Haven't read the OPs other threads. It may be the only way she knows to have a relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.