U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 12:22 PM

157 posts, read 198,249 times
I am at the point where CD won't let me rep you "virgode" and a few others here offering wise words anymore

Old 07-22-2010, 12:23 PM

6,888 posts, read 9,364,399 times
This is like "As the World Turns", maybe rephrase that - "As the Stomach Turns"...

Pages 1- 5, PHASE ONE - cheating partner, her crying and broken hearted, he was THE ONE, we were making future plans, meeting family
Pages 5-10, PHASE TWO - her angry at the man, throwing him out, he was too possesive anyways, looking at other prospects, maybe that other guy?
Pages 20 - 25, PHASE THREE - her totally changing her approach "I just need sex", yeah I don't need a serious relationship right now, I just need to **** out and get it out of my system.
Pages 35 - current, PHASE FOUR - Well maybe he wasn't so bad afterall, think I will take him back, he's into me and just was cyber-sexing with the internet ho's on my computer because, um, he pannicked, yeah that's it. back to serous relationship

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 07-22-2010, 12:26 PM

881 posts, read 595,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Your relationship follows the same patterns as the cycle of abuse and its only been a month, you dump him, he tries to come back offering the world , you make excuses and the pattern repeats.
You cling to bad relationships like a codependent and in need of some counseling, but I predict you'll be here again after this thread dies with the latest chapter, it'll be never ending.

You think so?

How can someone tell something like that so soon???

Why can't I tell, why do my friends think he is the greatest?

I genuinley want to know.

If it is the jealousy thing, yes I hate that crap, all my guy friends get all jealouse too though.

Men are just territorail aren't they? Or am I making another excuse?

Old 07-22-2010, 12:27 PM

157 posts, read 198,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
This is like "As the World Turns", maybe rephrase that - "As the Stomach Turns"...

Pages 1- 5, PHASE ONE - cheating partner, her crying and broken hearted, he was THE ONE, we were making future plans, meeting family
Pages 5-10, PHASE TWO - her angry at the man, throwing him out, he was too possesive anyways, looking at other prospects, maybe that other guy?
Pages 20 - 25, PHASE THREE - her totally changing her approach "I just need sex", yeah I don't need a serious relationship right now, I just need to **** out and get it out of my system.
Pages 35 - current, PHASE FOUR - Well maybe he wasn't so bad afterall, think I will take him back, he's into me and just was cyber-sexing with the internet ho's on my computer because, um, he pannicked, yeah that's it. back to serous relationship

[IMG][/IMG]
ROFLMAO!!! This is such a great summary!

Old 07-22-2010, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post

[IMG][/IMG]

Geeze, well that is putting things into perspective..... dang.

dang, dang, dang, lol.....

Old 07-22-2010, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorgrad2004 View Post
ROFLMAO!!! This is such a great summary!

I have to admit, it really is.

Mabey I just need to get my closure today, and move on.

Damn I hate it when someone is so painstakingly right.

Thank ya.

Like I said, I am gonna keep needing a butt kicking here and there.

Keep me in line until I can get my head around things better.

Old 07-22-2010, 12:32 PM

5,412 posts, read 1,245,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
The guy is a jerk. He is playing you. I think you should confront him and see what he has to say for himself.
Maybe not? I think most guys would admit that they want to have a wide pool of women so that any breakup would be less painful. The guys who get hurt the most are the ones who put all of their eggs in one basket.

Old 07-22-2010, 12:36 PM

12,001 posts, read 12,153,773 times
It has all the hallmarks that of an abusive, dysfunctional relationship, abuse isn't exclusive to physical violence and you've made every excuse under the sun to take him back.

The man is posting from your computer sending messages to women on dating sites, thats just the beginning. If you continue to make excuses, you're a fool, but thats on you, you have to live with your decisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misswee View Post
You think so?

How can someone tell something like that so soon???

Why can't I tell, why do my friends think he is the greatest?

I genuinley want to know.

If it is the jealousy thing, yes I hate that crap, all my guy friends get all jealouse too though.

Men are just territorail aren't they? Or am I making another excuse?

Old 07-22-2010, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Maybe not? I think most guys would admit that they want to have a wide pool of women so that any breakup would be less painful. The guys who get hurt the most are the ones who put all of their eggs in one basket.

That is what I was thinking.

Even I didn't want to put all my eggs in one basket admittingly.

Well, you all saw it, I was talking about the olympics guy already.... doing the exact same thing.

If we were in an established relationship i wouldn't, but we aren't yet.

Old 07-22-2010, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
It has all the hallmarks that of an abusive, dysfunctional relationship, abuse isn't exclusive to physical violence and you've made every excuse under the sun to take him back.

The man is posting from your computer sending messages to women on dating sites, thats just the beginning. If you continue to make excuses, you're a fool, but thats on you, you have to live with your decisions.

Well, I will proceed with caution, but don't want to make any rash decisions right away.

I do need closure if that is going to be the case, but I don't want to throw anything away out of paranoia either....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships