Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 10:52 PM

152 posts, read 303,507 times

Advertisements

What does it mean when you know that you have friends who love you, and you also have God there but you feel this relentless pain of loneliness? I guess it's because I'm still single and I absolutely hate being single. I am too bored. Any thoughts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2010, 10:55 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,166,939 times
It means you don't drink enough. A few stiff shots should stave away the loneliness.

Old 01-01-2010, 10:56 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,661,952 times
If you hate being single, then get yourself out there, and try to meet someone! Good Luck!

Old 01-01-2010, 11:10 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,113,639 times
It means you need to make a major shift in your life to allow you to have a romantic life as well. God never intended for your love for Him to replace a mate.

Old 01-01-2010, 11:12 PM

42 posts, read 78,047 times
Don't try to find a relationship because you're lonely. That leads to miserable couples and relationships that go on well past their expiration date.

"Don't attach yourself to anyone who shows you the least bit of attention because you're lonely. Loneliness is the human condition. No one is ever going to fill that space. The best you can do is know yourself... know what you want."
Those words are a bit cynical, but true none the less. My thoughts are to get busy living, so that you aren't so bored. . .

Old 01-01-2010, 11:12 PM

174 posts, read 456,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm The Supporter View Post
What does it mean when you know that you have friends who love you, and you also have God there but you feel this relentless pain of loneliness? I guess it's because I'm still single and I absolutely hate being single. I am too bored. Any thoughts.
It means you choose to be lonely and bored, develop some interests, develop your mind, develop your body...

a. Get a hobby.
b. Go work out, get a personal trainer if you're not motivated.
c. Take a Yoga class, kickboxing, pilates...
d. Read a book.
e. Get a dog.
f. Start a business.
g. Take dance lessons, singing lessons, tennis lessons, golf lessons, flying lessons...
h. Volunteer at your local animal shelter to walk dogs or to socialize with the cats (you think you're lonely try living in a cage alone all your life!)
i. Get a part-time job.
j. Volunteer at the Salvation Army
k. Join a dating service
l. All of the above!

Old 01-01-2010, 11:15 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,003,071 times
Take your time and don't settle just b'c you're lonely and remember, you can be just as lonely if you settle for the wrong mate. I was lonelier with my now ex than I was when I was alone. Do you get what I'm saying? Don't settle. I can't stress that enough.

Old 01-01-2010, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
I was lonelier with my now ex than I was when I was alone.
Indeed. Godawful feeling.

Old 01-01-2010, 11:29 PM

152 posts, read 303,507 times
I thank y'all so far, but there is a huge problem with the whole 'get out there and live life to the fullest and be carefree' and stuff. I am 20, no job, barely going through college, I'm restless where I'm at (meaning I want to wander around the world and never stop), and I live with my parents and little brother. I do know of a few ladies who would go with me but one lives a really long ways North of me, a second is off at basic training for the Air Force and the third, well, I can't be with her. Not in that sense. I have been in love twice and the first girl was who I gave my heart and soul to. And then she shattered my heart. The second fixed it and now has a boyfriend. I don't know; I have always been able to find myself and be more centered with a significant other. If I decide to do that without the significant other I become very cold and, well, not nice. I like being nice. I try to be polite, honest, sensitive, and I strive for honor. I just don't get it. If any of you do, please explain to me.

Old 01-01-2010, 11:33 PM

You're 20! This is the make it or break it when it comes to independence. If you feel like you need to be with someone to maintain equilibrium then you will continue like that and may miss out on the love of your life because you're always the girlfriend guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships