Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 08:07 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,481,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanACM View Post
Thanks for your honest true to life answer.. that's what this post is about.. I don't want over glamorized versions.. congratulations on your success..
Next time you need to be more specific with your post. You wanted to know people's honest answers as to how they met their spouse. For some people, it was "mushy" "contrived" and "glamourized". Does it really matter? Does it make the moment any less special?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2010, 08:09 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,406,461 times
When I was younger, I had to work as a collector for a loan shark, in Philadelphia. Anyway I had these two turtles...and I always thought the pet store clerk was cute, and she happened to be the sister of my friend Pauly. Finally Pauly convinced his shy sister to go out with me.

For our first date, I took her ice skating...well she skated and I ran. And as they say the rest is history.

Old 07-22-2010, 08:12 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,406,461 times
LOLz...so obviously the above story is not true. But this one is:

I was a hot shot navy pilot, sent to train with the country's elite in San Diego. I fell hard and fast for one of my flight instructors...she tried to resist my charms at first. Anyway, before our first date, I got a little caught up in a Volleyball game...and got to her house late.

I stunk pretty bad, and I was a cocky hot shot...so when I got there I demanded to use the shower....then we ended up having a steamy love scene to "Take my breath away," and the rest is history.

Old 07-22-2010, 08:15 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Lmbo

Old 07-22-2010, 08:44 PM

525 posts, read 948,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Next time you need to be more specific with your post. You wanted to know people's honest answers as to how they met their spouse. For some people, it was "mushy" "contrived" and "glamourized". Does it really matter? Does it make the moment any less special?

I DID say it doesn't matter in the reply....

Old 07-22-2010, 08:48 PM

525 posts, read 948,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
It was obvious that he took the dating process very seriously. The photo he had for his profile was himself in a suit. Very formal. He answered every question fully and thoughtfully. He was not sarcastic and didn't use abbreviations, slang or buzzwords. He did not misspell anything. He lived near me (same zip code). He clearly was interested in having a strong partnership. I could tell he was not a player. He was interesting and his answers also reflected intelligence and gentle humor. When asked to tell about his friends he described all different kinds of people in his life .... including the guy who mowed his lawn. He was (is) obviously a class act but totally unpretentious. He referred to books and music I also enjoyed, he didn't act like a silly horny guy and didn't try to flirt in his bio. He was simply interested in communicating who is really was.

thanks! He was also speaking the language of another class act.. I guess it takes one to know one.

Old 07-23-2010, 12:43 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,034,466 times
We met online.

I messaged him and asked if he was willing to take a chance.

He was.

Old 07-23-2010, 04:41 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,628,555 times
Quote:
I DID say it doesn't matter in the reply....
Correction. It does matter when you call people liars.
It matters a great deal actually.

I did not glamourise anything, there was no mushiness and nothing in my story was contrived, but apparently people are not allowed to tell you the truth as only you are the keeper of this great precious treasure. And you know posters stories much better than they do don't you ?

Apparently I should have lied and told you I met my husband in a bar , at work or online because that apparently is what constitutes "true to life"....

It's really quite sad that you can't accept that some people's lives are a little different than yours.

Had you ever been to Oxford you might have realised that many people's stories as to their first meeting will probably be as "glamourised" as mine. It's that kind of place.

Sorry the truth does not square with you, next time I'll be sure to make something to satisfy your craving for lies.

I have many , many faults but lying is not one of them.

Grow up and learn some manners.

Old 07-23-2010, 02:36 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I was at a primitive event American Fur Trade, and talking with another guy. She says she heard my voice and found her soul mate, sight unseen.

This was us about then.

This us gettin' hitched

Best thing I ever did.

LOVE these pics

Old 07-23-2010, 02:39 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
[SIZE=2]BE HONEST.. I don't wanna hear made up stuff. Where were you!!?? Was he or she with someone else?! Was it through family or work? I am really interested, especially if you married within the last four years.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]

I was carrying a cake across a large room, tripped and fell into his lap, without dropping the cake!

To this day I have never forgotten the gleam in his eyes when I said, "Want some?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships