Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2010, 01:46 AM

23,218 posts, read 29,034,905 times

Advertisements

I'm single by choice.

Everyone I've dated the last 15 years, when I ask them point-blank to choose:
Do you want a relationship with me or is it best I remain single by choice?

Each one has said: Remain single. By choice.

Old 08-20-2010, 02:25 AM

1,156 posts, read 2,380,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creativeguy504 View Post
B) "I just broke up with someone, and need time to myself."
This would be my answer, although I am starting to date again. I finally called a LT live-in relationship a day last August, and without going into detail, the relationship itself was extremely tiresome, tedious, and rife with unnecessary drama. My ex was extremely high maintenance, and I rarely got time alone. He rarely shut up. Yap, yap, yap. OMG. Just one of those people who could not be alone with himself or even do anything by himself.

So this has been a really nice break. I'm finally getting to the point where I realize that my ex was an exception, not a rule, and there are plenty of self-sufficient men who don't require tending to as though they are newborns. But I did need a some breathing space and time to reconnect with family, friends and activities that went neglected.

Old 08-20-2010, 07:27 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I'm single by choice.

Everyone I've dated the last 15 years, when I ask them point-blank to choose:
Do you want a relationship with me or is it best I remain single by choice?

Each one has said: Remain single. By choice.
Oh, you, cynic, you! You're worse than I am!

Old 08-20-2010, 08:08 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,278,033 times
Not everyone wants to be tied down to 1 person for the rest of their lives. That's so old fashioned, imo.

Old 08-20-2010, 08:20 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,671,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I hear MOSTLY women say this. I always think is there any other reason why someone would be single other than it being their own choice?

I think they say it because they think is sounds nice rolling off of their lips. It really does not make any sense.

What does it mean?
It means, "I've had opportunities. I could be married if I wanted to be, but I've chosen to be single."

Old 08-21-2010, 08:12 AM

2,119 posts, read 3,711,943 times
The comments about being single by choice due to unattractiveness, obesity or jealousy are rude. I know a few single gals whom I believe are single by choice and none of the above apply.

I applaud their comfort and confidence in being independent. In fact, I'm jealous they can afford to be single by choice.

Wonder how many people will admit to marrying because they couldn't afford to be alone.

How's that for turning the tables?

Old 08-21-2010, 11:46 AM

387 posts, read 532,929 times
It means nobody they like likes them back.

It also means they have dated a lot of terrible people and have decided to stay single by choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I hear MOSTLY women say this. I always think is there any other reason why someone would be single other than it being their own choice?

I think they say it because they think is sounds nice rolling off of their lips. It really does not make any sense.

What does it mean?

Old 08-21-2010, 05:52 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,919,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
When women say that it means that no one wants to be with them. It also means that they are really jealous that their friends all have someone but they seem to have great difficulty in finding someone for themselves.
Yep. They expect Brad Pitt, and don't understand why he never sends flowers.

Old 08-21-2010, 05:54 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,919,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glastron_79 View Post
The comments about being single by choice due to unattractiveness, obesity or jealousy are rude. I know a few single gals whom I believe are single by choice and none of the above apply.

I applaud their comfort and confidence in being independent. In fact, I'm jealous they can afford to be single by choice.

Wonder how many people will admit to marrying because they couldn't afford to be alone.

How's that for turning the tables?

Good point, I know several once they hit 26 and found out they couldn't live the lifestyle they expected. Find Mr. Sugar and get that ring!

Old 08-21-2010, 06:02 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,216,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
When women say that it means that no one wants to be with them. It also means that they are really jealous that their friends all have someone but they seem to have great difficulty in finding someone for themselves.
It means that they know some people think like LTMF, always thinking the worst, and are setting people straight. People have wanted to be with them, just no one that they wanted to be with back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships