Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 10:57 PM

550 posts, read 982,383 times

Advertisements

This guy at school gave me his number. He isn't in any of my classes, yet see him around sometimes in the computer lab. I want to call and at least say hi, but am so painfully shy I would not know what to say or do. I don't want my shyness to be a burden to him or me. Plus, I am usually too busy to go anywhere. Also I am a little older than a lot of the people at my school and he looks at least 7-10 yrs younger. What about just having lunch in the cafeteria or someplace close by?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2011, 11:05 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,103,405 times
Is it a cell number? Maybe you should send a text first, if so.

Old 03-22-2011, 11:14 PM

15,083 posts, read 20,431,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltowngirl25 View Post
This guy at school gave me his number. He isn't in any of my classes, yet see him around sometimes in the computer lab. I want to call and at least say hi, but am so painfully shy I would not know what to say or do. I don't want my shyness to be a burden to him or me. Plus, I am usually too busy to go anywhere. Also I am a little older than a lot of the people at my school and he looks at least 7-10 yrs younger. What about just having lunch in the cafeteria or someplace close by?
He gave you his number unsolicited? Why didn't he ask for your number? I'm thinking he's just as shy as you and so you both are on the same 'level'. Call him and ask him if he would like to join you for lunch at the cafeteria. Make it quick. Don't have a drawn-out conversation - just ask him and do all the talking in person over lunch.

[I'm not a 'phone person']

Old 03-22-2011, 11:15 PM

817 posts, read 809,098 times
Post it on the notice board in your computer lab.

Old 03-22-2011, 11:20 PM

15,083 posts, read 20,431,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter18 View Post
Post it on the notice board in your computer lab.
Or make his phone number a screensaver.

Old 03-22-2011, 11:24 PM

343 posts, read 523,562 times
According to, 'He's Just Not that Into You', you shouldn't. Uh, guess the authors point is a man should be the one asking you out & pursuing you. When they give you their number, they become the pursued and that's bad.

^^^Not my opinion exactly because I know guys do that because so many women feel uncomfortable giving out their numbers to strange guys. But I do see the other point.
I give out my email if it's a chance encounter where I know I'll never see him again. If you will see him around through school/work, don't. For the reason it puts you in the position you are in now which sucks.

Old 03-22-2011, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Or make his phone number a screensaver.

Yep that works fine too

Old 03-22-2011, 11:30 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,638,737 times
Quote:
I wouldn't give you my number if I didn't want you to call. If you feel uncomfortable calling, I would just meet him for lunch in the cafeteria until you feel more confident/comfortable.

Old 03-22-2011, 11:32 PM

550 posts, read 982,383 times
We were in the gym near the school when I ran into him. So I didn't have anything on me to give him my number. He wrote down his and gave it to me. I have seen him around.

Old 03-22-2011, 11:35 PM

Quote:
We were in the gym near the school when I ran into him. So I didn't have anything on me to give him my number. He wrote down his and gave it to me. I have seen him around.
A smarter man would have remembered the number when you say it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships