Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Ladies, would you date a man with Asperger's Syndrome?
Yes 13 50.00%
No 13 50.00%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 01:56 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,815,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
As I said, i am not trolling. I frankly couldn't care less if you're hostile, it makes more than some rude comment on an internet forum to phase me lol. You wanted advice, so why complain when you receive it?
He didn't want advice. He wanted an answer to his question.

Old 08-11-2010, 05:51 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,383,949 times
He has received answers to his question. How exactly then were we supposed to answer it? Moreover, numerous people in this thread have told him that they cannot provide a more detailed answer since it's not an either-or scenario.

I think the question why women go for bad boys is something that "normal" persons ponder over too, it has no easy answer.

Old 08-11-2010, 06:32 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Honestly, there is as much error in thinking "all women love bad boys" as there is in "People with Asperger's see the world in black and white."

Honestly...some women go for "bad boys" (whatever that is...a guy who beats women? Gordon Gekko from Wall Street? Denis Leary? A guy who is confrontational? Dick Cheney? A guy who can't/won't keep a job? A guy who is a dirty cop, or a dive bar bouncer? A guy who runs dog fighting rings? A guy who looks like Fonzie? A guy who looks like 50 Cent?). Some women go for SOME bad boys, but aren't interested in others. Some women are turned off by bad boys. Whatever.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:59 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,383,949 times
I don't think anybody seriously says that all women love bad boys. It's clearly more complex than that.

Old 08-12-2010, 02:20 PM

453 posts, read 457,501 times
I mentioned before that I'm fully functional. I know how to drive a car, and I've been trained how to read people. Many people I've met on the autism spectrum don't have that ability. I also know how to keep a job and support myself. I even served in the military during the Iraq War, 9/11, and during Hurricane Katrina. Some of you might have overlooked the part when I said I've been in a relationship with a woman before. I know not everyone is perfect, and because I have my own shortcomings, I'm willing to accept that of others. The woman I dated six years ago had lupus, and I was understanding of her disposition.

I even dated an older woman before. When I was 23, I dated a 47 y/o attorney. Some of you might think that's strange, but I don't. I figure if it's okay for older men going through midlife crisis to go out and find themselves trophy wives, then I'm entitled to dating a cougar. My only expectations are that she practice good hygiene, and that all her teeth be intact. Smokers are one of my biggest pet peeves, too. I'm not too hung up on looks as long as she's not anorexic thin or morbidly obese. Flexibility is a major turn-on, but not required. Mostly, I'm looking for a woman with a good heart, and open mind, and no kids.

That's the biggest challenge I find as I get older. I know they're cute and cuddly, but kids aren't for me. Before anyone starts passing judgment on me, just know that I never got to pick or choose my disposition. Those women all chose to become pregnant. I know how babies are conceived, and they're not by accident. I'm cool with dating an older woman past her reproductive years if her kids are grown. I might even make an exception if the lady has one kid, but if she has two or more, forget it. If they're older children, that helps, too. I'm just not keen on raising someone else's children or dealing with the baby daddy drama with the father looming in the background. Also, it's pretty much guaranteed I'll never be number one in the relationship. So maybe I'm not having any luck because some women think I'm setting my standards too high.

Old 08-12-2010, 02:27 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,305,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daugenstine View Post
I mentioned before that I'm fully functional. I know how to drive a car, and I've been trained how to read people. Many people I've met on the autism spectrum don't have that ability. I also know how to keep a job and support myself. I even served in the military during the Iraq War, 9/11, and during Hurricane Katrina. Some of you might have overlooked the part when I said I've been in a relationship with a woman before. I know not everyone is perfect, and because I have my own shortcomings, I'm willing to accept that of others. The woman I dated six years ago had lupus, and I was understanding of her disposition.

I even dated an older woman before. When I was 23, I dated a 47 y/o attorney. Some of you might think that's strange, but I don't. I figure if it's okay for older men going through midlife crisis to go out and find themselves trophy wives, then I'm entitled to dating a cougar. My only expectations are that she practice good hygiene, and that all her teeth be intact. Smokers are one of my biggest pet peeves, too. I'm not too hung up on looks as long as she's not anorexic thin or morbidly obese. Flexibility is a major turn-on, but not required. Mostly, I'm looking for a woman with a good heart, and open mind, and no kids.

That's the biggest challenge I find as I get older. I know they're cute and cuddly, but kids aren't for me. Before anyone starts passing judgment on me, just know that I never got to pick or choose my disposition. Those women all chose to become pregnant. I know how babies are conceived, and they're not by accident. I'm cool with dating an older woman past her reproductive years if her kids are grown. I might even make an exception if the lady has one kid, but if she has two or more, forget it. If they're older children, that helps, too. I'm just not keen on raising someone else's children or dealing with the baby daddy drama with the father looming in the background. Also, it's pretty much guaranteed I'll never be number one in the relationship. So maybe I'm not having any luck because some women think I'm setting my standards too high.
Start a new thread.

The majority of this forum, IMO, have not even opened this thread or joined the conversation, because you have emphasized your Asperger's. Since you have admittedly learned to compensate and/or are functioning well above the norm for an Aspie, you will get more responses if you repost the question and eliminate the part about your Asperger's.

Old 08-12-2010, 07:01 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,311,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
Is this a universally applied methodology?
Yes, it is the clinical definition until they drop the whole diagnosis next year, when it will just be bunched with autism spectrum disorders. So don't get too attached to the diagnosis!

As for the original question - you have received plenty of responses and good advice regarding your question, and you have been corrected in your wrongful assumption that all women want the bad boys. In fact, most women I know would love to demolish the bad boys. Frankly, this is too much drama. I agree with everyone else that Asperger's doesn't play a part in this equation whatsoever. I don't know what kind of answers or validations you would like to hear.

Last edited by miyu; 08-12-2010 at 07:12 PM..

Old 08-13-2010, 01:58 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,140,046 times
I believe if I were a woman I wouldnt be givin any nookie to some guy that had that assbugers or whatever its called stuff. I would be afraid he wouldnt really appreciate it....sorry

Old 08-13-2010, 02:41 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,815,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
I believe if I were a woman I wouldnt be givin any nookie to some guy that had that assbugers or whatever its called stuff. I would be afraid he wouldnt really appreciate it....sorry
Why don't you read up on it before spouting off ignorant comments?

The "stuff" is called "Asperger's", NOT assbugers (what, you can't copy and paste??). And I am very glad you have removed yourself from my son's dating pool. THANK YOU.

Old 08-13-2010, 06:50 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy14 View Post
Why don't you read up on it before spouting off ignorant comments?

The "stuff" is called "Asperger's", NOT assbugers (what, you can't copy and paste??). And I am very glad you have removed yourself from my son's dating pool. THANK YOU.
I'm guessing that assbuger is a typo of assburger, which is the tongue-and-cheek spelling of Asperger on Encyclopedia Dramatica.

Asperger's syndrome - Encyclopedia Dramatica

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships