Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 04:29 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Well, it's true anyway, isn't it? You're still married...
What day is it ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2010, 04:29 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,182,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
It would be real easy to say something stupid here like "I do, when she lets me"

But I won't.
Rakin,

that's ok. If it's true.

My mom ran our house when I lived at home. She allows my dad to think he does. But we all know the truth. Not to mention, he knows she's better at managing things than he is.

Old 07-24-2010, 04:30 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,248,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Rakin,

that's ok. If it's true.

My mom ran our house when I lived at home. She allows my dad to think he does. But we all know the truth. Not to mention, he knows she's better at managing things than he is.
When you say managing the house do you mean the paperwork, purchasing, bill paying or maintenance...or all of it?

Old 07-24-2010, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
When you say managing the house do you mean the paperwork, purchasing, bill paying or maintenance...or all of it?
The bill paying, purchasing.

My dad does the "heavy lifting" if you will. Repairs, yard work, etc.......

Old 07-24-2010, 04:36 PM

19,427 posts, read 15,236,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Okay, there is one for each to be fair and they are humor and topic related.

The Man Song
(...I wear the pant around here - when I'm finished with your laundry)

YouTube - Rodney Carrington - The Man Song

The Woman Song

YouTube - The Bob And Tom Show - The Woman Song
Ha, those were great!

Quote:
Is it easier that way?
Well, I don't know if it's easier. It just can't be any other way for me. I just can't answer to a guy like he's my daddy. But I don't rule the roost either. We work together.

I remember discussing it with a family member where he was saying he had the final say in his marriage because someone has to be the boss. I just can't do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
It would be real easy to say something stupid here like "I do, when she lets me"

But I won't.
Did you listen to the songs Thursday posted?

Old 07-24-2010, 04:37 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
I suspect this is true of most house holds. Men always get an equal vote, women just have veto power.

Actually ours is pretty equal, but a wise man knows when to let her be the superstar she was meant to be.

Sometimes those old country sayings are pretty corny but accurate. Whoever came up with the "If Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy" spoke from experience and common sense. He may have worn the pants, but she zipped them up.

Old 07-24-2010, 04:37 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,248,019 times
Quote:
The bill paying, purchasing.

My dad does the "heavy lifting" if you will. Repairs, yard work, etc.......
Ok. Well, with that said, I take care of all the kids things (forms, health and dental check ups, schoolwork, etc.), making sure the house is in good condition and making sure it has all of it's "check ups" as well, grocery, errands, kids do most of the yardwork, we all do the cleaning, and the bills get paid by our office manager for our business. We both hate paying the bills so we make him do it

My husband makes sure the cars are inspected and in good running condition and works about 70 hours a week...he does much more than I do

Old 07-24-2010, 04:40 PM

Quote:
I was assuming he meant who made the big decisions. Even still, we share duties.

Old 07-24-2010, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Ok. Well, with that said, I take care of all the kids things (forms, health and dental check ups, schoolwork, etc.), making sure the house is in good condition and making sure it has all of it's "check ups" as well, grocery, errands, kids do most of the yardwork, we all do the cleaning, and the bills get paid by our office manager for our business. We both hate paying the bills so we make him do it

My husband makes sure the cars are inspected and in good running condition and works about 70 hours a week...he does much more than I do
I swear, sometimes I wish I had kids so they could do some of the housework.

Old 07-24-2010, 04:43 PM

Exactly.

Pretty what my mom and dad do.

Quote:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships