U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 07:56 PM

9,444 posts, read 9,636,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msboom View Post
I am on again off again with my boyfriend. since the break up, he twice now has tried to blow me off last minute when we had a date. tonight he texted me that he would be out at the time i had planned to come over. i called him and he sent me to voice mail. I am angry which is rare for me. I want to continue seeing him, but i also want this to stop. (he never treated me like this when we were together, there was some disrespect at the end and I guess thats how things are going now.) please , especially men, help me with advice on how to get this back on track.
Oh my gosh, can't you see? He is blowing you off last minute because the other girl said yes to the plans!!!! He makes plans with you "just in case". If she says "yes" than you are out of the picture for that night.

What happened to having any pride these days?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2010, 07:59 PM

4,184 posts, read 4,343,927 times
I'm with the others. Dump the jerk, he's not for you. Surely you deserve better.

Old 07-24-2010, 08:34 PM

3,435 posts, read 1,055,761 times
Quote:
ok, how do i get it back on track?

Move on. If he really wanted to be with you he would stop at nothing to be with you. He is taking the cowards way out and instead of telling you this to your face he is acting like an immature child.
Why do you want to be with a man who treats you like dirt?

Old 07-24-2010, 08:59 PM

3,261 posts, read 2,760,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Oh my gosh, can't you see? He is blowing you off last minute because the other girl said yes to the plans!!!! He makes plans with you "just in case". If she says "yes" than you are out of the picture for that night.

What happened to having any pride these days?
OP, the fact that you keep allowing him back and allowing him to disrespect you has him thinking "msboom's a doormat".

I don't think you can rectify it (nor should you want to), but you can gain your self-respect by ending the "realtionship" and maybe one day he'll respect you again (even then I don't think you should take him back).

Old 07-25-2010, 04:38 AM

5,148 posts, read 1,609,911 times
Get him real excited about a date with you. And then blow him off at the last second.

Revenge is a dish best served blowing style.

Old 07-25-2010, 12:06 PM
miu

12,951 posts, read 21,448,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
He's no longer a boyfriend. At best, you're his fvck buddy, at his convenience only.
I completely agree with this ^^^. You are no longer his girlfriend, you are only an FWB with him. If you are fine with only being his FWD, then continue seeing him. Otherwise, drop this jerk and cut him completely out of your life.

Old 07-25-2010, 12:17 PM

5,004 posts, read 5,041,823 times
You really need to talk to someone why you readily keep on putting up with this abysmal treatment by this man and why you think you can fix him and control him. You need to let go. You keep doing the same things and hoping for a change in his behavior. The only behavior you can change is yours. Your life will only change when you change your behavior.

Old 07-25-2010, 04:23 PM

5,852 posts, read 4,668,774 times
I think this is rivergirl (if I remember correctly) with a new screenname. She was the one with the BF who told her she's a great girlfriend for now, but is keeping his options open. Her single reply (post #7) tipped me off.

Old 07-25-2010, 04:34 PM

2,651 posts, read 2,578,108 times
Quote:
I am on again off again with my boyfriend. since the break up, he twice now has tried to blow me off last minute when we had a date. tonight he texted me that he would be out at the time i had planned to come over. i called him and he sent me to voice mail. I am angry which is rare for me. I want to continue seeing him, but i also want this to stop. (he never treated me like this when we were together, there was some disrespect at the end and I guess thats how things are going now.) please , especially men, help me with advice on how to get this back on track.
Sounds like it's off again. Your bf is seeing (maybe) someone else. Ask yourself why are you guys "on/off". It sounds like he's not the guy for you. If he was, it wouldn't be "on/off". He has no respect for you or your time. We teach people how to treat us. He's disrepecting you, because he can and you won't stop it.

How old are you??

Old 07-25-2010, 04:41 PM

1,571 posts, read 3,358,886 times
This is a game. On again, off again.
You are wasting your time and youth - move on. ONLY date and befriend people who are intrested in you and treat you with respect.
Move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships