Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 09:16 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,696,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
You should have left way before the end of the date
Oh, I'm devastated! Just when I was looking for the next TVSG thread, turns out that he started a thread just yesterday about the Sunday date and then had the thread removed because BAD WEATHER in Philly led to the date's postponement!!!!!! Oh, moderators, fie upon you for removing the thread! The continuing saga of TVSG's life is so entertaining and the weather conditions have always been so detrimental to any fulfillment of any dates. Yikes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2010, 09:53 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
My dad got on my nephew last year when he was texting at the Thanksgiving dinner table. Nephew's argument was "times have changed." Dad's was, "not in this house, they haven't."
Nice answer from your father. It reminds me of how things were back in the day when I would be upset because I had a curfew while my friends didn't. "But daaaad! My friends can come home at any time" which my dad would tell me something like "That is in THEIR house. There are rules here" .

Before, you would tell people where you could be located from X time to X time and nobody had a problem really. Then came the pagers. After that, pagers which texting capabilities. Then the celphones/mobiles. Later, they had the capability to text, surf the net, etc. Now with touch screen technology and all. People are pretty much able to send rockets to the moon. All this social networking. No more handwritten letters or cards, its all texting now and emails. Is technology really enhancing relationships or not? Hhhhmmm that could be another thread I'll start later.

Aaaaaanyways, back to mobiles/celphones...great points guys. Keep 'em coming.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:09 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Quote:
I think it's going to get worse and worse, since teenagers practically have their phones attached to their arms. I can't imagine what's going to happen when they enter the workforce.

My dad got on my nephew last year when he was texting at the Thanksgiving dinner table. Nephew's argument was "times have changed." Dad's was, "not in this house, they haven't."
No phones at my table any day! We usually don't answer the house phone during dinner either.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Before, you would tell people where you could be located from X time to X time and nobody had a problem really. Then came the pagers. After that, pagers which texting capabilities. Then the celphones/mobiles. Later, they had the capability to text, surf the net, etc. Now with touch screen technology and all. People are pretty much able to send rockets to the moon. All this social networking. No more handwritten letters or cards, its all texting now and emails. Is technology really enhancing relationships or not? Hhhhmmm that could be another thread I'll start later.
Please do ... I have plenty to say on that one!

Old 07-27-2010, 10:28 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Oh, I'm devastated! Just when I was looking for the next TVSG thread, turns out that he started a thread just yesterday about the Sunday date and then had the thread removed because BAD WEATHER in Philly led to the date's postponement!!!!!! Oh, moderators, fie upon you for removing the thread! The continuing saga of TVSG's life is so entertaining and the weather conditions have always been so detrimental to any fulfillment of any dates. Yikes.
She cancelled the date not me because of a severe thunder storm warning

Old 07-27-2010, 11:40 AM

389 posts, read 776,965 times
My little sister, who I don't talk to anymore, has a cellphone with an MP3 on it that holds umph thousand songs & movies. It also has a camera & video lense. It has a GPS, bluetooth, unlimmitted text, unlimmited talk, 3 way, call waiting, unlimmitted web, Aps for Myspace, Facebook, Youtube, etc. In addition to that phone, she has 2 other phones (Iphone & Droid.) She also has an itouch, portable blueray & DVD player, 2 MP3's, 8 TV's (3 of which are big flat screens,) 3 laptops & a netbook, Facebook account, Myspace account, & Twitter account that she updates every 6 hours or so. The other day, she has the nerve to tell me that her life sucks. She said "You don't understand what I'm going through." Wow you'll never know how horribly pissed off I was. I hate her now. She's just a b****. Plus she's in deep debt since she refuses to do any really hard work.

Pretty soon somebody's gonna make a flying motercycle with a touchscreen keypad implanted on the handle bars so you can text & emale your friends while you're flying. But the way things are going, someone's gonna say "My damn text enabling flying motercycle doesn't fly high enough" or "It doesn't text right." You'll hear from me again when that happens.

Jessie

Old 07-27-2010, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelwoman View Post
but the way things are going, someone's gonna say "my damn text enabling flying motercycle doesn't fly high enough" or "it doesn't text right."
hahahahaha!

Old 07-27-2010, 11:50 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
I think it's going to get worse and worse, since teenagers practically have their phones attached to their arms. I can't imagine what's going to happen when they enter the workforce.
I suppose the offices will become even more disgusting living hell!

Quote:
Good for your Dad!

Somebody was just asking me how late is appropriate to call me. Not to worry! If I go to sleep or no longer want to deal with communications I simply turn the ringer OFF!

Old 07-27-2010, 11:52 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
My little sister, who I don't talk to anymore, has a cellphone with an MP3 on it that holds umph thousand songs & movies. It also has a camera & video lense. It has a GPS, bluetooth, unlimmitted text, unlimmited talk, 3 way, call waiting, unlimmitted web, Aps for Myspace, Facebook, Youtube, etc. In addition to that phone, she has 2 other phones (Iphone & Droid.) She also has an itouch, portable blueray & DVD player, 2 MP3's, 8 TV's (3 of which are big flat screens,) 3 laptops & a netbook, Facebook account, Myspace account, & Twitter account that she updates every 6 hours or so.
I got dizzy just reading this!

Old 07-27-2010, 11:56 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times
Quote:
My little sister, who I don't talk to anymore, has a cellphone with an MP3 on it that holds umph thousand songs & movies. It also has a camera & video lense. It has a GPS, bluetooth, unlimmitted text, unlimmited talk, 3 way, call waiting, unlimmitted web, Aps for Myspace, Facebook, Youtube, etc. In addition to that phone, she has 2 other phones (Iphone & Droid.) She also has an itouch, portable blueray & DVD player, 2 MP3's, 8 TV's (3 of which are big flat screens,) 3 laptops & a netbook, Facebook account, Myspace account, & Twitter account that she updates every 6 hours or so. The other day, she has the nerve to tell me that her life sucks. She said "You don't understand what I'm going through." Wow you'll never know how horribly pissed off I was. I hate her now. She's just a b****. Plus she's in deep debt since she refuses to do any really hard work.

Pretty soon somebody's gonna make a flying motercycle with a touchscreen keypad implanted on the handle bars so you can text & emale your friends while you're flying. But the way things are going, someone's gonna say "My damn text enabling flying motercycle doesn't fly high enough" or "It doesn't text right." You'll hear from me again when that happens.

Jessie
And many times it is the parents who have to go through those bills. I remember this article on Yahoo about this teenager who got a bill for an outrageous 4 or 5 figure dollar amount. Her father snatched the phone away and destroyed it. Some people were outraged with the father's reaction, go figure.

I remember when I was in high school. My parents would ask me to please remove my headphones and be part of what was going on whenever we went out. Now it makes more sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships