Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2010, 09:35 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,524,412 times

Advertisements

Hopefully most rational people are. I just don't get it when adults do these things...
"say" they are not interested in someone anymore by not calling back at all, ending relationships on text messages,
saying not interested after a first or 2nd date by a text message or after a relationship breakup,
or if you've agreed to be BF/GF, and then one breaks up with the other.... especially if the first talk about it is too short or the effected person is too shocked to gasp what happens and wants to talk again at least once last time face to face (after the dust settles) and the "break upper" will only respond with emails or texts....
well, why do people seem to think nothing about doing this in dating, would be offended if an employer did the same things to them in the job world?
It doesn't make sense......
isn't finding someone special (at least in one point at one's life) at least a little bit similiar to work and finding a job? However too many folks, who see crass behavior on employers, seem to think nothing about crass behavior in dating.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2010, 09:38 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Dating world is rough, you have to take the good with the bad. Facts of life. lol

Old 07-27-2010, 11:39 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,812,876 times
But... if the employer never calls you to end your employment, how do you know you're unemployed? You just show up for work, and everyone gives you pity looks, until you get the idea it's time to go home?

I do know your frustration as far as the dating part goes. I've been in three LTRs: my marriage, followed by boyfriend #1 (if 6 months is considered "long term"), and then boyfriend #3 (1 year and a half), whom I was going to marry. I ended the marriage and relationship #2. Won't go into the details on either of those, but relationship #3 ended because it was an extremely long-distance relationship, fully dependent upon me flying down there, because he couldn't get a visa to the states. He broke up with me while I was visiting him in South America, the day before I left to fly back to the states. So, I made the 16 hour trip back, in shock, and we never got that chance to talk face-to-face, again, when my head stopped spinning. I try not to think about it too much, because it was such a cowardly thing to do, and I still feel pangs of resentment.

But...as was stated previously, that's life. Hindsight is 20/20, and I now know I dodged a bullet with that one, in my more lucid moments.

Old 07-28-2010, 12:05 AM

234 posts, read 498,868 times
Well my last actual relationship (6 months) I tried to break up with my girlfriend in person, but she knew it was coming so she set me a text and said to not bother showing up. I tried to call her as well, but she wouldn't call back. Hey, at least I tried.

I think if you've only been on one or two dates a text or email saying you're not interested is fine. I think if you've been going out a month to two months at least a phone call is necessary, and after that doing it in person is best. However, being a single dad and dating single moms for the most part we sometimes don't always get to see each other much so I can deal with the phone thing, but yeah face to face is probably best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships