U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 02:05 PM

7,376 posts, read 12,462,371 times

Advertisements

Sorry for non paragraphs. Wrote this in a hurry before my little male brain forgot it.

So I get into this heated debate at work about men who cheat, so I give my assessment since I am a male who has cheated. I imply the very simplistic analogy we all hear, ďcake and eat it tooĒ and itís the truth b/c the same urge to have more cake comes from the same side of the brain as to have more $ex (scientific fact). Another fact, we men are biologically programmed to assess the attractiveness of every single women we see. So I tell the girls, use his nature to work for you, donít tell him he canít look or get mad if he does; or donít get a hissy when he goes to the strip club and instead throw him a $20 and buy him a dance. My point is a manís strongest point is $ex, itís our basic instinct and for a woman in a relationship to work with a manís strong point gives her more power. Itís far better to walk the dog on a leash than let it escape through an unseen hole in the back fence. So of course I get ridiculed for that but I failed to understand that this conversation wasnít general and one of the girls was having a real hard time with her man at home. So it got worse when I said a woman should never let herself go and nothing is less valued than a commodity that no one else wants. A woman needs to remind her man how attractive she is and drop subtle hints to her man that other cats still find her desirable, that will take care of our biological need to compete since we love the alpha omega role. I got called a typical male and obviously once a cheater always a cheaterÖ tough lunch today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2010, 02:27 PM

11,671 posts, read 13,768,026 times
You pig.

Just kidding.

Everyone has their own beliefs. I think it's funny that men love scientific facts when it helps their cause. I don't believe "once a cheater, always a cheater," but I do believe you either have the capacity to cheat or you don't. Unfortunately, that capacity gives you a bad name.

Old 07-29-2010, 02:42 PM

7,916 posts, read 16,315,542 times
So you had a conversation with your coworkers and admitted that you're a cheater and then tried to come up with some scientific excuse for it? I get the feeling that maybe you were actually bragging about it. Are you trying to establish a reputation as some sort of lady's man?

Old 07-29-2010, 02:43 PM
Ep-

2,069 posts, read 3,517,786 times
i thought this thread was gonna be about sandwiches

Old 07-29-2010, 02:44 PM

1,034 posts, read 3,705,503 times
Tough lunch indeed, but you brought it on yourself. You are entitled to your thoughts, most of which I agree with, but to express them in the company of women who are struggling in their relationships probably isn't the best thing to do.

Old 07-29-2010, 02:56 PM

301 posts, read 696,312 times

Always always always pay attention to your target audience. Your target audience, women trying to comfort another woman who's likely been cheated on. They are not going to be receptive to any kind of excuses made for a cheater especially by a cheater. No offense. I don't know if there is any truth to the once a cheater, always a cheater.

Why would you even bring up that you've cheated? That isn't something I would think anyone would want to openly bring up in any conversation. You should feel remorseful and humble about that. IMO. I can understand admitting if they asked you point blank if you had. Then, it's just a matter of whether you feel comfortable exposing yourself or not.

Now you are THAT guy at work.

Old 07-29-2010, 03:02 PM

1,411 posts, read 2,657,517 times
Again, another reason to keep personal info private and work conversations professional. You are now the designated creep at work!

Old 07-29-2010, 03:02 PM

926 posts, read 1,683,236 times
Err...trying to justify cheating is only going to be received well by those who also want to justify it.

Old 07-29-2010, 03:05 PM

3,432 posts, read 3,228,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
Sorry for non paragraphs. Wrote this in a hurry before my little male brain forgot it.

So I get into this heated debate at work about men who cheat, so I give my assessment since I am a male who has cheated. I imply the very simplistic analogy we all hear, ďcake and eat it tooĒ and itís the truth b/c the same urge to have more cake comes from the same side of the brain as to have more $ex (scientific fact). Another fact, we men are biologically programmed to assess the attractiveness of every single women we see. So I tell the girls, use his nature to work for you, donít tell him he canít look or get mad if he does; or donít get a hissy when he goes to the strip club and instead throw him a $20 and buy him a dance. My point is a manís strongest point is $ex, itís our basic instinct and for a woman in a relationship to work with a manís strong point gives her more power. Itís far better to walk the dog on a leash than let it escape through an unseen hole in the back fence. So of course I get ridiculed for that but I failed to understand that this conversation wasnít general and one of the girls was having a real hard time with her man at home. So it got worse when I said a woman should never let herself go and nothing is less valued than a commodity that no one else wants. A woman needs to remind her man how attractive she is and drop subtle hints to her man that other cats still find her desirable, that will take care of our biological need to compete since we love the alpha omega role. I got called a typical male and obviously once a cheater always a cheaterÖ tough lunch today.
I wouldn't talk like that at work if I were you. That's if you want to keep your job. Someone might report you to HR. Oh and as for the bolded part, if your wife wants to go to the strip club and shove money into another man's crotch throw her 20.00.

Old 07-29-2010, 03:24 PM

12,579 posts, read 12,707,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep- View Post
i thought this thread was gonna be about sandwiches
I thought someone ate his leftovers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships