Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 09:23 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
If I ever got flowers on the first date - especially those pre-made up bouquet's from the grocery store it's a play right out of the manual or a quick after thought because he saw them. They mean more when I know him and know it was random and he put some thought into it.

Randomly, I got 6 long stem roses in a box sent to my office. No card. The flower shop coud only tell me it was a man. My birthday was coming up - they could have been from anybody. I got home and the other box with the other 6 roses was there waiting with the card. That was a 10 pointer for being unexpected and creative.

There was also the very unexpected vase of white roses with one red one in the middle. One has to know the meaning of roses to uderstand white is for Pure and red is for Love = Pure Love.

There are several sites on the internet, some even better than these, but here are your meaning of flowers if you want to get creative.

Meaning of Roses by color
Rose color Meanings - Meaning of Rose Colors

Meaning of flowers
The Language of Flowers - What they mean

This is really cool. Who gave them? Husband ? Boyfriend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2010, 09:24 PM

37,611 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep- View Post
had ths debate with my friend earlier. he said he likes to bring flowers on first date to show hes a good guy. i said i like to do it much later down the line cuz it shows you really like the girl and have been having a good time. if its on first date it dont really mean anything

asked a random group of drunk chicks passing by tonight and got

#1: date 1
#2: date 1,2,4 (not 3 cuz of the whole 3 dates = sex thing)
#3: date 1,2,3 (basically all the time)
#4: i think this chick was ready to fall over

so whats CDs opinion?

(this is assuming you dont know each other much yet)
I'm not a flowers kind of girl. I'd rather you just give me the money.

Old 08-01-2010, 09:25 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,375,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I don't do flowers.

I find out what things they like. Nothing big. Inexpensive stuff.
That would work for me. I don't like flowers. My first real memory of flowers is from when my grandmother died. First they were in the hospital, then the funeral, then our house. Flowers make me think of death.

I wouldn't throw them down and slam the door in his face if he gave them to me but it wouldn't mean as much as a personalized gift

Old 08-01-2010, 10:49 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,000,344 times
I wouldn't want flowers on a first date. That seems rather highschoolish - trying to impress the parents - type of behavior. I'm happy if he shows up on time and isn't an idiot.

I do love flowers though. I got some delivered to my office for my birthday recently. It was a nice arrangement too, not those flowers stuffed in a box that you have to assemble.

Old 08-01-2010, 11:02 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,240,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
I wouldn't want flowers on a first date. That seems rather highschoolish - trying to impress the parents - type of behavior. I'm happy if he shows up on time and isn't an idiot.

I do love flowers though. I got some delivered to my office for my birthday recently. It was a nice arrangement too, not those flowers stuffed in a box that you have to assemble.
Are you familiar with Eddie Haskell?

Old 08-02-2010, 10:01 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times
I've gotten flowers sent to my office before and I thought it was a nice gesture considering how having a woman sending something to a guy's office/job-place is not common, specially flowers. I would remember her every time I saw those flowers .

As for giving flowers, I have given them but not on a date. I was seeing this girl and it was her birthday. Reserved a table in a restaurant and left bunch of flowers on the table with a card with her name before I went to pick her up. Didn't tell her about it. As we got to the restaurant and walked through that table it got her attention and she kept looking at the table until I told her to look at the card and she didn't want to, she was like "No way! How embarrassing! Let's just go sit. Imagine if the people from that table arrive while we are snooping through their stuff!" I told her I was curious to see what it said and told her to just take a peek at the card. She saw her name and I guessed she liked the surprise .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships