Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 04:46 PM

1,446 posts, read 4,596,517 times

Advertisements

What kind of nightlife in the form of bars is available for a 31 year old trying to meet a woman? What I mean is I am now too old for "nightclubs" that are mostly 18-25 year olds. What kind of bars are available for those 30+? Do wine bars attract an older crowd? What about lounges? What else should I look at in a typical urban area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2010, 06:37 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,180,561 times
Where do you live? Without a location, people that see this thread and live in your location will not be able to recommend anything because you did not leave the location of your city.

To answer your question:

Look for Tapas bars and Supper Clubs in your area.

Although you may not be interested, look for clubs that play jazz. If you're not a jazz guy, than look for clubs that play contemporary jazz as opposed to traditional jazz. You'll be able to stomach it easier.

These 3 types of environments would be good for meeting the crowd you're interested in meeting.

Also, depending on the city you live in, get on Red Carpet Monday's email list. That's only if they are in your city. They are in most major cities.

Old 07-31-2010, 06:46 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,900,593 times
well here in NYC it's routine to see people well into their 30s going to bars and clubs, however the older crowds typically go to the more upscale and more expensive places while the younger crowds hang out in bars in different neighborhoods.

Old 07-31-2010, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElysianEagle View Post
well here in NYC it's routine to see people well into their 30s going to bars and clubs, however the older crowds typically go to the more upscale and more expensive places while the younger crowds hang out in bars in different neighborhoods.
I am not sure that's going to help him.....I don't think he's in NYC......

Old 07-31-2010, 07:23 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,340,227 times
Based on his posting history he's somewhere in NJ.

Old 07-31-2010, 07:46 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,845,629 times
New Jersey Night Clubs - Dance Clubs Page 1 - Nightclubs, Bars and Pubs Directory

Old 07-31-2010, 07:53 PM

I am somewhere in NJ, but not too far from NYC. I did go to a local bar, a Pub46 and it was all kids! Ditto the 80's Club "Culture Club" in NYC. I thought that at least 80's music would attract an older crowd.

My personal experience is that the typical club is mostly kids! I have seen it in Boston (When I was younger) and in Florida. You do not see real adults in there, though some bars do attract an older crowd. I just would like to know is there some kind of directory that stats the typical age groups of the clientele. Anyway, is it true what the previous poster said on more expensive locations attracting an older crowd for obvious reasons.

Last edited by lentzr; 07-31-2010 at 07:54 PM.. Reason: misspelling

Old 07-31-2010, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lentzr View Post
I am somewhere in NJ, but not too far from NYC. I did go to a local bar, a Pub46 and it was all kids! Ditto the 80's Club "Culture Club" in NYC. I thought that at least 80's music would attract an older crowd.

My personal experience is that the typical club is mostly kids! I have seen it in Boston (When I was younger) and in Florida. You do not see real adults in there, though some bars do attract an older crowd. I just would like to know is there some kind of directory that stats the typical age groups of the clientele. Anyway, is it true what the previous poster said on more expensive locations attracting an older crowd for obvious reasons.
If I wanted to Know where adults hung out at, I would not say "I'm somewhere in Illinois"............I'd say I am in Chicago on the Northside of town.

Dude, unless you're paranoid or something no one can help you unless you name what city you're in.

Old 07-31-2010, 08:23 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,900,593 times
well if you're actually looking to MEET people then why would you even bother going to a nightclub? tends to be way too loud in there to talk anyway. if you're in NJ and happen to come in to NYC often then hit up some of the places in Midtown and the MeatPacking district

Old 07-31-2010, 08:28 PM

Ron - It does not matter what part of NJ I'm from. I did mention that I have gone out to NYC. Anyway, if I have to drive twenty miles for a really nice place that's fine...which is just about most of NE NJ. However, I do NOT feel that giving away too much personal ifnormation is a good idea. It is NOT that I am paranoid, I am just careful, there is a lot of crazies out there and I do not know anyone in here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships