Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 07:09 PM

48,564 posts, read 23,982,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Is their some form of attraction? Nice smile? The way they talk. Manners. Listening skills. Friendly. Head on straight. Ambitious. Similar interest.
What are "listening skills?" Is that the ability to make someone believe that you are really paying close attention whether you are or you are not?

My theory is that if someone is genuinely interesting, there will be no skills required to listen to that person, you are doing it because you are motivated to do it.

And if someone doesn't really find you interesting, is there really a need for that person to be good at tricking you into thinking otherwise? I'm not seeing much of a a future in a relationship where the attention must be faked, even if done with great "skill."

Doesn't "listening skills" really translate as "Must find me interesting?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2010, 07:15 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,954,823 times
I don't really look for anything, per se, but there's something about the eyes that can't be fully explained; you see something in them but you're not sure what except whether or not it's good and whether or not you want to see more. If nothing strikes me when I look in his eyes I don't dismiss him but it sure helps to have that.

Old 08-07-2010, 07:20 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,588,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I've never looked for one thing. I just like to let things happen. There are many different reasons for attraction/connection to occur, and I don't think you can check them off a list (other than obvious, basic ones).
I agree with this. I don`t go "looking" for anything..now in my day, if something caught my eye, then, I would raise my eyebrows and think..heyyyyy!!

Old 08-07-2010, 07:23 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,032,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
If so, I'd ask guys that are successful with attracting women, what they do to attract them.

Ron
I hear that Gene Simmons of the rock group Kiss just licks his eyebrows and flashes a wad of cash.

I read somewhere that when dating you should watch how the person treats the waiter or waitress because that's how you will be treated once they know you.

busta

Old 08-07-2010, 07:23 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,373,562 times
He has to be ethical. I know that this may go without saying for many people, but having gotten involved with someone who turned out to be extremely dishonest, ethics, decency and strong moral values are important to me. Character. That sums it up.

Secondmost important thing is that he has to be very discerning. I'm not interested in a guy who's been passed around. This suggests that he either can't be alone, has a low opinion of himself or ... well, that he puts physical pleasure over everything else, including common sense. These qualities are those I expect to see in a gigolo, not a prospective life mate.

Old 08-07-2010, 09:29 PM

86 posts, read 358,414 times
I see how confident he is. If he smiles, makes you feel comfortable, sees you as a person,makes you laugh, those are things that I really find not only attractive but charming. Also, showing a bit of maturity is a plus... I mean ...dislike when guys start playing hard to get or want to make you guess...straight to the point that's how it should be

Old 08-07-2010, 10:27 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,038,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drose1 View Post
Just wondering what you think of when you first meet a man. Thanks for responding.
which is your question? what do we LOOK for or think?

I LOOK at a man's fingers - the length is a better gauge than shoe size.

What do I think? Well that depends on what I hear come out of his mouth and whether he is appropriately dressed for the venue/occasion. First impressions only happen once. If a man speaks with class and intelligence, I think it's wonderful.

If he speaks like he couldn't be bothered putting forth enough effort to sound semi-intelligent, then I KNOW he has no respect for himself and therefore could never have enough for me and I think he's a dork and a jerk and I tell him I'm not interested in getting to know him further.

Old 08-07-2010, 10:34 PM

48,314 posts, read 34,449,879 times
I meet lots of men. I think whatever is appropriate for the situation: Are we going to make a business deal? How are the wife and kids? Did you get my order out? Were there problems with the job?

If it's a guy I met online I'm thinking will we get along? Hope conversation flows, that we're both comfortable, etc. (I've already seen pics so I wouldn't be meeting if I didn't find him attractive).

If I meet running errands, I don't think much besides someone is being friendly. A lot of times, I don't realize until later that they were probably flirting.

If I meet at guy at a social event, involving lubrication, I'm first going to ascertain whether I'm attracted, and then whether he has a brain to backup the biceps.

Old 08-07-2010, 10:36 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,291,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I meet lots of men. I think whatever is appropriate for the situation: Are we going to make a business deal? How are the wife and kids? Did you get my order out? Were there problems with the job?

If it's a guy I met online I'm thinking will we get along? Hope conversation flows, that we're both comfortable, etc. (I've already seen pics so I wouldn't be meeting if I didn't find him attractive).

If I meet running errands, I don't think much besides someone is being friendly. A lot of times, I don't realize until later that they were probably flirting.

If I meet at guy at a social event, involving lubrication, I'm first going to ascertain whether I'm attracted, and then whether he has a brain to backup the biceps.
Did you intend to say lubrication or did you mean libation?

Old 08-07-2010, 10:43 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,532,791 times
Well, first I look for a wedding ring....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships