Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 02:50 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I would say something back to him but the whole problem is that I have no idea how he feels about me.
That's always the problem, dear. Does he love you in a sweet, appropriate and romantic way or is he just looking to nail a peice a time or two? You can look for clues, and you will get better at doing so as you age, but still.... somethings you just never know until you try.

Ask yourself: who are you going to be? What life are you going to live? Are you going to be person who risks much and gains much or are you going to play it safe this time around? Only you can decide. For what it's worth, the old man told me this: I'd rather be taken advantage of a million times than live a life of suspicion.

When it cames to matters of the heart, that man knew how to put it on the line. He was one of the richest souls I have ever known. A barber who died at the age of 52 -- he had the look of a man whom an angel had whispered to. He had a deep, secret knowledge that others would wonder about. Not only I felt this way. He had a lot of friends, lots of people who mattered to him and lots of people he mattered to. The older I get the closer I feel I get to what that secret was: he lived life with an open heart. An open heart.

If it were me, I'd take a chance. A soft kiss on the lips in some soft light somewhere. That's just me though. I will not take responsibility for any advice I give. Not every road leads somewhere good... but I think it's good to walk down most of them. If it's dark. Keep walking. Do you want to know where all roads lead to eventually?

They lead to the water, liberal. The water. Let that water run through you. It will keep you clean. When an overture of love is offered, a wise woman investigates. Just saying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2010, 06:46 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Just invite him to go out with you and like a few other friends, and when you get a moment alone with him, you could get up real close and ask him if he likes you.
I so would but what if he doesn't like that? He could just turn around and report me to the head manager. If I KNEW it was mutual, I could without a doubt do something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
That's always the problem, dear. Does he love you in a sweet, appropriate and romantic way or is he just looking to nail a peice a time or two? You can look for clues, and you will get better at doing so as you age, but still.... somethings you just never know until you try.

Ask yourself: who are you going to be? What life are you going to live? Are you going to be person who risks much and gains much or are you going to play it safe this time around? Only you can decide. For what it's worth, the old man told me this: I'd rather be taken advantage of a million times than live a life of suspicion.

When it cames to matters of the heart, that man knew how to put it on the line. He was one of the richest souls I have ever known. A barber who died at the age of 52 -- he had the look of a man whom an angel had whispered to. He had a deep, secret knowledge that others would wonder about. Not only I felt this way. He had a lot of friends, lots of people who mattered to him and lots of people he mattered to. The older I get the closer I feel I get to what that secret was: he lived life with an open heart. An open heart.

If it were me, I'd take a chance. A soft kiss on the lips in some soft light somewhere. That's just me though. I will not take responsibility for any advice I give. Not every road leads somewhere good... but I think it's good to walk down most of them. If it's dark. Keep walking. Do you want to know where all roads lead to eventually?

They lead to the water, liberal. The water. Let that water run through you. It will keep you clean. When an overture of love is offered, a wise woman investigates. Just saying.
WestCobb, I LOVE LOVE this post. I am sorry about your loss. Seems like he was a great man. Hopefully he is resting somewhere peaceful and nice. It is so hard to find sincere true, nice people.

If this was anyone else, I so would make the move. But considering it is work, I don't know what to do. I mean, even a co worker (that I am allowed to date) could spell drama to say the least. I like people at work but oh my goodness, I don't know why this manager sticks out to me. Sigh sigh....

I guess I will never know unless I try. But there is so much that could go either way. I just have to feel him out. (Thats what she said)

Old 08-08-2010, 08:58 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,431,077 times
Quote:
I so would but what if he doesn't like that? He could just turn around and report me to the head manager. If I KNEW it was mutual, I could without a doubt do something.

I guess he could. If he was a girl.

Old 08-08-2010, 09:03 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,431,077 times
Sorry. I didn't mean to sound irresponsible. After all, this is a work area and your job is on the line. If your job is really very important, better to just walk away. If he feels his job is threatened, he might report the incident. So just be careful. Good luck.

Old 08-08-2010, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Sorry. I didn't mean to sound irresponsible. After all, this is a work area and your job is on the line. If your job is really very important, better to just walk away. If he feels his job is threatened, he might report the incident. So just be careful. Good luck.
Exactly.

I think I am going to avoid him. As best as I can. Go the other way if I see him.

I cannot avoid him but if he comes onto me first, I wont push him away . Thats for sure. LOL.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:09 PM

Agh....so I log into facebook to see he has written on the facebook profile of another indirect employee there. No, I and my friends didnt stalk him....LMAO. It came up in the news feed since we are both friends with each other. She doesnt directly work for my company so he can date her.

He wrote "hey there beautiful. How are you?" in her language.

So I am assuming he is trying for her since he can date her. I wonder if he even had a thing for me at all. It is possible to like two people at once, I suppose. Any advice?

Old 08-12-2010, 11:14 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
I would keep an eye on him if you like him. the longer you know him the more you know him well enough to truly figure out if he is worth your time or not. it for sure is easier dating someone you don't work with, but that doesn't mean it will work out

Old 08-12-2010, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I would keep an eye on him if you like him. the longer you know him the more you know him well enough to truly figure out if he is worth your time or not. it for sure is easier dating someone you don't work with, but that doesn't mean it will work out
You know how us girls work. I call my girls up and they all flock to this girls page and try to analyze everything. They say I shouldn't give up but at the same time, I think I am going too try it. It just sucks because you cannot control who you like.

I dont know. He may or may not like me but may not be trying to pursue since I am under him. This other girl can be pursued so he may be trying. I don't know what to do. I wanna punch this girl in the face. JK!

Old 08-12-2010, 11:44 PM

2,638 posts, read 6,020,830 times
Quote:
You know how us girls work. I call my girls up and they all flock to this girls page and try to analyze everything. They say I shouldn't give up but at the same time, I think I am going too try it. It just sucks because you cannot control who you like.

I dont know. He may or may not like me but may not be trying to pursue since I am under him. This other girl can be pursued so he may be trying. I don't know what to do. I wanna punch this girl in the face. JK!
You know what they say about letting a guy dip his pen in the company ink.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
You know what they say about letting a guy dip his pen in the company ink.
What does that mean?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships