U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 05:13 PM

512 posts, read 462,846 times

Advertisements

Nobody likes a rejection. So if you like a guy, give him some signals and let him know that he may approach. You may have to be somewhat obvious about it. Some guys can be pretty dense (like me! Although I've gotten a lot better over the years). I remember years ago, I thought this one girl I knew was just super friendly until she finally told me "when are you going to take me out on a date?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2012, 05:16 PM

9,400 posts, read 7,977,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
I can't think of a reasonable man alive who wouldn't like a woman pursuing him. Not in a Glenn Close boiling-a-bunny way, but initiating contact, flirting, giving him a sign that she's attracted to him, are all very welcome to most men. A lot of guys don't like that "long walk back" after being rejected, whether it's in person or online, and it's not always easy to get a read on a woman to determine if you're setting yourself up for rejection or if you've got an honest chance. Then there are guys like me who need a ton of bricks to land on their head before they realize that a woman is interested in them. They can be the most frustrating to a girl who is trying to be subtle with her hints.
This. Drop us a hint. A real one, not some subtle body language nuance that only the rain man would notice.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:02 PM

24,691 posts, read 19,705,146 times
I kinda like the idea of being stalked, until it gets dangerous/serious. Like kinda good-natured stalking, just love...and if I turn her down, no murderous feelings of revenge, lol.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:03 PM

8,739 posts, read 4,984,676 times
they change their mind really quick to 'no' if the woman is ugly. then they don't like it.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:40 PM

15,986 posts, read 5,014,896 times
When I am being pursued, I find it very flattering and a boost to my ego.

I have no objection to be being pursued.

Old 01-27-2012, 01:23 AM

572 posts, read 319,279 times
I'd rather be pursued. I'm way too shy to approach women.

Old 01-27-2012, 09:50 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,510 posts, read 12,038,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyturquoise View Post
Being a single woman and a little on the shy side, I have seen that some guys prefer women who are openly flirty with them who pursue the guys, and the funny thing is at the end, these women get the guys... and the nice, old school, traditional girls wait for the man to pursue them , dont get pursued and are still waiting for real men to show up....Guys...please tell me...do you feel that a man should pursue the woman, or is it more attractive if the woman pursues you????
thanks
Not necessarily. I was always shy and reserved--on the surface--and never had any shortage of men approaching me, not even now, at 54. It all depends. On what, I have no idea.

Old 01-27-2012, 10:44 AM

2,495 posts, read 2,499,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
they change their mind really quick to 'no' if the woman is ugly. then they don't like it.
Women dont like being pursued by ugly guys either

Old 01-27-2012, 12:28 PM

5,051 posts, read 2,907,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
A woman can change her mind quick if the guy is ugly, is poor, doesn't have a car, is shorter than her, lives with the parents, and the long list goes on and on.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:54 PM

6,092 posts, read 2,291,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarysPoppins View Post
You guys like it unless you don't find the woman attractive....? What then?

How do you handle a lady who shows she likes you when you either don't or just want to be friends?
The same way men handle it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships