Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 11:59 AM

11,362 posts, read 9,275,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orincarnia View Post
what about the ones that seem interested, persue you, tell you they like you in a romantic way, then shut down and run away when you persue back?
After further getting to know the person it is likely the chemistry is just not there. That or something else isn't right.

It works both ways and people have the right to change their minds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2012, 12:08 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,602,346 times
I like both. If you find someone attractive and want to get to know them, go for it.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:09 PM

11,362 posts, read 9,275,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeclyde View Post
You don't have to throw yourself at a guy. But you should give him a signal that you find him attractive. A smile some eye contact. Then it is up to him to come to you.

If a guy isn't willing to approach you. Then he isn't going to treat you right. There are still rules to the game. But you always have the final choice.

Plus men like it if they feel they read your signals right, and it worked. It will give him some confidence.
BS. It's likely because the person is a bit shy about approching, even with the signals. Shy guys will treat a woman right. I am one of them.

There is also a thing called mixed signals.

I hate "rules" when it comes to dating. There shouldn't be any. Be yourself and do what you feel is right.

Oh, as far as the topic question - I'd prefer to be pursued but it is very rare. For some reason women expect this out of men which is something I don't get.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:14 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,805,880 times
I quit pursuing women years ago, it was a form of insanity - doing the same thing expecting different results. Doesn't work so I prefer to be pursued.

Old 01-27-2012, 03:37 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyturquoise View Post
Being a single woman and a little on the shy side, I have seen that some guys prefer women who are openly flirty with them who pursue the guys, and the funny thing is at the end, these women get the guys... and the nice, old school, traditional girls wait for the man to pursue them , dont get pursued and are still waiting for real men to show up....Guys...please tell me...do you feel that a man should pursue the woman, or is it more attractive if the woman pursues you????
thanks
There should be no "pursuing" at all. Two people should just be open and honest with each other if they have an interest in the other. There should be no "pursuing", "chasing", "courting" or whatever. If one finds another attractive, then strike up a conversation to see where it goes.

Old 01-27-2012, 07:10 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,202,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeclyde View Post
You don't have to throw yourself at a guy. But you should give him a signal that you find him attractive. A smile some eye contact. Then it is up to him to come to you.

If a guy isn't willing to approach you. Then he isn't going to treat you right. There are still rules to the game. But you always have the final choice.

Plus men like it if they feel they read your signals right, and it worked. It will give him some confidence.
You don't speak for all men bruh.

Old 01-27-2012, 07:29 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,384,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
There should be no "pursuing" at all. Two people should just be open and honest with each other if they have an interest in the other. There should be no "pursuing", "chasing", "courting" or whatever. If one finds another attractive, then strike up a conversation to see where it goes.
Exactly. You can really waste a lot of time that way, or even miss your chance at someone altogether. You can't assume the one you're "pursuing" is an expert at picking up on those signals. For all you know, those signs he/she has been giving you that he/she isn't interested, are nothing more than them having no idea you're interested at all.

Old 01-27-2012, 10:46 PM

788 posts, read 1,271,274 times
Since it seems like a lot of guys have responded to this question, I'm going to go out on a limb here and ask your advice. I asked my friend to set me up with her friend because I saw his picture on Facebook and thought he was cute. She told him about me and he was interested, so we talked briefly over Facebook and met up earlier this week. I thought we completely hit it off on our date - we talked, laughed a lot, he maintained eye contact, leaned in, asked me tons of questions about me, then abruptly ended the date and hasn't called. Weird! Only thing I can figure is that maybe I talked too much about myself, but he kept putting the discussion back on me. I was really, really nervous on the date, so maybe I was awkward. But I'm attractive, in good shape, and have never really had a problem with guys calling or asking me out.

My brother always told me that a guy will call if he's interested. In fact, he's not going to wait if he's interested, so just let him call. But I can't help but wonder if this guy thinks I just talked too much or something else, since it seemed to go so well. Any ideas? The friend who set us up doesn't want to be involved (understandably and I don't want her as a mediator), but she insists he needs to call me. Advice is appreciated. Thanks! By the way, I've been out of the dating scene for awhile, so I'm not up on all this stuff any more.

Old 01-27-2012, 11:00 PM

527 posts, read 1,232,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katykat01 View Post
Since it seems like a lot of guys have responded to this question, I'm going to go out on a limb here and ask your advice. I asked my friend to set me up with her friend because I saw his picture on Facebook and thought he was cute. She told him about me and he was interested, so we talked briefly over Facebook and met up earlier this week. I thought we completely hit it off on our date - we talked, laughed a lot, he maintained eye contact, leaned in, asked me tons of questions about me, then abruptly ended the date and hasn't called. Weird! Only thing I can figure is that maybe I talked too much about myself, but he kept putting the discussion back on me. I was really, really nervous on the date, so maybe I was awkward. But I'm attractive, in good shape, and have never really had a problem with guys calling or asking me out.

My brother always told me that a guy will call if he's interested. In fact, he's not going to wait if he's interested, so just let him call. But I can't help but wonder if this guy thinks I just talked too much or something else, since it seemed to go so well. Any ideas? The friend who set us up doesn't want to be involved (understandably and I don't want her as a mediator), but she insists he needs to call me. Advice is appreciated. Thanks! By the way, I've been out of the dating scene for awhile, so I'm not up on all this stuff any more.
While I have no doubt you are a nice attractive all around great girl, keep in mind that sometimes even when all of the boxes are checked on paper, two people may just not have any chemistry when they spend time together. My advice is not to obsess over it. He's not the center of your life, and neither should he be. If he's interested, he'll get in touch with you. If not, well then, it's his loss and you wouldn't want to date him anyways.

Old 01-27-2012, 11:08 PM

788 posts, read 1,271,274 times
Thank you, Phoenix! I think you're right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships