Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 12:04 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katykat01 View Post
Since it seems like a lot of guys have responded to this question, I'm going to go out on a limb here and ask your advice. I asked my friend to set me up with her friend because I saw his picture on Facebook and thought he was cute. She told him about me and he was interested, so we talked briefly over Facebook and met up earlier this week. I thought we completely hit it off on our date - we talked, laughed a lot, he maintained eye contact, leaned in, asked me tons of questions about me, then abruptly ended the date and hasn't called. Weird! Only thing I can figure is that maybe I talked too much about myself, but he kept putting the discussion back on me. I was really, really nervous on the date, so maybe I was awkward. But I'm attractive, in good shape, and have never really had a problem with guys calling or asking me out.

My brother always told me that a guy will call if he's interested. In fact, he's not going to wait if he's interested, so just let him call. But I can't help but wonder if this guy thinks I just talked too much or something else, since it seemed to go so well. Any ideas? The friend who set us up doesn't want to be involved (understandably and I don't want her as a mediator), but she insists he needs to call me. Advice is appreciated. Thanks! By the way, I've been out of the dating scene for awhile, so I'm not up on all this stuff any more.
Only that dude knows.

The C-D relationship forum 'experts' could come up with some incredibly creative guesses, but they'd just be guesses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2012, 03:27 AM

11,369 posts, read 9,284,230 times
Quote:
Since it seems like a lot of guys have responded to this question, I'm going to go out on a limb here and ask your advice. I asked my friend to set me up with her friend because I saw his picture on Facebook and thought he was cute. She told him about me and he was interested, so we talked briefly over Facebook and met up earlier this week. I thought we completely hit it off on our date - we talked, laughed a lot, he maintained eye contact, leaned in, asked me tons of questions about me, then abruptly ended the date and hasn't called. Weird! Only thing I can figure is that maybe I talked too much about myself, but he kept putting the discussion back on me. I was really, really nervous on the date, so maybe I was awkward. But I'm attractive, in good shape, and have never really had a problem with guys calling or asking me out.

My brother always told me that a guy will call if he's interested. In fact, he's not going to wait if he's interested, so just let him call. But I can't help but wonder if this guy thinks I just talked too much or something else, since it seemed to go so well. Any ideas? The friend who set us up doesn't want to be involved (understandably and I don't want her as a mediator), but she insists he needs to call me. Advice is appreciated. Thanks! By the way, I've been out of the dating scene for awhile, so I'm not up on all this stuff any more.
He slept on it (your conversation) and decided no. It probably happens all the time so don't take it personally. As poster phoenix_down mentioned the chemistry ended up not being there on his part.

I've been out of the dating scene for a while as well and I am not finding this fun at all.

Old 01-28-2012, 08:15 AM

788 posts, read 1,271,745 times
Thanks, all! I guess I had my answer already. John, I'm not finding it particularly fun either, but I usually have more than enough to keep me busy in my non-dating life anyway. But the "game" has definitely changed now that I'm in my 30s. I didn't think it'd be quite so complicated now, but I almost feel as if it's more complicated now.

Old 01-28-2012, 10:45 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,398,152 times
the game is complicated at any age, i feel like it would be less a game as people become older and dont have time to waste playing them

Old 01-28-2012, 12:37 PM

527 posts, read 1,232,739 times
Quote:
Thanks, all! I guess I had my answer already. John, I'm not finding it particularly fun either, but I usually have more than enough to keep me busy in my non-dating life anyway. But the "game" has definitely changed now that I'm in my 30s. I didn't think it'd be quite so complicated now, but I almost feel as if it's more complicated now.
I wish it was easier. But alas, what is worth having generally doesn't come easy.

Old 01-28-2012, 01:03 PM

788 posts, read 1,271,745 times
Very true, Phoenix. Sad, but true.

Old 01-28-2012, 02:24 PM

457 posts, read 693,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestOne1 View Post
Oh for gawd sakes, not this age old question again.

Here, let me answer for you from the perspective of every man on earth.

If she is hot? Yes she can and should approach me.

If she is not hot, she can approach, not approach, or drop her drawers with hundred dollar bills taped to her axx....it ain't happenin.
hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
BS. It's likely because the person is a bit shy about approching, even with the signals. Shy guys will treat a woman right. I am one of them.

There is also a thing called mixed signals.

I hate "rules" when it comes to dating. There shouldn't be any. Be yourself and do what you feel is right.

Oh, as far as the topic question - I'd prefer to be pursued but it is very rare. For some reason women expect this out of men which is something I don't get.
There are no rules. Too many people put "rules and regulations" when it comes to dating. If you like or are interested in someone then go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
the game is complicated at any age, i feel like it would be less a game as people become older and dont have time to waste playing them
This is my problem with dating. I don't play games of any kind. Either you're interested or you're not, it's quite simple. It's also probably why I am still single.

Old 01-28-2012, 02:43 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,398,152 times
not really, i dont think girls need to play ridiculous games

Old 01-28-2012, 03:05 PM

391 posts, read 688,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyturquoise View Post
Being a single woman and a little on the shy side, I have seen that some guys prefer women who are openly flirty with them who pursue the guys, and the funny thing is at the end, these women get the guys... and the nice, old school, traditional girls wait for the man to pursue them , dont get pursued and are still waiting for real men to show up....Guys...please tell me...do you feel that a man should pursue the woman, or is it more attractive if the woman pursues you????
thanks
I like a situation in which mutual pursuit exists.

It gives me a clear notion that she is actually interested
and that I'm not wasting time.

You don't have to be overly aggressive about it... simple
things like a call on the weekend suggesting dinner is enough.
We can decide on where together or if she has a place in mind
I'm cool with that too.

Where is this woman? :-)

Old 01-28-2012, 06:20 PM

1,250 posts, read 2,158,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
Having grown wily in my free and wild status, the astute hunting lady would require great skills. I spurn the obvious bear traps and use of baits. Instead the gal would have to pursue me with stealth and cunning. You do not get the age I am uncaught with out knowing the common hunting attempts. No riding around in a vehicle hoping to pot me from the roadside. No seeing me at the standard waterholes. No, you need to track me through the deep unsullied wilds.

Once you have spotted me you well need extreme cunning to bag me. Trophy males are not easily got. But once stuffed and than mounted, the joy of the hunt will have been worth your while.
hahahahahahahahahaaaahaahahaahahahahahhhahaha

Holy Dang, man. I hope you mean this to be satire.

(stuffed and mounted, yeah, okay, sure)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships