Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2010, 10:31 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Poor woman - I wonder if the mere fact that she fawned over a puppy relegated her to lonely spinster status in your eyes, ever crossed her mind.
from the many i have known, you are right-- they dont have a clue, the ability of the human mind to divorce itself from the emotional self is frightening.
"ran" the kurasawa film-- comes to mind.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 08-12-2010 at 11:38 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2010, 10:36 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,204,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris245 View Post
Your right....what do you want me to improve since you consider yourself to be a good example?
You can start here.

BTW I am not a good example. I am just old.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:40 AM

283 posts, read 458,655 times
Your right....what do you want me to improve since you consider yourself to be a good example?

Old 08-12-2010, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
You can start here.

BTW I am not a good example. I am just old.
remind me of my dad and his spiritual books.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:49 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Quote:
No once again. Your thinking is simplistic, your writing is horrendous. I am amazed that it corresponds to College level material. There must have been a lowering of standards.

Some people hate successful people, some do not. Those that do can be successful themselves, some are not. I dislike some successful people because their wealth has brought out their self destructive natures. Some for arrogance and some for elitist attitudes. I like some successful people because they have genuine humility and kindness to their fellow man.

We are all essentially lonely since our minds can only contact other minds through our senses. Communication is often less than perfect to convey what we really want and feel.

Your studies are incomplete if you feel math, biology and psychology can explain human nature. You need to look up the Philosophers and root through the various camps. Perhaps than you will stop thinking that you know what other people want before getting to know them.

The amount of Logical fallacies displayed is rather sad.
how does this relate to the topic? why does he need to "look up philosophers? btw read your profile, its blank.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
how does this relate to the topic? why does he need to "look up philosophers? btw read your profile, its blank.
It relates to the OP, since he claims to know why successful women (people) struggle in relationships. Since his knowledge of human motivations seems to be lacking. I suggested he study some of the great minds that have thought on these things for generations.

My profile is blank? Must be an oversight of some sort.

Quote:
remind me of my dad and his spiritual books.
Good material in the spiritual books when it comes to human understanding. Read as many as you can. Some may be hard to get through but they will increase your understanding.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:04 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
Quote:
Why do successful women struggle in with relationships?
Only you say successful women struggle with relationships.

Alas, child, you are wrong.

When you get your premise correct, let us know.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
Only you say successful women struggle with relationships.

Alas, child, you are wrong.

When you get your premise correct, let us know.
Explain why. its too easy to say you are wrong I'm wrong prove me i'm wrong.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Explain why. its too easy to say you are wrong I'm wrong prove me i'm wrong.
Aviene may have her own rebuttal, but proving you are wrong is simple. All it takes is to have one successful woman that does not struggle in her relationship. Two or more of these women would shred your argument. That is because it is a generality.

Now if you had started with "why are so many successful women struggling to have a good relationship?", it may be open to discussion. However, than the question comes up, where is the study that gives the numbers? *Such an such a poll of top level professional women claims 65% to be struggling to have good relationships.*

Therefore you would have to say in your experience successful women are struggling in relationships. Harder to disprove an observation. All people could then argue about is if whether your experience and interpretation of it is valid. I believe one poster did this when talking about some successful gals he knew in SF exhibiting relationship problems.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:42 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
Quote:
Aviene may have her own rebuttal, but proving you are wrong is simple. All it takes is to have one successful woman that does not struggle in her relationship. Two or more of these women would shred your argument. That is because it is a generality.

Now if you had started with "why are so many successful women struggling to have a good relationship?", it may be open to discussion. However, than the question comes up, where is the study that gives the numbers? *Such an such a poll of top level professional women claims 65% to be struggling to have good relationships.*

Therefore you would have to say in your experience successful women are struggling in relationships. Harder to disprove an observation. All people could then argue about is if whether your experience and interpretation of it is valid. I believe one poster did this when talking about some successful gals he knew in SF exhibiting relationship problems.
Thank you, Matt. You touched upon everything I would have covered.

Generalizations suck, Chris. If you haven't figured that out by now, that's your problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships