Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 11:43 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,198,385 times

Advertisements

Going with the question of "Why Successful Women struggle to have good relationships" (sic)? Not knowing how common this is but I will venture to apply some logic based on human interactions.

If Successful woman treat men they wish to have a relationship with as they would an employee or servant, there will be problems. If they play class warfare games where the man needs to be of higher class or her equal (her defining these terms), there will be problems. If they do not divorce their jobs from their family life, there we be problems. If they value success as having material things, there will be problems.

Perhaps some woman have not learned what successful men have long known. You do not use the same methods to succeed at your career as you do to have a good relationship. Totally different skills used. But this is all speculation since I do not know if the premise of the question is accurate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 12:42 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,308,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smel View Post
Also, some posters keep talking about women's looks fading. I don't know where you have traveled in the US, but look at older men. Their looks fade too. Balding, large guts, pants below their guts, wrinkles, jowls, bags under their eyes, and hair growing from places hair was not meant to grow, these are all common as men age. So, looks are not going to last no matter what sex you are. Hopefully, men and women can find someone to love them for who they are, not what they look like.

So, so true! And don't forget the fashion faux pas' older men make all the time that are so embarrassing - like wearing black dress socks with sandals or combing that hair over - ugh!

Old 08-10-2010, 12:51 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,085,193 times
Default Why do successful women struggle in with relationships?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
No offense Chris, but I think you have way too much time on your hands, lol!!
I second this comment. Chris, you over analyze this whole think. Just ask a lady out and don't try to compete with her...

Old 08-10-2010, 06:08 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,312,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
I second this comment. Chris, you over analyze this whole think. Just ask a lady out and don't try to compete with her...

Good post. Part of Chris's problem is he is only 20. Imagine taking relationship advice from him. Someone has to actually have had a relationship to dispense advice. Also, for him to claim that he knows what women are all about is ridiculous.

Old 08-10-2010, 06:21 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,692,882 times
It's a common phenomenon that teenagers and young adults think they know it all. They simply don't know what they don't know.

They will look back in time and realise they knew nothing and that as they have become older they know even less.

I don't find the posts of young people quite as offensive and irritating as the posts of people who should know better.

Old 08-10-2010, 06:23 PM

19,045 posts, read 25,112,737 times
Quote:
Good post. Part of Chris's problem is he is only 20. Imagine taking relationship advice from him. Someone has to actually have had a relationship to dispense advice. Also, for him to claim that he knows what women are all about is ridiculous.
I want to know what experience a 20-yr-old has with successful women. And how is this success determined? I'm guessing it's anecdotal in nature, as most sharing tends to go, but not even that. They're anecdotes from the boob tube and internet. So, not only is much of this junk thrice removed, but often fiction. Strange times, I tell ya.

Old 08-10-2010, 06:23 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,916,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
I don't find the posts of young people quite as offensive and irritating as the posts of people who should know better.
Hey, it's not my fault I'm Capricorn. We're supposed to grow younger.

Old 08-10-2010, 07:50 PM

283 posts, read 457,441 times
Quote:
Since when should my age be a problem. I understand relationships better than you do actually. Why? I'm not seeking advice you are seeking mine by posting in this thread. Figuring out women isn't that hard once you know where to look for answers (no not Wikipedia, Its called Psychology and Sociological studies).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I want to know what experience a 20-yr-old has with successful women. And how is this success determined? I'm guessing it's anecdotal in nature, as most sharing tends to go, but not even that. They're anecdotes from the boob tube and internet. So, not only is much of this junk thrice removed, but often fiction. Strange times, I tell ya.
I want to know what experience a 20-yr-old has with successful women. Well a 30 year old woman who was a close friend of my cousin who works in a bank asked me. "Can we go to your apartment, did you park your car in front of the house?" (the way she looked at me and her tone of voice its was a clear sex invitation) + (I made her laugh for two hours) And I showed how to dance salsa to a co-worker of my cousin who is also around that age - She was with a guy and she preferred my company to the guy (older than me) she brought to accompany her. All these things during 2 different parties. My cousin is a Single Mom and has 3 daughters.

Boyfriend no boyfriend I get the girl.

I grew up around adults pal. If you don't know what success mean you should go back to school.

Old 08-10-2010, 07:58 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,797,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris245 View Post
Since when should my age be a problem. I understand relationships better than you do actually. Why? I'm not seeking advice you are seeking mine by posting in this thread. Figuring out women isn't that hard once you know where to look for answers (no not Wikipedia, Its called Psychology and Sociological studies).

I want to know what experience a 20-yr-old has with successful women. Well a 30 year old woman who was a close friend of my cousin who works in a bank asked me. "Can we go to your apartment, did you park your car in front of the house?" (the way she looked at me and her tone of voice its was a clear sex invitation) + (I made her laugh for two hours) And I showed how to dance salsa to a co-worker of my cousin who is also around that age - She was with a guy and she preferred my company to the guy (older than me) she brought to accompany her. All these things during 2 different parties. My cousin is a Single Mom and has 3 daughters.

Boyfriend no boyfriend I get the girl.

I grew up around adults pal. If you don't know what success mean you should go back to school.

I said it in the other thread, and I'll say it here. There is something so glaringly obvious to "those in the know" that you are leaving out. And once you realize it, you're going to feel a little silly about some of the things you've posted, here.

Make no assumptions about what I'm saying, please; that will get you nowhere. Once you get it, it will be like a truck hit ya.

Old 08-10-2010, 08:07 PM

44,257 posts, read 64,056,257 times
Quote:
How would a man not feel needed in a relationship? It is impossible to have a relationship alone, so obviously the man is needed. If you only want to feel needed for financial reasons, then how do you know the woman is not after you just for your money? Surely you want to feel needed because the woman finds you attractive, likes your company, and just wants to be with you. That should be much more flattering than a woman who wants to be with you because you make a lot of money, drive a fancy car, or live in a mansion. If a rich man was all that was required, all women would go after much older men. Also, do you exchange resumes or something when you start going out? How do you know how much someone makes or how successful they are unless they brag? Most people just know who they like when they meet them. They might not know anything about them, except that they have chemistry with them. I didn't know that a relationship had job requirements.
That is a darn good question. And one of my female friends said this to her (now ex) boyfriend who had complained to her that it bothered him that she could take care of herself and didn't really NEED him.

She said (and I paraphrase), "Doesn't that make it even more special that I WANT to be with you and that I'm with you because I WANT you and not because I NEED you?"

The answer was a resounding NO.

Replay this conversation a couple dozen times...apparently, this conversation is had more often than we all realize.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships