U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-10-2010, 07:10 PM

3,622 posts, read 2,710,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
So unsuccessful women are all married and happy? I never got THAT memo.
Yep, that's news to me as well, lol!
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris245 View Post
I support your opinion. Come to think of it back in my early college years I met a girl who was my ideal woman - strong (fit) - confident - sexually experienced - Beautiful (she was Italian) , I never had a girlfriend so basically I was clingy and insecure when I started to date her.
So what is successful to you? Beauty, sexual experience, fitness, confidence? Because when I first opened this thread the picture I had in my mind was a woman who made it in the corporate world and had a corner office with a view. I think most men would be happy to go for a girl like you described.

And if she is what you are thinking, she dumped you...so who is struggling???

Old 08-10-2010, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
achievement means very little to most men. to me, that is the point.

beauty, integrity, taste, class, are not achievements. they are desirable qualities, among many others.

having so-and-so degree, making $X per year, owning a house, being "well-off", those are achievements. I believe that some men are threatened by them, but for most men they are neutral qualities. when you start talking about very high-achieving women, though, there's more risk of intimidating men with those achievements, and an aggressive (negative) attitude is often a package deal with a high-achieving woman.
This guy understands women. (I'm assuming you are a guy)

Old 08-10-2010, 07:22 PM

18,995 posts, read 11,159,794 times
Quote:
I want to know what experience a 20-yr-old has with successful women. Well a 30 year old woman who was a close friend of my cousin who works in a bank asked me. "Can we go to your apartment, did you park your car in front of the house?" (the way she looked at me and her tone of voice its was a clear sex invitation) + (I made her laugh for two hours) And I showed how to dance salsa to a co-worker of my cousin who is also around that age - She was with a guy and she preferred my company to the guy (older than me) she brought to accompany her. All these things during 2 different parties. My cousin is a Single Mom and has 3 daughters.
So, two people that know cousins of yours are some how representative of women at large? I suppose you would think so, given that you don't know any better. But...ahhh, she works at a bank lol.

Quote:
Boyfriend no boyfriend I get the girl.

I grew up around adults pal. If you don't know what success mean you should go back to school.
Well, I have my opinions of what I consider successful in a rainbow of arenas; from professional, academic, artistic to lifestyle success. You toting that you have a mommy, daddy, and a cousin, doesn't really give much of a clue as to what you consider a successful woman.

Old 08-10-2010, 07:25 PM

Quote:
I support your opinion. Come to think of it back in my early college years...
I just saw this. Back in your early college years? What, are you Doogie Houser?

Old 08-10-2010, 07:35 PM

3,625 posts, read 2,630,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I just choked on an ice cube. LOL!!

Old 08-10-2010, 07:35 PM

1,561 posts, read 1,054,625 times
Quote:
... what you consider a successful woman.
Might be a good question for a different thread.

Hmmm... what do you consider to be a successful woman? Have not put much thought into it. But I would hazard to say that it takes a older gal that looks back on her life and was mostly comfortable with her life choices. Whether that was making it to the top of a Corporation or being a stay at home mom that raised some really great kids (or perhaps a combination of both?). The saying used to be, "Behind every successful man is a good woman pushing him".

Perhaps behind every successful woman is a good man as well.

Oh well enough musing.

Old 08-10-2010, 07:43 PM

1,804 posts, read 2,073,049 times
I think successful women struggle because they're used to having power in their careers but being that they don't have a "peepee" it doesn't translate to the bedroom. So they feel awkward, juggling their roles. The same can be true for unsuccessful men and successful women. Just look at Jessie James and Sandra Bullock...he couldn't handle her success and he, therefore, sabotaged their relationship.

Last edited by Jay100; 08-10-2010 at 08:09 PM..

Old 08-10-2010, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
Might be a good question for a different thread.
Well, given that the thread title includes "successful woman", it's a reasonable inquiry to make sure the OP and his readers are on the same page, imo.

Quote:
Hmmm... what do you consider to be a successful woman? Have not put much thought into it. But I would hazard to say that it takes a older gal that looks back on her life and was mostly comfortable with her life choices. Whether that was making it to the top of a Corporation or being a stay at home mom that raised some really great kids (or perhaps a combination of both?). The saying used to be, "Behind every successful man is a good woman pushing him".

Perhaps behind every successful woman is a good man as well.

Oh well enough musing.
I pretty much agree, tho, outside mommy, these women aren't usually hanging out with post teens.

Old 08-10-2010, 08:01 PM

17,400 posts, read 15,902,318 times
Quote:
Hahahahaha!!! That was just too funny!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships