Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 08:54 PM

283 posts, read 458,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smel View Post
Yes, I think you have been through enough trauma to last a lifetime, and I am very glad that you are ok. This thread just makes many generalizations that I believe you will not support as you grow older and gain more experience. I hope you find a girl to love you for who you are. Good luck in college, I went through exactly what you are going through in school. It is a fun, learning experience that will teach you many things both in the classroom and out of it.
I'm not worried about my dating life. I'm actually delaying it on purpose by focusing on my studies.

If you think that spilling my guts on this forum is embarasing, try passing a day at work wearing a 12 month baby diaper taped around your jeans for a whole day.

So let go back to the thread if you don't mind

Why do successfuk women struggle with relationships?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 08:58 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris245 View Post
A successful woman/man for me is someone who has comfort in her/his life.
Then the premise of your OP makes no sense. How can a person that has comfort in her/his life be faced with such struggles? I suppose a masochist might find comfort there, but for non-masochists, the descriptor doesn't cut it. Second, you go on to note careers in the OP, and I hate to break it to you, but you're simply not exposed to career women as a 20-yr-old student. You will be, someday, if you chose a decent major.

Quote:
I'm in college, I'm going to university after I'm done. All the people I meet, I analyse their behavior without passing any judgement. I use Critical thinking, my experience, Biology, Psychology and Sociology to predict behaviors.

Its like using mathematics to calculate how fast is an object gonna travel in the air if I throw it a specific speed.
No, it's not. Not by any stretch of the imagination. There are no human behavior variables that can fit into a simple equation to predict anything with certainty. What you're saying is so ignorant that it's difficult to address.

Quote:
Human behavior can be predicted using the same principles (Biology, Psychology and Sociology). I've managed to compartmentalize my emotions so I can basically have a normal conversation and keep in control of every single action I do and analyse behavior and body language at the same time.
Again, no, it can not. In reality, none of this extends outside your own head. You are simply too inexperienced and undereducated to know any better. To think you can fathom the experience of another via psych 101 pop psychobabble classes is reproachable.

Quote:
So tell me Braunwyn what is your definition of a successful woman? and How old are you?
As stated, the definition is dependent upon context. I will agree that success, imo, includes contentment. As far as careers/work goes - a successful scientist, artist, mom, gardener, physician, etc will relish her work and the benefits it provides her community. I suppose money can play a role for some, but not for all. Successful women, ime, exhibit class, are typically educated (formally or informally), and satiated. But, my understanding of the terms doesn't really matter. It's your interpetation that is in question. And according to your first sentence in this response, it doesn't gell with your OP. That's for you to work out.

I'm in my 30's - married, career, the whole ball of wax.

Old 08-10-2010, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Then the premise of your OP makes no sense. How can a person that has comfort in her/his life be faced with such struggles? I suppose a masochist might find comfort there, but for non-masochists, the descriptor doesn't cut it. Second, you go on to note careers in the OP, and I hate to break it to you, but you're simply not exposed to career women as a 20-yr-old student. You will be, someday, if you chose a decent major.

No, it's not. Not by any stretch of the imagination. There are no human behavior variables that can fit into a simple equation to predict anything with certainty. What you're saying is so ignorant that it's difficult to address.

Again, no, it can not. In reality, none of this extends outside your own head. You are simply too inexperienced undereducated to know any better. To think you can fathom the experience of another via psych 101 pop psychobabble classes is reproachable.

As stated, the definition is dependent upon context. I will agree that success, imo, includes contentment. As far as careers/work goes - a successful scientist, artist, mom, gardener, physician, etc will relish her work and the benefits it provides her community. I suppose money can play a role for some, but not for all. Successful women, ime, exhibit class, are typically educated (formally or informally), and satiated. But, my understanding of the terms doesn't really matter. It's your interpetation that is in question. And according to your first sentence in this response, it doesn't gell with your OP. That's for you to work out.

I'm in my 30's - married, career, the whole ball of wax.
your a nobody. and thats basically it.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:01 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,815,237 times
Quote:
Whoa. Where did that come from?!

Old 08-10-2010, 09:06 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy14 View Post
Whoa. Where did that come from?!
I figure two possibilities here- 1. a knee-jerk response of the child that wandered outside the safety zone of his sand box or 2. vast experience that lends to an unknown face of maturity...in the vein of the emperor that wears no clothes.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:14 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,684,894 times
Quote:
What are you, 12?

Old 08-10-2010, 09:18 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,319,416 times
Quote:
Ahh Chris, now you have shown your maturity level. When someone disagrees with you, that does not make them a nobody. When I disagreed with you, you told me about your illness knowing sympathy would make me be kind. Now, you have lashed out in anger, and that is not the way to have a reasonable debate. If you truly want to discuss your OP, you have to be prepared for people to disagree with you. Don't ruin your own thread in anger.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:27 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,815,237 times
Quote:
Ahh Chris, now you have shown your maturity level. When someone disagrees with you, that does not make them a nobody. When I disagreed with you, you told me about your illness knowing sympathy would make me be kind. Now, you have lashed out in anger, and that is not the way to have a reasonable debate. If you truly want to discuss your OP, you have to be prepared for people to disagree with you. Don't ruin your own thread in anger.
I tried to rep you for this... but couldn't. So I am just going to sit here and nod in approval.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:27 PM

Quote:
That not debunking an argument thats called a personal attack and thats a fallacy. I replied to the attack and shall quote why its a personal attack

"Again, no, it can not. In reality, none of this extends outside your own head. You are simply too inexperienced undereducated to know any better. To think you can fathom the experience of another via psych 101 pop psychobabble classes is reproachable."

Your not attacking my argument your attacking my credibility.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:32 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,319,416 times
Quote:
That not debunking an argument thats called a personal attack and thats a fallacy. I replied to the attack and shall quote why its a personal attack

"Again, no, it can not. In reality, none of this extends outside your own head. You are simply too inexperienced undereducated to know any better. To think you can fathom the experience of another via psych 101 pop psychobabble classes is reproachable."

Your not attacking my argument your attacking my credibility.

No, she was explaining why she does not accept your premise. You, on the other hand, dismissed her without any thought at all. Calling a woman who has a career, family, and life experience a nobody is not the way to prove your point. It just helped her point and hurt yours. Next time keep you temper in check, and more people will be willing to consider your opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships