U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-09-2010, 11:26 AM

283 posts, read 264,348 times
Default Why do successful women struggle in with relationships?

Why do successful women struggle in with relationships? I've been wondering this myself for a while I though at first before doing any research maybe women really are right and that most men have become emasculated and that only a few extremely powerful and truly masculine men could date those type of women.

Ex: Abby in the ugly truth in the restaurant with a guy, when she ordered some specific kind of water and the guy ordered scotch (I laughed for 2 hours on that scene + my cousin who was watching that scene didn't understand what was going on). The ugly truth makes a clear and yet funny depiction of What a control freak is.

I later discovered that it is because. Those women have highly successful careers consequently they have a strong confidence and busy schedules. Therefore these women have lots and lots of masculine energy, meaning they are able to take a direct step towards what they want without having to think about the emotional consequences of such and such an action. Female energy is more like the power to be nurturing, to think intuitively and act upon the intuition in order to heal an emotional state. From what I could understand from this phenomenon is that women these successful women actually try out their acquired skills in the dating world, where they seem to make men flee after some months of dating. I compared this with the way I approach women and frankly I do that talk about my aspirations in life show by talking how successful I am, how successful I'm gonna be. Result : I get immediate interest from women (but no attraction). In other words i'm telling the woman that I'm talking to I have high expectation and I know where I'm going. I was thinking after that what would happen if a woman actually approached and talked to me the way I talked to her. I would tell her how impressive her "status" is and praise her for that (I won't feel more attracted to her because of status - I could only feel intimidated is she emphasized on how superior she is to me.)

Basically creating interest is not creating attraction. From that conclusion I changed my approach with the woman I was talking to and started cracking up jokes that I didn't laugh but she did, teasing her, basically flirting with her. I got Attraction going on.

Successful women have to know how to make the difference with interest and attraction like men. I think that this difference in the way women confuse interest with attraction is why successful women fail with men. They have careers and confidence. I believe that a nice guy (more nurturing) is more likely to be attracted to those trait that a Strong and mature man.

In summary a man needs to feel that he is needed in order to feel attraction. Successful women don't need me for financial support so basically they need a man for emotional support and sex. I don't know many men who are emotional except a guy a knew in high school who cried and two gay friends.

Do you have any thoughts on the Issues?? Why do successful women struggle in with relationships?
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2010, 11:27 AM

44,301 posts, read 54,771,183 times
No offense Chris, but I think you have way too much time on your hands, lol!!

Old 08-09-2010, 11:28 AM

1,147 posts, read 903,666 times
Struggle in where?

Old 08-09-2010, 11:29 AM

3,261 posts, read 2,812,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
No offense Chris, but I think you have way too much time on your hands, lol!!
You mean you actually read it?

Old 08-09-2010, 11:32 AM

1,301 posts, read 1,516,528 times
Uhhmm, what's having water instead of scotch has anything to do with anything? Why do you keep making threads about women and then babble on answering your own question?

Old 08-09-2010, 11:40 AM

5,148 posts, read 1,686,626 times
People think too much. And sadly, it's never about anything concrete.

Old 08-09-2010, 12:06 PM

11,048 posts, read 10,900,577 times
Ok, what is the issue? Relationships are sometimes a struggle.
Women that can order for themselves are sucessful? Women are control freaks if they drink fancy water?

Old 08-09-2010, 12:06 PM

4,838 posts, read 5,019,001 times
"Successful" women have even a greater problem than men who have worked long and hard to establish themselves in a career.

The are both out of touch with who is single.

They are both more likely than not to be fading in physical attractiveness.

They are both quite busy and there are other drawbacks they both share.

However women also have the problem of wanting someone who is "better" than them and nearly all such men are no longer interested. There is also a problem that such women are not particularly "motherly", for lack of a better term. Men still want a family and don't see such women as good prospects.

Men don't have any of the drawbacks listed in the last paragraph but still can have problems if they are determined to find the right woman. However, if they don't, few will be as critical as the girlfriends and co-workers of such women.

Old 08-09-2010, 12:33 PM

7 posts, read 6,481 times
This post and its threads have totally past over this woman's head....who's on first??

Old 08-09-2010, 12:36 PM

17,652 posts, read 16,455,542 times
We all struggle with relationships. Half the men and half the women in this world are just plain old crazy.

Trick is to find the right half.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships