Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 04:30 PM

406 posts, read 580,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefetio View Post
uh, not quite

I've known quite a few women who've been rejected

and boy o boy, do they go ballistic

Very true. Most don't handle it well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2011, 04:39 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,674,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hose111 View Post
I would love to be asked out....llol no woman has the balls!
Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post
Exactly!
Maybe women just aren't attracted to you.

Old 07-19-2011, 09:40 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,011,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin070388 View Post
If Megan Fox made the first move on you, I doubt you'd turn her down. If not Fox, then whatever female celebrity you like.
There is no fun in pursuing. Fortunately, I can get away with not doing that.
Not necessarily; It would be like a trophy fish jumping into my boat, denying me the challenge of catching it.

On the other hand, if she knew she would succumb anyway – because my charm is so infectious and my appeal so strong -- and wanted to just cut to the chase, that would be understandable.

So there may be a case for it if the woman knows I want her and she wants me as well. We could find other “hunting” games to play thereafter.

Old 07-19-2011, 11:13 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
I've asked guys out before. It usually doesn't go well

They either act like a deer in the headlights, or they think I'm desperate and can't get a man to ask me out.

Old 07-19-2011, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post

They either act like a deer in the headlights, or they think I'm desperate and can't get a man to ask me out.

Then you need to focus on the men you're asking out. That's likely the problem.

Quote:
Not necessarily; It would be like a trophy fish jumping into my boat, denying me the challenge of catching it.

You're funny, boi. If the woman you have the biggest crush on asked you out, you're not turning her down. If Adriana Lima was single and asked me out, I sure as hell am not saying no.

Old 07-19-2011, 11:35 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times
Quote:

It is still rare to have a woman dare herself to ask a man out (not her husband, boyfriend, or long time date). So you'll get those reactions from women/men alike.

The day when women asking men out is as common as the other way around, nobody will really be shocked, uncomfortable, etc.

Old 07-19-2011, 11:47 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:

I've asked out big tattooed biker guys, business men wearing suit and ties, hipsters, even a clam fisherman once. Perhaps I'm just not attractive enough? Who knows? It's no skin off my back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
It is still rare to have a woman dare herself to ask a man out (not her husband, boyfriend, or long time date). So you'll get those reactions from women/men alike.

The day when women asking men out is as common as the other way around, nobody will really be shocked, uncomfortable, etc.
I agree. Hopefully that day will come soon

Old 07-19-2011, 11:50 AM

Quote:
I've asked out big tattooed biker guys, business men wearing suit and ties, hipsters, even a clam fisherman once. Perhaps I'm just not attractive enough? Who knows? It's no skin off my back.

I don't know what you look like. If the guy finds you attractive, you asking them out won't be a turn off.

Old 07-19-2011, 12:35 PM

133 posts, read 330,844 times
I don't see what the big deal is. If you're both hitting it off and the guy is shy, or if he just doesn't get it, then go for it. Yeah some of us men lack common sense, and stuff does go over our heads. I know it's happened to me more than once!

One of my best friends hit it off with this girl at a country-western bar we used to frequent. He is shy beyond belief, is a very good-looking guy, and has a great job. She came up to him, talked to him, they hit it off, and she asked HIM out. They've been together for 15 years, married for 12 of those years, with 2 kids! If she hadn't asked him out, he'd still be single, I can assure you of that.

Old 07-19-2011, 01:59 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
No, that's not the problem. The whole unnatural premise of doing that is the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships