Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 10:45 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KongAtTheGates View Post
Drunk people can be violent when provoked. News at 11.
News flash. Drunk people can be violent regardless of being provoked. Drunk people often provoke violence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2010, 10:49 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,894,600 times
Before or after he awoke to find out he was knocked out after being hit with a blunt object.
Before or after the police arrived for the domestic violence incident and his medical treatment.

Wife needs to address this ASAP. It's always good to put a little fear into him. I won't say what I would have done but let's say............................he would have been scared straight, no discussion needed.

Old 08-28-2010, 10:32 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,547,001 times
WTH is with all the people saying they'd kill/maim someone over a slap? Weird.

Old 08-28-2010, 10:34 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
lots of guys go to jail for less.
your uncle is a breath away.

Old 08-28-2010, 12:17 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,306 posts, read 8,652,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsy View Post
Called the cops, had him arrested, and been at my lawyer's office when it opened the next morning.

I don't give second chances when it comes to that.
absolutley right, any man that would hit his wife, is no man just a punk

Old 08-28-2010, 05:47 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,322,950 times
I think this situation is not cut and dry. I can tell u what I would do- I would call the police, but I don't have anything invested. I mean who is the primary bread winner? If he is arrested then who is going to pay the bills? Are there children involved? What kind of a slap was it- I mean did he leave a hand print? Maybe this is an isolated incident? I know it may not be "PC" but the guy was drunk and that may not have been the best time to discuss not coming home drunk again. Furthermore, a lot of women don't leave because of a slap and couples fight and stay together all the time. What if the situation were reverse and it were a woman slapping a man?? Every person that finds themselves in such a God awful position must decide. I am not quick to make a judgement.

Old 08-28-2010, 06:01 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
I think this situation is not cut and dry. I can tell u what I would do- I would call the police, but I don't have anything invested. I mean who is the primary bread winner? If he is arrested then who is going to pay the bills? Are there children involved? What kind of a slap was it- I mean did he leave a hand print? Maybe this is an isolated incident? I know it may not be "PC" but the guy was drunk and that may not have been the best time to discuss not coming home drunk again. Furthermore, a lot of women don't leave because of a slap and couples fight and stay together all the time. What if the situation were reverse and it were a woman slapping a man?? Every person that finds themselves in such a God awful position must decide. I am not quick to make a judgement.
I think this is a good post. While it doesn't appear to be PC, it really is more of an indicator of real life.

Couple get heated, and they both know how to push each others buttons.

I don't advocate violence, obviously, no one would.

Old 08-28-2010, 07:25 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
This would be tough. A decision to call the police should be coupled with divorce. If divorce isn't an absolute, then I don't know. I'd definitely call his mother for advice.

Old 08-28-2010, 08:22 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,161,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
WTH is with all the people saying they'd kill/maim someone over a slap? Weird.
Yeah, they're creepy and disturbing, ya know?

Old 08-28-2010, 11:48 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,812,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
It would still be zero tolerance in my book. So yes I'm strict in that area.... one single act of violence or threatening gestures on me and it's the last time he'll ever hear from me. Even if he was the breadwinner or was rich, I would rather live poorly under a bridge than be with someone capable of hitting me under circumstance and worrying about when it'll happen again (which I can really careless, no excuse).
As for the roles reverse... he should leave her as well too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships