U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 09:01 PM

11,997 posts, read 11,366,606 times

How many times has the alcohol factor been mentioned in the other thread.

Now make my night and tell me you don't get that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
Read above at the responses to my question. You see I am not the only one who thinks this way. IF a woman (which usually the man makes the first moves) happens to make a gesture to make a first move on you and give out their number then it doesn't mean that you don't call them...2 + 2 = 4 I don't get how this is not logical for you to call a woman who gives you a phone number. I also don't see how it's right for a woman who does give you their number to hate the fact that you tried using it. What are you not getting about this whole concept virgode? Are you a man or a woman?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2010, 09:11 PM

3,620 posts, read 2,521,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Go to the store and buy some extra large condoms.

LOL....sounds like a plan....maybe next time I'll pretend to drop them on the ground so the girl can see them after they hand me their personal info and that way if they don't remember what a fun time we had talking at the bar that night then they defiantly will remember those Extra Large condoms...lol and respond to me....not all of them did respond but a couple did and they acted all weird and that is what I can't understand about this whole thing.

1st girl: basically wrote her number down on a piece of paper for me

after I tried contacting her she basically said, "What, did you think it was going to go farther than a conversation at the bar?"

She was a bit*h

2nd girl: Told me where she worked and invited me out to her job to meet her once she got out of work on a Wednesday night at 6pm.

I went to her job, didn't see her there then I asked her manager if she was there, he said no she doesn't work today.

3rd girl: took my phone away from me and entered her number and name in it and told me to call her later and before I left the bar she invited me to her birthday party the next day.

I call her for directions the next day just so we could talk for a minute. I got up there and didnt see her there, waited for an hour or so, called her phone and no answer so I headed home. She called me later asking where I was and I told her I already got home because I didnt see her and she wanted to make plans for the next week so when that came around I went to the bar where I usually go where we were supposed to meet and she never showed that night, so that was it for me..no games

4th girl: kept looking over me at the karaoke bar as she was singing on stage and ended up taking pictures with me and then we chatted for a long time, she wrote her facebook account on a napkin and told me to message her and and she was rubbing on my arm and thigh and later I offered to walk her to her car. She said no thank you, so I said have a good night and I had fun with you, she said me too and don't forget to write me later.

So I write her and we exchanged numbers over facebook...I talked to her on the phone the next day after that and she was at her volunteer job or whatever so I said just call me when you are free ok. She said ok...I waited for about 3 days then I got no response so I message her on facebook and ask how she was doing and to call me anytime so she didnt respond for a couple of days at all, so I just said screw it and erased her off my list...tired of games...she messaged me out of the blue one day and said keep in contact with me and asked what I was up to. I responded and told her I would and asked how her week went and then she called me the next day and I was sick with the flu the last 2 or 3 days before this but she called and wanted to know if I wanted to go out tonight, I said I couldnt and by my voice she said you sound like you are sick..I said I am and I wish I could do something but I cant really even walk to my mailbox right now because I feel so bad....she said ok and I said I'll call you back so we can set up another date sometime....so a few days later I called and she answered saying she was busy at the volunteer thing again so I said I'll message you ok, i don't want to bother you while you're up there..she says ok that sounds good..so I message her and tell her to give me a call back when she is not busy so we can plan something, have a nice day yada yada...she never responds..so I just wait for a few more day and no response so I let her go because I don't wanna bother anyone or push anything if she feels pushed. If she wants to talk my phone number and facebook are in her possession but it's been a couple months so I doubt she wants to.

5th girl: She kept looking over at me with her sister at the bar as me and my brother played pool, my brother goes to take a leak and passes by them...about 20 minutes later they come to sit by us and we asked if they play pool or not..they said they just like watching....so after we were done playing we sit next to them..I asked where the one girl was from, she said Florida..I said I am too and we talked for about an hour about different things....I offer her some information about the oil spill and some websites for info about some chemicals they are putting in the water in the gulf because she mentioned she was afraid that her family that lived in the keys was going to be affected..so I jot some info down and give it to her ...she ten says, you know what, here is my number and gives it to me on a napkin...so I told her that I also put in my facebook page on that paper I gave her about the oil info....and she says oh cool,....so we talked for another 30-40 minutes after that and she had a big grin on her face the whole time...and her sister and my brother were off doing their own thing the whole time..so her sister comes over and says that it's getting late (2am) we need to get going because I have to be at work in the morning...so the 2 sisters hug me and my brother and they go on their way.....

I call her 2 days later, no answer so I left a short, nice, message to her....no reply so I didn't bother her because she had my facebook account info to find me if she wanted to so I never called her back because of my previous experiences and the games people play

The End...

This is the main points that I am bringing up as a rough draft off of the top of my mind so forgive the grammar and sentence structures....

Old 08-12-2010, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post

How many times has the alcohol factor been mentioned in the other thread.

Now make my night and tell me you don't get that.

Can you add up the amount of beers that everyone drank in each story? I doubt it because I didn't mention that, however I did mention that when I go out I don't have a lot of money to drink and I go to bars basically to have fun and just socialize with people.Why does everyone think that anytime you mention a bar that everyone is hammer-smashed when they go as if everyone is a drunk? This is what I mean when I say people make too many assumptions on city-data..At no point have I said that I drank this or that many beers or even any beers

Old 08-12-2010, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Hey Razor Rob,

If I wanted a guy to call me, I would do exactly what the woman you described did. I wouldn't think of touching a man and giving my number unless I wanted him to give me his number.

Thank you Theliberalvoice....they should change your name to the logical voice...lol..jk...but anyways...some people assume that since these things keep happening that it must be me that is the fault, but at the same time no one on here knows me. There is obviously a reason that these girls are smiling and laughing at me like my friends do. I think it's a bad string of luck. If the naysayers knew me in real life you would say that I am an easy person to get along with and hansom..I'm not being cocky but people tell me that a lot. What about you, have you had guys do things that made no sense in your experience like these stories I'm telling?

Old 08-12-2010, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy14 View Post
The only advice I can give you is to leave a more confident message. Leave out the "If not, that's okay, bla bla bla" stuff." Just say "Hey, this is Rob, from the other night. I wanted to see if you want to get together for a drink or coffee, soon? Let me know, and I'll talk to you later. Goodbye."

The less said, the better, IMHO.

That might be something I do too much because I am think about if "they" are busy or if "they" are comfortable all the time when I talk to women or friends for that matter. Maybe the way I word stuff "should" change but it feels a little weird to change that part of myself, but I will give this some consideration for next time around. Thank you for your advice.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:33 PM

1,499 posts, read 1,238,486 times
Have you counted her teeth yet? We often mistake a tap on our wallet for a tap on our "basket". Any overtures by wayward women would need the scrutiny of a sober mind and
a flaccid member. is there a possibility that you are giving-in to the reflexive notion that because she touched your arm, that you are in love again? Don't be fooled, there are so
many women out there who're ready to embrace you and the hope that they have that you will be their meal ticket through the days to come. life is getting harder for all of us
here in America but if you feel fickle enough to believe that any prospective woman who "comes-on" to you is anything more than another soul, working their game on your hungry
expectation, you'll be the fool in the long run.

We often neglect to add the twos and twos and come up with the answer, often we hunger for someone to understand us, to "round us out" as it were, we flatter our deflated
personality by believing that there is no motive save love, the gentle encounter of a stroke upon our back, the pressing of flesh against our elbow. We've grown sick of seeing
Steve Carell scoring leg in the office, the proposition that we are just as qualified for a relationship as the television sets before us. We long to qualify as real people who live in this
surreal world of instant recognition, instant love, the realm of a collection of souls like Hannah Montana, Lady Gaga and Lebron James, status that in our hearts will never be reached,
not in our wildest dreams or in the flight path of a UFO, carrying our dreams and our children off to the networks.

We have no reassurance left for the concept that we may prosper in society, those avenues have narrowed to a dwindling trickle. We'll never find real happiness as long as we depend
upon others to provide that happiness. The one who reaches satisfaction is the same one who expects little in return, the one who has no expectation. They are the ones who also have no
disappointment, nothing ventured, nothing lost. I'm not wanting to rain on your parade but hoping that you'll come to see that all that glitters is not gold and that some woman has leaned
your way, is no reason to abandon your ability to evaluate her gesture, get a handle on her beyond her private parts. Decisions are a two-headed beast. Use the right head!

Old 08-12-2010, 09:35 PM

11,997 posts, read 11,366,606 times
Quote:
Can you add up the amount of beers that everyone drank in each story? I doubt it because I didn't mention that, however I did mention that when I go out I don't have a lot of money to drink and I go to bars basically to have fun and just socialize with people.Why does everyone think that anytime you mention a bar that everyone is hammer-smashed when they go as if everyone is a drunk? This is what I mean when I say people make too many assumptions on city-data..At no point have I said that I drank this or that many beers or even any beers
Alrighty then....you have a gift for attracting rude ..scheming liars because you're gullible and have sucker written across your forehead. Is that the answer you want?

Let me add this....the question isn't how much did you drink...and unless you're counting, I have my doubts you know how much the women who appoached you consumed.

Last edited by virgode; 08-12-2010 at 09:47 PM..

Old 08-12-2010, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Alrighty then....you have a gift for attracting rude ..scheming liars because you're gullible and have sucker written across your forehead. Is that the answer you want?
Have I been suckered? Hell yeah I have by the last girl who said she wanted to be with me and had sex with me so that I would stick around and help her with her bills and to get her daughter over here from Peru... I was suckered because I actually cared for her and her getting her daughter here and she took what started out as a dating thing then a relationship and turned it into something else after she knew some of the things I was willing to do for her to get her daughter over here.

I went as far as to put her on my car insurance when she lost her job and I felt bad because it was a friend of mine who was her manager that had to let her go because he had no more hours for her so I felt I needed to help her out and get her a position as a delivery driver at my store and she had no car so I let her use mine to do the job...but in the end my friend told me she was hitting on him and wanted to come to his house to hang out (he was on house arrest and 10 years younger than her) He said she was saying things in spanish about sex blah blah blah....

So I questioned her and she lied and I cut her off then found out later from another co-worker at the company that she had been going out with 2 guys from 2 different stores at one time and living with one of them...So I realized why I had those feelings like I shouldn't have trusted her sometimes when she told me to pick her up at an unusual location because she was doing the same crap to me...Am I a sucker for that? Yes but do I deserve to be kicked when I'm down when obviously I have bad luck with the kinds of girls I am meeting? I don't think so...All I do is be nice to people in my path and do what I can to help people that need help. I don't see how I became the bad guy when these girls aren't at fault for anything in these stories I told

Old 08-12-2010, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandEddie View Post

Steve Carell scoring leg in the office, the proposition that we are just as qualified for a relationship as the television sets before us.
Very true....If you read my other thread and see the part where I say I am not "looking" for relationships ...this is what I meant right here...I live everyday knowing that I am not entitled to anything in this world because we come in alone and naked and leave the same way and that is how everyday should be...Count your blessings. As for these girls I am referring too...it's more of a me being confused by their reactions and trying to figure out how in a logical world can they do that? rather than me desperately needing and looking for a partner. 32 years of life and I've only had 4 years of interaction / relationship with women....that should speak to my "needing" of a partner in this world

Old 08-12-2010, 11:01 PM

1,499 posts, read 1,238,486 times
Quote:
Very true....If you read my other thread and see the part where I say I am not "looking" for relationships ...this is what I meant right here...I live everyday knowing that I am not entitled to anything in this world because we come in alone and naked and leave the same way and that is how everyday should be...Count your blessings. As for these girls I am referring too...it's more of a me being confused by their reactions and trying to figure out how in a logical world can they do that? rather than me desperately needing and looking for a partner. 32 years of life and I've only had 4 years of interaction / relationship with women....that should speak to my "needing" of a partner in this world
When our needs exceed our hope to be able to keep up with that barrage or the onslaught of others who're looking to connect,
we often allow a level of acceptance that needs tweeking. We tend to give up hope that we'll ever be accepted by "Her" because
our lives are riddled and rampant with self doubt, we live for the defeat that ultimately comes when we narrow our channel to surfing
the net for a like and similar mentality. Where are those days when we would know in our hearts that love was real? the chance to skip
over the panties and look into the heart of an approaching mate? Why has love and association become a game of "covering your ass",
setting down nuptial agreements and generally conforming to the law rather than to the heart?

Sure, we are all hungry for love but that hunger must be weighed against the hunger of others, the one who looks to tantalize you and
spin your head around with trite gestures like "rubbing your elbow". if this is love, you'll know it. If you are the object of her affection,
she'll make that known to you. If she is just playing you, it'll take awhile for you to see that but meantime, never present yourself to
anyone as a love-starved male, in search of a partner. Maintain your dignity at all costs, chances are that she needs you as much,
(or more) than you have ever needed her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships