U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-14-2010, 06:59 PM

3,156 posts, read 3,166,078 times
Default Being a player is not bad :)

I am not talking about lying or misleading women, but trying to meet as many women as possible, without committing to any of them is the way to go until you find someone compatible.

One of the girls I had been seeing decided to stop talking to me when I told her I was going to the Iowa State Fair to meet a female friend last night, she almost acted like we were in a relationship, I have no time for this kind of BS, I told her I did not do anything wrong, I did not lie about it, anyways, I will have to let her go!

Any guy who focuses on one woman only while not being in a relationship with her is a fool in my opinion and like Mr T used to say, I pity the fool!

Old 08-14-2010, 07:01 PM

19,023 posts, read 13,779,228 times
A new TVSG is born??

Old 08-14-2010, 07:05 PM

11,996 posts, read 12,094,044 times
You don't want a relationship with one person right now. One day you'll meet the right person and change your mind about one on one relationships. Since you've been honest, your not a player.

Old 08-14-2010, 07:05 PM

8,681 posts, read 7,431,924 times
Those who can't find someone to be serious with, play.

Old 08-14-2010, 07:10 PM

24,355 posts, read 18,064,738 times
Being a player is not bad.

LOL.

as a grown man when I hear others guys say this shyt it makes me laugh.

Banging chicks is easy. Sorry to be crass.

Not much of an achievement. Certianly doesn't rate in the big picture of things.

Sad that so many men put so much f ing stock in it.

Old 08-14-2010, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
You don't want a relationship with one person right now. One day you'll meet the right person and change your mind about one on one relationships. Since you've been honest, your not a player.
I agree but so many females act very possessive even in the early stages of dating. Ths is not the first time a female will stop talking to me when I tell her that I am dating other people, goes back to that dilemma, should you be honest or lie and mislead? I believe in being honest but it almost always backfires. If I had not mentioned anything to this girl, about seeing other people, we would still be together now, but I don't believe in lying and misleading!

Old 08-14-2010, 07:13 PM

8,395 posts, read 5,634,350 times
I don't know, I always think of players as sad, pathetic, insecure losers trying to boost their low self esteem by 'playing'.

Somehow that is how I see the OP as well.

Old 08-14-2010, 07:19 PM

3,983 posts, read 3,012,468 times
Repubocrat,

It's too bad you can't hear yourself and realize what you might sound like to other people. There is more to life than trying to get into as many different pants as you can, while you can. Don't you think life would be so much easier if you found a woman who could put up with you and just commit to her and end this foolishness? Do you really want to wake up an old man one day with no one in your life that really matters?

Old 08-14-2010, 07:21 PM

11,996 posts, read 12,094,044 times
I don't think it fair to mislead if they're not looking for the same. Eventually the lie is discovered and will still backfire.
You'll end up like the guy in the movie girlfriends past.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I agree but so many females act very possessive even in the early stages of dating. Ths is not the first time a female will stop talking to me when I tell her that I am dating other people, goes back to that dilemma, should you be honest or lie and mislead? I believe in being honest but it almost always backfires. If I had not mentioned anything to this girl, about seeing other people, we would still be together now, but I don't believe in lying and misleading!

Old 08-14-2010, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
Repubocrat,

It's too bad you can't hear yourself and realize what you might sound like to other people. There is more to life than trying to get into as many different pants as you can, while you can. Don't you think life would be so much easier if you found a woman who could put up with you and just commit to her and end this foolishness? Do you really want to wake up an old man one day with no one in your life that really matters?
I am sorry but It is not really about having sex with as many women as possible! Last night, this girl I had been seeing was bitching and nagging for hours, about me going to the Fair to meet this friend, she almost ruined my night. I met my friend there, we hung out, talked, it was a great time, we did not do anything physical or sexual, yet, it was 10 times better than hearing a woman b itch for 2 hours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.