Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2010, 12:08 PM

1,605 posts, read 3,917,847 times

Advertisements

Another thing people tend to overlook when it comes to dating is where you live, and it shows in this thread perfectly. Whereas the people who are from the Midewst and Texas seem to have the view that people who really like each other should just be with each other, people who are posting here and are from NYC are emphasizing on "game."

To all of the people who live in a place where "game" is such an essential skill to just getting to cop a feel, tell me this. Is "game" really that fun? When I hear "game," in my perspective, all it includies is putting on fronts, playing hard to get, wooing the opposite sex by acting like a tool, busting balls and keeping score, splurging money on drinks and being all flashy "up in da club," and putting in so much effort just to bang a flusie who everyone else has already had a turn with. Does that really sound like fun? Shouldn't a human function like dating be natural? I mean if you like a chick and the girl likes you as much, shouldn't that be enough for dating, or at least a fun time in the sack? If you like her and she likes you, you should be able to tap that a** as much as she wants to get her pipes cleaned. None of this "gotta be a playa/balla/sugardaddy/yuppie/preppy/fratboy" mess that's been shoved down our throats by the Glam Rap genre, which BTW needs to die now!

Just my brutal opinion.

Last edited by Do a Barrel Roll; 08-16-2010 at 12:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2010, 12:48 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fairfaxian View Post
To all of the people who live in a place where "game" is such an essential skill to just getting to cop a feel, tell me this. Is "game" really that fun? When I hear "game," in my perspective, all it includies is putting on fronts, playing hard to get, wooing the opposite sex by acting like a tool, busting balls and keeping score, splurging money on drinks and being all flashy "up in da club," and putting in so much effort just to bang a flusie who everyone else has already had a turn with.
where i live that's "game," in the black ghettos, or among white trash, or among middle/working class tourists from up north.

upper-middle class game is mostly snappy repartee, mixed with class, style, a splash of cockiness, and a calm, in-control demeanor. you will get laughed at if you come off like a flashy douchebag.

point is, though, as it relates to the thread, is that these sorts of tribally-dictated formulas for dress, style, and behavior are effective at attracting women. Being a "nice guy" isn't a liability, it is just irrelevant.

Last edited by le roi; 08-16-2010 at 01:12 PM..

Old 08-16-2010, 01:09 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,525,383 times
I'm a guy and I find this article stupid.

Acting like a nice guy doesn't work, because it's an act and because your lack of self-respect and confidence makes turns you into a doormat. Not to mention that behind the exaggarated nice guy often hides a creep. Women know it so they might as well use you.

Bad boys often ACT confident as well. And they attract insecure cheap slots in return.

What women like is confident. You can be a nice guy and confident at the same time.

Guys who follow these relationship gurus really are desparate and unable to wait.

Reminds me of this young man who my GF thought was very charming. She thought he would break a lot of heart. But he was single for a while and got increasingly bizarre. Then he told me he was reading books about how to be a serial player or something. His new 'personality' was so fake and pathetic, we felt bad for him. He seems to have come back to his senses. I suppose he finally got laid.

Old 08-16-2010, 01:18 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,101,587 times
No sane emotionally healthy women wants a jerk or bad boy and says god i hope i dont meet an nice guy..

Sometimes dbags or jerks get women becasue they either dont show there jerks or dbags right away and/or they are really good looking and a women will put up with him beign a jerk for awhile becasue of it..

Old 08-16-2010, 01:24 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,239,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fairfaxian View Post
Another thing people tend to overlook when it comes to dating is where you live, and it shows in this thread perfectly. Whereas the people who are from the Midewst and Texas seem to have the view that people who really like each other should just be with each other, people who are posting here and are from NYC are emphasizing on "game."

To all of the people who live in a place where "game" is such an essential skill to just getting to cop a feel, tell me this. Is "game" really that fun? When I hear "game," in my perspective, all it includies is putting on fronts, playing hard to get, wooing the opposite sex by acting like a tool, busting balls and keeping score, splurging money on drinks and being all flashy "up in da club," and putting in so much effort just to bang a flusie who everyone else has already had a turn with. Does that really sound like fun? Shouldn't a human function like dating be natural? I mean if you like a chick and the girl likes you as much, shouldn't that be enough for dating, or at least a fun time in the sack? If you like her and she likes you, you should be able to tap that a** as much as she wants to get her pipes cleaned. None of this "gotta be a playa/balla/sugardaddy/yuppie/preppy/fratboy" mess that's been shoved down our throats by the Glam Rap genre, which BTW needs to die now!

Just my brutal opinion.
game players and those who like game, are basically immature, and need drama.. Unfortunately it's pretty common though.

Old 08-16-2010, 02:56 PM

404 posts, read 701,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeLucasLongLostChin View Post
Reminds me of this young man who my GF thought was very charming. She thought he would break a lot of heart. But he was single for a while and got increasingly bizarre. Then he told me he was reading books about how to be a serial player or something. His new 'personality' was so fake and pathetic, we felt bad for him. He seems to have come back to his senses. I suppose he finally got laid.
Do you have an idea how arrogant and despective you have made yourself sound here?

So, is that how you speak of men who, unfortunately, cannot attract women the same as you can? You joke with his attempts to improve his situation and call him pathetic? You suppose he "got laid" (how despective way to put it)?

I don't know, this man might have been too nice of a guy but you sound like a complete jerk. If you really are like this post suggests, you deserve to have difficulties in life that other people make fun of, just to let you know the feeling...

Old 08-16-2010, 03:13 PM

1,419 posts, read 2,455,336 times
And how is this news?

Old 08-16-2010, 03:41 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,162,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Atlanta, Georgia (CNN) -- Dean Melcher was the kind of guy who befriended girls easier than boys. He was a tad shy, consistently thoughtful and surrounded by women, but he still couldn't get a girlfriend.

Men ditch 'nice guy' style, get more dates - CNN.com
This is news how? Pickup/dating coaches have been telling guys for years now, decades even, that simply being "nice" is not what women find attractive.

Old 08-16-2010, 03:56 PM

364 posts, read 1,979,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carra View Post
Do you have an idea how arrogant and despective you have made yourself sound here?

So, is that how you speak of men who, unfortunately, cannot attract women the same as you can? You joke with his attempts to improve his situation and call him pathetic? You suppose he "got laid" (how despective way to put it)?

I don't know, this man might have been too nice of a guy but you sound like a complete jerk. If you really are like this post suggests, you deserve to have difficulties in life that other people make fun of, just to let you know the feeling...
wow, that's what I call an honest response

Old 08-16-2010, 04:55 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I don't know about that...I think normal people will always be able to ferret out the other normal people and live quiet, happy lives together. The drama junkies will find someone to pop their veins.
Maybe. From where I sit though, it seems like separating the wheat from the chaff can be an exhausting affair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdJones View Post
You haven't had to play the dating game because of what?
Because I've only had 2 partners since I was 17. Partner #2 and I already knew each other when partner #1 and I split and it was apparent pretty shortly afterward that we would become an item, which foreclosed having to enter the dating "scene." We weren't sure at the time that it would be a long-term relationship but we decided to give it a shot. Turned out to be a good bet. So in short I've never really had to date as an adult, and honestly I wouldn't have any idea how to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships